Leeds fan in peace, with a pair of binoculars, pliers and a change of clothes

Leeds FC

1 hour ago, AlfonzoBurlonzo said:

Jesus Wept when are people going to realise attendances mean absolutely nothing. As long as each person who goes to the football match is passionate about their club then I don't see what the problem is. Just because, I don't know, York City have significantly less supporters, does not make their support invalid because the supporters who do go are passionate about their club. 

It always makes me laugh when supporters sing about a support being not very good ( paraphrase),  to the fans who have actually made the effort to attend.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Leeds FC said:

Norwich who we play start of Feb Sat eve 5.30 same prices as you for Friday have sold 1,500 on the first day of sales. I think your at about 1,200 ?

Because comparing a Saturday evening match with a Friday night match is a fair comparison ?

9 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

It always makes me laugh when supporters sing about a support being not very good ( paraphrase),  to the fans who have actually made the effort to attend.

You make a good point there. It's enjoyable to be among thousands of traveling supporters.

How difficult must it be to travel every week and sit in a stand with about 100 fellow Hardy fools and constantly have the mick taken out of you. Those we ridicule are real supporters. 

Don’t mean to be funny but we have sold out every allocation in minutes this season. We sold the allocation you gave us. For away games we sell to season ticket holders first, then members who get 20% after that. We have none going on general sale ever. Norwich who we play start of Feb Sat eve 5.30 same prices as you for Friday have sold 1,500 on the first day of sales. I think your at about 1,200 ?  Mentioned prices but Derby should sell more than Norwich for an away game surely ?  You brought 952 last season which let’s be honest is poor. There you go Leeds fan no longer in peace ! 

Not everyone wants to get the jabs necessary to travel to Leeds thats all...

2 hours ago, angieram said:

Can't argue with that but it really doesn’t make sense unless you restrict us to a similar amount and we are responding in kind. We have given everyone else around 3,000.

We did charge quite a bit less than you are charging us though. 

Yorkshire people have always been stingy though... 

5 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

The really supporters who actully go to the games.

Going to games isn't necessarily the mark of a real supporter.

What about those who live abroad, but spend there cash on the club on overpriced tat and subscriptions to keep in touch?

What about those who simply can't afford it?

Or those whose health/fragility doesn't allow them to attend?

Going to games isn't the be all and end all of support, we are all different.

Even you yourself can't make certain games if your dad can't take you, are you less of a fan on those occasions?

5 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Going to games isn't necessarily the mark of a real supporter.

What about those who live abroad, but spend there cash on the club on overpriced tat and subscriptions to keep in touch?

What about those who simply can't afford it?

Or those whose health/fragility doesn't allow them to attend?

Going to games isn't the be all and end all of support, we are all different.

Even you yourself can't make certain games if your dad can't take you, are you less of a fan on those occasions?

In our own different ways we’re all Derby! 

I can assure you we log on 10.30 and it sells out 10.35. We also have about 600 away season ticket holders which takes a big chunk out of our allocation. Blackburn gave us 7,000 and it went in minutes. 

You're more popular than Take That

Too many games being changed to night games pal, Even a trip to Stoke/West Brom means an afternoon off work and no trains home, we've got Preston and Forest, coming up which have also been moved, and a midweek cup replay at Southampton and that's all before the end of January. Can't have one and a half days off work for every one of them or we'll have no holidays left for the summer. 

Add to that £40 a ticket and I can just go down the pub and get blathered in the warmth and there you go. 

Sky sports is ducking poo. 

Leeds fans are really excited as they are currently the top team in Yorkshire for the first time in about 20 years.

I struggle to see how such a large and passionate fan base has allowed such a long succession of terrible owners to run their club though. You'd have thought they would have come up with something together.

We have the best fans 

No, we do

No, we do

No, we do

No, we do

No, we do

No, we do

No, we do

No, we do

No, we do

No, we do

No, we do

You know, I'm not going Friday. I'm going home after work and watching on the telly because it will save me money and time and traffic. I could not give a poo what rating I get as a fan. And I couldn't give a poo what the attendance is. I'm watching the football, I'll spend £20 on a Chinese and be nice and warm. Probably watch a movie after. 

Should I feel ashamed? Have I let my club down? Am I lesser man? Am I plastic fan?

Bore off. Who cares?

Lots of biting on this thread guys - sure all the Leeds fans reading this will be most amused.

Our OP is right in some senses though. Our away support fluctuates a lot which is strange (to outsiders) considering how consistent our home gates are. In the past 10 years, we've taken 9000 to Barnsley, 10,000 to Old Trafford, 7000 to Blackburn so we can travel - just not on a consistently large basis compared to Leeds. Their away support is magnificent - no arguments but their home support is very inconsistent.

Leeds Utd are more representative of West Yorkshire as a whole - their profile in Leeds isn't actually that high (the city itself is very cosmopolitan as the OP says) & they are only 'big' by dint of large populations nearby with either no team or a historically lower league team e.g. Wakefield, Bradford, Halifax etc. Although the club shop has now reopened in town, it closed a few years ago due to lack of sales/interest. It also wasn't that long ago that games at Elland Road were pulling in less than 20,000. Their excellent away support can probably be explained by the large number of West Yorkshire exiles throughout the country (particularly London) who will grab the chance to see Leeds locally.

One thing we can learn from Leeds - look at how their South Stand co-ordinate signing tomorrow to drown out the away fans. Our South Stand - take note.

1 hour ago, ariotofmyown said:

Leeds fans are really excited as they are currently the top team in Yorkshire for the first time in about 20 years.

I struggle to see how such a large and passionate fan base has allowed such a long succession of terrible owners to run their club though. You'd have thought they would have come up with something together.

Huddesfield in the Prem, don't count then?

Archived