Leeds FC

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Well no you did not if I remmber rightly you had pay on the day

You deny us that

8 minutes ago, ossieram said:

Look at the numbers and give me one good reason why they are lower than many others when you have never been restricted at Derby before?

Not arguing with you, it was a loyalty game for Leeds fans. You had to have been to something like 15 games the season before to initially qualify. The demand was so high. 

58 minutes ago, Leeds FC said:

So are you trying to say we did not sell out for our first away of the season ? Your claim is laughable 

It didn't make sense, unless Derbyshire police had some Intel that made them reduce the numbers. Bizarre, when they give forest 3,000.

Official figures showed that were over a thousand empty seats and I remember the away section being only 2 thirds full. 

I'll take your word that you sold all the tickets given, but struggle to find a reason for you only having 2,000 allocation. 

3 minutes ago, angieram said:

Can't argue with that but it really doesn’t make sense unless you restrict us to a similar amount and we are responding in kind. We have given everyone else around 3,000.

We did charge quite a bit less than you are charging us though. 

We do get our allocations reduced quite a lot and have the highest amount of games changed to early kick offs. Blackburn was 12pm ! We’re also sick of been on Sky, it’s beyond a joke. The reason we are on is because last season for example, the lowest viewing figure for one of our games on tv was higher than any other teams best viewing. We’re on more because we pull the punters in and Sky obviously need to justify selling adverts.

Sith Happens

Can we change the title of this thread to

'leeds fan in peace (but not really, I've come to gloat about how great we are and we have the best support and everyone wants to watch us, so there na-nana-na-nah')

Jesus Wept when are people going to realise attendances mean absolutely nothing. As long as each person who goes to the football match is passionate about their club then I don't see what the problem is. Just because, I don't know, York City have significantly less supporters, does not make their support invalid because the supporters who do go are passionate about their club. 

7 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Can we change the title of this thread to

'leeds fan in peace (but not really, I've come to gloat about how great we are and we have the best support and everyone wants to watch us, so there na-nana-na-nah')

Title too short, surely. ?

Ironically i think we stand a better chance in this game than we did in the home game.

bielsa's Leeds were an unknown quantity then. We had a rookie left back and got taken apart. Roofe has improved beyond recognition. The work rate of that team was phenomenal.

not heard any team news yet but alot depends on whether wilson is fit, holmes gets picked, and wisdom gets another game.

if they all play then i think we have a good chance. We need to attack which will either end in a damp squib defeat as happened at bramall lane, or a goal scoring classic like carrow road.

for some reason i'm feeling optimistic. 

What does everyone think of the possibility of playing Nugent and Marriott together. Personally thought they linked up really well in the second half against the Saints. Nuge may not be the most prolific goalscorer, but having Marriott trying to win long balls is quite painful to watch and with Nugent there it allows them both to make up for the other's weakness. 

Sith Happens
2 minutes ago, AlfonzoBurlonzo said:

What does everyone think of the possibility of playing Nugent and Marriott together. Personally thought they linked up really well in the second half against the Saints. Nuge may not be the most prolific goalscorer, but having Marriott trying to win long balls is quite painful to watch and with Nugent there it allows them both to make up for the other's weakness. 

Replace nuge with Waghorn and yes

Police restricted Leeds to only 2000 for the opening home game of season.

B4 - you claim we had 3000 at Norwich? We had 1300 from a total allocation of 1600. One poster even wrote this on the thread.

Leeds fans travel brilliantly. We travel pretty well but the odd game just doesn't work. Leeds ticket prices combined with Sky/Friday night just combine.

This is a great time to play you I think. We will miss Wilson but I'm looking forward to it. (On Sky)

2 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Police restricted Leeds to only 2000 for the opening home game of season.

B4 - you claim we had 3000 at Norwich? We had 1300 from a total allocation of 1600. One poster even wrote this on the thread.

Leeds fans travel brilliantly. We travel pretty well but the odd game just doesn't work. Leeds ticket prices combined with Sky/Friday night just combine.

This is a great time to play you Is Wilson but I'm looking forward to it. (On Sky)

Being a bit pedantic but we sold the 1600 for Norwich.

1 hour ago, Leeds FC said:

We do get our allocations reduced quite a lot and have the highest amount of games changed to early kick offs. Blackburn was 12pm ! We’re also sick of been on Sky, it’s beyond a joke. The reason we are on is because last season for example, the lowest viewing figure for one of our games on tv was higher than any other teams best viewing. We’re on more because we pull the punters in and Sky obviously need to justify selling adverts.

We still kicked the poo out of you when we chased you out the ossie end seats after you decided to rip them out and throw them down on us.

Archived