Sparkle

Derby’s Top Assists

Im surprised there are so many with "no official assist" I know if they take a deflection that greatly effects the ball path it doesnt count, but still seems high.

"Key Passes Per Game" is the the metric alot of people talk up as the alternative, which is sort of chances created?

Mason Mount 2.2

Harry Wilson 1.6

Mason Bennett 1.2

Craig Forsyth 1.1

Scott Malone 0.9

Mason Mount is 5th in the league and the most of any player under 21.

5 minutes ago, Shuff264 said:

Im surprised there are so many with "no official assist" I know if they take a deflection that greatly effects the ball path it doesnt count, but still seems high.

"Key Passes Per Game" is the the metric alot of people talk up as the alternative, which is sort of chances created?

Mason Mount 2.2

Harry Wilson 1.6

Mason Bennett 1.2

Craig Forsyth 1.1

Scott Malone 0.9

Mason Mount is 5th in the league and the most of any player under 21.

How can craig forsthy have 4 assists but only 1.1 key passes? These statistics make no sense. 

Mount is up there in terms of chances created. Think it was Fozzy who was credited with the assist for Bryson’s goal against Sheff Utd, when the goal was really created by Mounts turn and pass to Fozzy taking 3 players out the game that created the goal.

Assists are definitely not everything.

6 hours ago, RamNut said:

But lawrence's ball to marriott was even better.

And doesn't even register as an assist!

14 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

23 - No official assist

4 - Forsyth

3 - Bennett, Marriott

2 - Johnson, Bryson, Mount

1 - Nugent, Jozefzoon, Wilson, Bogle, Waghorn, Keogh, Carson

12 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

How can craig forsthy have 4 assists but only 1.1 key passes? These statistics make no sense. 

Cos one stat is a 'total in all games'  and another is 'average number per game' . Not contradictory at all

44 minutes ago, Adslegend said:

Seeing the thread title made me think we were going through our favourite assists. If we were I think this would be right up there.

Do one for Thorne’s slide-rule pass to Russell for that chip against Huddersfield. I dare you.

47 minutes ago, Adslegend said:

Seeing the thread title made me think we were going through our favourite assists. If we were I think this would be right up there.

Shocking attempt to lob the keeper.  Good job CM was alert!  :-)