Leeds fan in peace, with a pair of binoculars, pliers and a change of clothes

Leeds FC

1 minute ago, Angry Ram said:

How many more Leeds fans 'in peace' WTF does that mean anyway!

It means nowt. They're just sussing out our numbers and mood before deciding whether to attack the old and disabled on their way back to the coaches again.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, ram59 said:

Pot and kettle this season.

I was surprised when you brought less than 2,000 out of your allocation of 3,000 earlier this season. 

Don’t mean to be funny but we have sold out every allocation in minutes this season. We sold the allocation you gave us. For away games we sell to season ticket holders first, then members who get 20% after that. We have none going on general sale ever. Norwich who we play start of Feb Sat eve 5.30 same prices as you for Friday have sold 1,500 on the first day of sales. I think your at about 1,200 ?  Mentioned prices but Derby should sell more than Norwich for an away game surely ?  You brought 952 last season which let’s be honest is poor. There you go Leeds fan no longer in peace ! 

56 minutes ago, ossieram said:

It means nowt. They're just sussing out our numbers and mood before deciding whether to attack the old and disabled on their way back to the coaches again.

I have no problem with Leeds fans - they are usually quite friendly. But their stewards and police? Got a lot to learn about customer service, in my opinion.

2 hours ago, LondonRam2 said:

Bear in mind also that the population of Derby is probably about half that of Leeds.  On a good day at home we get 30,000 from a population of about 300,000 in the city.  Based on that ratio, if your population is say 600,000 (I haven't checked it's just a guess) then is your home gate 60,000?  I don't think so...LOL

We are Derby COUNTY and the population of the county is over 1 million. It's a myth that Derby supporters all live in the city. I think about 3 in 10 do.

20 minutes ago, Leeds FC said:

Don’t mean to be funny but we have sold out every allocation in minutes this season. We sold the allocation you gave us. For away games we sell to season ticket holders first, then members who get 20% after that. We have none going on general sale ever. Norwich who we play start of Feb Sat eve 5.30 same prices as you for Friday have sold 1,500 on the first day of sales. I think your at about 1,200 ?  Mentioned prices but Derby should sell more than Norwich for an away game surely ?  You brought 952 last season which let’s be honest is poor. There you go Leeds fan no longer in peace ! 

Our away following varies for whatever reason. In the case of Leeds away, the legend has it that you go there at your own peril. Basically, we chicken out, me included, whereas we'll travel much further to 'more friendly' grounds. 

I was shocked when you had over 1,000 empty seats at pride Park. Maybe the police restricted away numbers for the Leeds game only. 

33 minutes ago, Leeds FC said:

Why does it matter how many away tickets we sell? This game is a Friday and on TV with high ticket prices. The whole ''we take more fans away than you do'' is about as pointless as ''x is a bigger club than x'' it's purely a dick measuring competition, who really gives a poo? 

9 minutes ago, ram59 said:

Our away following varies for whatever reason. In the case of Leeds away, the legend has it that you go there at your own peril. Basically, we chicken out, me included, whereas we'll travel much further to 'more friendly' grounds. 

I was shocked when you had over 1,000 empty seats at pride Park. Maybe the police restricted away numbers for the Leeds game only. 

Yea, they will let forest have 3000+, but will restrict dirty lids! I don't think so.

16 minutes ago, angieram said:

We are Derby COUNTY and the population of the county is over 1 million. It's a myth that Derby supporters all live in the city. I think about 3 in 10 do.

The county thing is a bit misleading though. People in North staffs live closer than those in North Derbyshire. The former is likely to be a Derby fan and the latter support one of the Manchester teams. 

I'm Brum born and not very well bred, but have followed the Rams since 1970.

26 minutes ago, ram59 said:

I can assure you we log on 10.30 and it sells out 10.35. We also have about 600 away season ticket holders which takes a big chunk out of our allocation. Blackburn gave us 7,000 and it went in minutes. 

5 hours ago, Leeds FC said:

Looking forward to the game on Friday against a much improved Derby since we last played you. We’ve hit a bit of a rocky spell but we’ve still played well. Same time we need to get back to winning ways. Good news for you, due to injuries, suspensions & players departing we will have 7 missing from the game earlier in the season inc our best player Hernandez.  I’ll actually take a point now. Game as been sold out a while now at our end & I hear you’ve sold about 1,200 ? Pricing is a joke so I can understand people staying away and with it been on Sky. Should be a great atmosphere 

Yes a point seems a likely outcome. Hopefully an entertaining game for all.

16 minutes ago, Leeds FC said:

I can assure you we log on 10.30 and it sells out 10.35. We also have about 600 away season ticket holders which takes a big chunk out of our allocation. Blackburn gave us 7,000 and it went in minutes. 

Well done. Who cares? What are you trying to prove here? Why are you arguing how many away fans you take on another club's forum?

Sith Happens
2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Well done. Who cares? What are you trying to prove here? Why are you arguing how many away fans you take on another club's forum?

Hes come in peace not to have a pissing competition about away fans don't you know.

33 minutes ago, Leeds FC said:

So are you trying to say we did not sell out for our first away of the season ? Your claim is laughable 

Look at the numbers and give me one good reason why they are lower than many others when you have never been restricted at Derby before?

52 minutes ago, ram59 said:

The county thing is a bit misleading though. People in North staffs live closer than those in North Derbyshire. The former is likely to be a Derby fan and the latter support one of the Manchester teams. 

I'm Brum born and not very well bred, but have followed the Rams since 1970.

I agree; quite a few Nottinghamshire fans too. My point still stands - our catchment area is not just Derby City.

Archived