Sign in to follow this  
Cjay

Leeds Fan In Peace 2

On 08/01/2019 at 13:39, Cjay said:

Hello Rams😊

With the game coming up thought id come back.

Just wondering what you think of Frank Lampards Derby so far?

Key players, disappointments, season so far and how you see it panning out and finally the game on Friday.

Thanks in advance.

Cjay.

Welcome back Cjay.

So far, we're a bit like the curates egg - good in patches but inconsistent.

Key players - all the ones we don't have, as that's what we keep moaning about. A true hard tackling linking mid-fielder, a full back (right or left) who can stop a cross coming in, a more commanding keeper......etc.....

Disappointments - that the cash has run out just when it seems that Mel has stumbled across a manager who might actually HAVE a scooby-doo

Season so far - unpredictable, from the sublime to the occasional pasting. Never know what to expect really.

How will it pan out? - more of the same I suspect. We will win some we don't expect to as other teams hit blips. We will no doubt lose some we don't expect to as teams start scrapping. I would settle for a more even points haul from H1 to H2 of the season, to shake off the "bottler" tag.

Friday - if Hernandez is out and as you have lost Saiz I feel a bit more optimistic - but would be happier if Roofe has his head turned! Could go either way by 2 or 3. I shall be in the local so if its not going well i shall switch to the Old Timer and block out the match in a beer-sodden haze 👍

33 minutes ago, Cjay said:

Rohypnol, a garage, a chair, some rope, people are a lot more willing to be your friend after that i find.

Just some advice based on what ive heard. 

Well give you have Roofey on your books I'll assume you know your eggs.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, HantsRam said:

Welcome back Cjay.

So far, we're a bit like the curates egg - good in patches but inconsistent.

Key players - all the ones we don't have, as that's what we keep moaning about. A true hard tackling linking mid-fielder, a full back (right or left) who can stop a cross coming in, a more commanding keeper......etc.....

Disappointments - that the cash has run out just when it seems that Mel has stumbled across a manager who might actually HAVE a scooby-doo

Season so far - unpredictable, from the sublime to the occasional pasting. Never know what to expect really.

How will it pan out? - more of the same I suspect. We will win some we don't expect to as other teams hit blips. We will no doubt lose some we don't expect to as teams start scrapping. I would settle for a more even points haul from H1 to H2 of the season, to shake off the "bottler" tag.

Friday - if Hernandez is out and as you have lost Saiz I feel a bit more optimistic - but would be happier if Roofe has his head turned! Could go either way by 2 or 3. I shall be in the local so if its not going well i shall switch to the Old Timer and block out the match in a beer-sodden haze 👍

That's 'clue' for you northerners.

Edited by Angry Ram

4 hours ago, Cjay said:

Rohypnol, a garage, a chair, some rope, people are a lot more willing to be your friend after that i find.

Just some advice based on what ive heard. 

You’ve obviously been to some of the quieter parts of Derbyshire?

Lampards doing alright so far really, no more no less. He’s had to turn the team around from the aging mess Rowett left and he’s certainly started on that front, though we still aren’t really playing the beautiful game we all want to, and haven’t been able to properly rebuild given budget constraints. Think you’ll see more of what Lampard wanted of us next season. 

Key players could be anyone or no one really depending who’s on their game. Wilson looks to be injured so you won’t have to contend with him, Duane Holmes however looks like our next big thing and has a worldy ball in his locker. If we play well, Mount will have a big impact on the game as well, and Marriott is generally lethal up front. Tomori could play like a prem player or a conference player depending on whether he decides to try headers. Disappointments really have to be our lack of consistency, particulary as we seem to struggle to create chances to beat lower teams. At times we don’t look to have enough energy in us and have been hammered a few times because of it as we resort to hoofing. That’s my fear for tomorrow night really, midfield balance has often not been there either.

And the defending obviously, our defensive organisation as a unit has been truely atrocious at times this season. Have a couple of attacks, particulary early on as we always give teams head starts, and you’ll be pretty much guaranteed to score. We also don’t bother stopping crosses. But we’re never beaten. And that’s what might just give us something against you lot. Match really could go any which way to be honest , but I’ll be there to see how it pans out!

18 hours ago, coneheadjohn said:

You’ve obviously been to some of the quieter parts of Derbyshire?

Didn't think they allowed Leeds fans in the west stand. 

22 hours ago, Cjay said:

Patrick Bamford, Izzy Brown, Barry Douglas, Lewis Baker, Samu Saiz, Stuart Dallas, Gaetano Berardi, Pablo Hernandez. Kalvin Phillips. 

Thats 5 of the starting 11 last time we met, plus 2 of the subs who are out.

You will never have a better chance to win at Elland Road then Friday.

Just keep crossing the ball. We'll bury it if you don't 

Waited a day to do this.

Thought the game was basically a repeat of the one at Pride Park.

We lookes fitter, stronger, better organised and better trained. 

For the majority of the game we were 1st to every ball, 1st to every tackle, swarming all over your players winning the ball back at every opportunity, at times your players looked panic stricken.

You did have decent periods, but nothing sustained. 

The panic our pressing caused meant poor Jack Marriott was getting balls fired in his general direction with little or no chance of getting there.

Was surprised Huddlestone didnt play, is he injured? Thought having him in your midfield, someone really good on the ball, able to pick a pass and bring a bit of calmness to your midfield would have helped.

Harry Wilson was a huge loss for you obviously, the gaps we leave behind the full backs is well known and imo he would have exploited it. You didnt really, there were a few balls into the channels but JM was so isolated by the time anyone got near him he'd already been swarmed and lost the ball.

Thought Holmes was your best player, the only one who tried to pick the ball up and carry it forward, was surprised he was put at right back.

Your 2 full backs were very poor, Mason Mount is turning into a bit of a myth, hardly noticed him. Bryson tried hard tbf to him imo, just couldn't impact the game. 

Keogh did ok imo, probably the best of your back 4 but he didnt cover himself in glory for our 2nd. 

Carson at fault for goal 1 not 2 i dont think, the defenders could have done more.

Tom Lawrence had moments of inspiration but given he cost £7mil he should be doing more imo.

Did feel a bit sorry for your full backs, to often they were allowed to be 2 v 1, its no wonder as you guys said you cant stop crosses.

Thought the ref was poor for both sides, 3 penalties missed. I dont know what our goalie was doing, looked deliberate to me and thst shameful. But it seems we have a new goalie arriving on Monday so thats ok.

Credit to Frank Lampard for not blaming "spygate" after the game, i thought he might, he didnt so well done Frank.

Still like Frank, always have, but he got it wrong i think, should have played Huddlestone, should have gone 4-4-2 from the start, would have given Marriott some support and forced Adam Forshaw to sit back between the 2 cbs therefore maybe stopping your midfield getting so overrun.

Or maybe its simply Bielsa has Franks number? Some managers just cant beat others. 

Still think you will make top 6.

Need a new cb and dm imo.

Thanks for the responses on this thread😊