One night soon.

FindernRam

1. I'm going to go to sleep a man in good health but wake up a decrepit wreck who is unfit to go abroad again
  2. I'm going to sleep as a driver with no claims in over 20 years, but wake up a hazard to all other drivers everywhere
  3. I won't be able to hire a car
  4. My credit rating will plummet overnight

what is this terrible event...….?

I'm going to turn 70. And the family want to celebrate!

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, FindernRam said:
  1. I'm going to go to sleep a man in good health but wake up a decrepit wreck who is unfit to go abroad again
  2. I'm going to sleep as a driver with no claims in over 20 years, but wake up a hazard to all other drivers everywhere
  3. won't be able to hire a car

So.... you’re basically becoming a student again?

1 hour ago, FindernRam said:

Growing old is a pain but the alternative is worse.

3 hours ago, FindernRam said:

You should not be able to drive... 

I'm taking the pee.. Which I have to now 3 or 4 time a night myself.

Haooy birthday yoof.

Just realised the juxtaposition between my jokey moaning thread about getting old and the very serious one regarding mental issues.

I mean no disrespect to anyone suffering from these terrible things. In my life, my father suffered mightily after the war, in an era where you " got on with it". As a child I knew little of this at the time.

My sister is also depressive so I do understand. 

On 09/01/2019 at 13:53, FindernRam said:

Most of this is of course a load of old bolleaux. Believe it from one who knows, but not sure about travel insurance.

However, her indoors and I went to a show in London last year, and people actually stood up to give us their seats, on the underground! That made me feel old.

On 09/01/2019 at 15:52, BurtonRam7 said:

Going by the title, I thought it would be @David announcing the forum's 10th birthday celebration.

The forum was founded the day before I got married. So when David starts talking about the forum’s birthday, I know I have to nip out and buy flowers. He even handily reminds me which number I need them to write on the note. 

Archived