Is anybody in the know anymore???

Parsnip

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

I've been hanging round the patio sets section of B&Q since the minute the window opened.

Nothing

Who did that rumour actually concern? Every transfer window I hear the 'Player X is buying a patio set at B&Q' joke but I don't know how it originated.

7 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Who did that rumour actually concern? Every transfer window I hear the 'Player X is buying a patio set at B&Q' joke but I don't know how it originated.

Tommy Smith

It was on the old DET forum where a poster had seen Tommy Smith buying a patio set and declared he wasn’t going anywhere because of it.

He was sold next day to Watford.

Just add ITK to whatever you want.

For example :

I know someone who works at the club who told me he heard that Stoke wanted Bradley Johnson to be the new creative no10 but since rowett was likely to get the boot it fell through, however other clubs are keen but no one wants to match his wages. . You don't have to believe me but I'm totally ITK

5 hours ago, coneheadjohn said:

I’m happy for someone to make something up just for the sake of brightening things up.

Just make ?up someone please.

Just to make you happy and to continue this forum’s tradition of 2+2=5. Chelsea recall Lewis Baker from loan at Leeds in order to loan him to a championship club - we made an approach for him (4 years ago) - it clearly adds up

21 minutes ago, singaporeram said:

Just to make you happy and to continue this forum’s tradition of 2+2=5. Chelsea recall Lewis Baker from loan at Leeds in order to loan him to a championship club - we made an approach for him (4 years ago) - it clearly adds up

That’s far too sensible,2+2=107.

More like Chelsea recall Lewis Baker to cover the imminent loan moves of Hudson-Odoi and Ampadu to Derby County?

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Just add ITK to whatever you want.

For example :

I know someone who works at the club who told me he heard that Stoke wanted Bradley Johnson to be the new creative no10 but since rowett was likely to get the boot it fell through, however other clubs are keen but no one wants to match his wages. . You don't have to believe me but I'm totally ITK

I think there is a sliver of truth in this...sorry slither of truth.

1 hour ago, coneheadjohn said:

Roberto Baggio,he was spotted buying a pack of disposable bbq’s.

I knew it was a loooong time ago - and must have originated on the old Derby Telegraph Rams forum?

in my head I thought it was Tommy Smith, but Baggio would have been even before that!

16 hours ago, Parsnip said:

What happened to all the ITK forum members??? 

When i joined this forum @MACKWORTHRAM and @Super Derby Super Rams were on fire! I knew about Vydra before Vydra knew about Vydra! 

Now what we got? @King Kevin reckons he knows summat about a couple of loans but won't say owt about it and @Carl Sagan reckons he knows summat about a lower league defender but won't say owt about it.

Somebody must know summat!

I NEED INFORMATION!!!

2715B5E0-AD83-4D9B-92F6-A5D5EA76927C.jpeg

2 hours ago, coneheadjohn said:

I made it up mate,I was just trying to confuse @BurtonRam7...sorry.

Haha - in that case I'm sticking to the story as I remember it!

Some guy in B&Q said that he saw Tommy Smith buying a patio set, and offered that up as evidence that he was definitely not leaving us to rejoin Watford.

Tommy was at that point (2005/2006) our Player of the Season, and people were keen to see him stay.

Needless to say, he joined Watford a few days later, and hence the idea of a patio set somehow tying him to the Rams long term became the subject of no small amount of ridicule.

We should have our own wiki page for in-jokes like this ?

Archived