Jump to content
LB_DCFC

Craig Bryson

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

I really don't think not having many central midfielders contracted for next season is a good reason to offer a contract to a current one.

We could get some more midfielders.

what we going to use for money?

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

You know how it works, right?

No i dont know how it works we are supposed to be extremely close to breaching  FFP rules.And to think that Mel Morris will breach it on another whim buy isnt on.So yes we may be about to buy a midfielder.who  will he be better that Bryson i doubt it

Edited by TommyPowel
spelling

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

Thank God for that.  He's been living off the 13/14 season ever since.  Take away his goals and you're left with a very average midfielder.

Another player give the 'Russell Treatment', whereby if you run around a lot fans will forgive the fact you're only productive for one game out of five...

How can you say take away his goals So should we take all players goals away before making a judgement?  of course not.Bryson has been here 8 seasons in this day and age it might be considered  trivial.But loyalty deserves praise not just shrugged off as tho he was some sort of 1 season wonder.

Share this post


Link to post

It’s probably not a formality that he will accept this offer anyway. Being the best payed player at a mid range SPL club may be worse than he could do financially at another Champ club.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Dean_Saunders said:

It’s probably not a formality that he will accept this offer anyway. Being the best payed player at a mid range SPL club may be worse than he could do financially at another Champ club.

.... and whichever champ club that is (if it happened) would go up - just like Cardiff did - you just know it.

Share this post


Link to post

Personally I would offer Bryson and Johnson new deals which would reflect thier current value to us so that would be about a third of thier current wages with a maximum of two year deal apiece- they both contribute and help the youngsters but obviously they won’t be playing every week. - would they want that reality ? Who knows but we would be sensible to do it.

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, TommyPowel said:

How can you say take away his goals So should we take all players goals away before making a judgement?  of course not.Bryson has been here 8 seasons in this day and age it might be considered  trivial.But loyalty deserves praise not just shrugged off as tho he was some sort of 1 season wonder.

FFS I'm not on about taking them off him, and not giving them back.  I'm saying that if he's not scoring goals from his position he's near enough redundant.  He's not creative enough to be a No 10, and he's not disciplined enough to play in the defensive/holding role.  All he's good for is running about a lot and passing to a colleague who's within 10 feet of him.  For a modern box to box midfielder, especially in a three man midfield you need something more...

He's been a good, and loyal (very well paid) member of the squad but you go handing out new contracts based on 18 months of good form...

Share this post


Link to post
20 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Johnsons been here 4 years and had about 15 decent games .  Half of those were in the first 10 matches .   Bryson has not been the same player since the injury in 2015 .  But I would never say his output has been worse than Johnsons.

too harsh.  He's not great but he has probably had 15 really good games and many more decent games (and probably even more bad games!).  I guess you are letting your prejudice cloud your judgement.  Thought he had a decent game on Saturday and was close to MoM.  

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Spanish said:

too harsh.  He's not great but he has probably had 15 really good games and many more decent games (and probably even more bad games!).  I guess you are letting your prejudice cloud your judgement.  Thought he had a decent game on Saturday and was close to MoM.  

Same as against Wigan on Tuesday

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, TommyPowel said:

So yes we may be about to buy a midfielder.who  will he be better that Bryson i doubt it

Aron Gunnarsson if fit please. 

Share this post


Link to post
20 hours ago, Spanish said:

too harsh.  He's not great but he has probably had 15 really good games and many more decent games (and probably even more bad games!).  I guess you are letting your prejudice cloud your judgement.  Thought he had a decent game on Saturday and was close to MoM.  

He's an immensely frustrating player - If he concentrated on doing the simple things well he'd be unplayable - But he seems to think he's better than he is

On Saturday he was caught in possession 3-4 times in our own half and had to be dug out of holes by the defence because of it - When Wednesday had the ball he was great, energetic, passionate, determined, strong in the tackle - But when we had the ball I was nervous every time the ball went to him

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.