Leeds Fan In Peace 2

Cjay

Lampards doing alright so far really, no more no less. He’s had to turn the team around from the aging mess Rowett left and he’s certainly started on that front, though we still aren’t really playing the beautiful game we all want to, and haven’t been able to properly rebuild given budget constraints. Think you’ll see more of what Lampard wanted of us next season. 

Key players could be anyone or no one really depending who’s on their game. Wilson looks to be injured so you won’t have to contend with him, Duane Holmes however looks like our next big thing and has a worldy ball in his locker. If we play well, Mount will have a big impact on the game as well, and Marriott is generally lethal up front. Tomori could play like a prem player or a conference player depending on whether he decides to try headers. Disappointments really have to be our lack of consistency, particulary as we seem to struggle to create chances to beat lower teams. At times we don’t look to have enough energy in us and have been hammered a few times because of it as we resort to hoofing. That’s my fear for tomorrow night really, midfield balance has often not been there either.

And the defending obviously, our defensive organisation as a unit has been truely atrocious at times this season. Have a couple of attacks, particulary early on as we always give teams head starts, and you’ll be pretty much guaranteed to score. We also don’t bother stopping crosses. But we’re never beaten. And that’s what might just give us something against you lot. Match really could go any which way to be honest , but I’ll be there to see how it pans out!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, Cjay said:

Patrick Bamford, Izzy Brown, Barry Douglas, Lewis Baker, Samu Saiz, Stuart Dallas, Gaetano Berardi, Pablo Hernandez. Kalvin Phillips. 

Thats 5 of the starting 11 last time we met, plus 2 of the subs who are out.

You will never have a better chance to win at Elland Road then Friday.

Just keep crossing the ball. We'll bury it if you don't 

Waited a day to do this.

Thought the game was basically a repeat of the one at Pride Park.

We lookes fitter, stronger, better organised and better trained. 

For the majority of the game we were 1st to every ball, 1st to every tackle, swarming all over your players winning the ball back at every opportunity, at times your players looked panic stricken.

You did have decent periods, but nothing sustained. 

The panic our pressing caused meant poor Jack Marriott was getting balls fired in his general direction with little or no chance of getting there.

Was surprised Huddlestone didnt play, is he injured? Thought having him in your midfield, someone really good on the ball, able to pick a pass and bring a bit of calmness to your midfield would have helped.

Harry Wilson was a huge loss for you obviously, the gaps we leave behind the full backs is well known and imo he would have exploited it. You didnt really, there were a few balls into the channels but JM was so isolated by the time anyone got near him he'd already been swarmed and lost the ball.

Thought Holmes was your best player, the only one who tried to pick the ball up and carry it forward, was surprised he was put at right back.

Your 2 full backs were very poor, Mason Mount is turning into a bit of a myth, hardly noticed him. Bryson tried hard tbf to him imo, just couldn't impact the game. 

Keogh did ok imo, probably the best of your back 4 but he didnt cover himself in glory for our 2nd. 

Carson at fault for goal 1 not 2 i dont think, the defenders could have done more.

Tom Lawrence had moments of inspiration but given he cost £7mil he should be doing more imo.

Did feel a bit sorry for your full backs, to often they were allowed to be 2 v 1, its no wonder as you guys said you cant stop crosses.

Thought the ref was poor for both sides, 3 penalties missed. I dont know what our goalie was doing, looked deliberate to me and thst shameful. But it seems we have a new goalie arriving on Monday so thats ok.

Credit to Frank Lampard for not blaming "spygate" after the game, i thought he might, he didnt so well done Frank.

Still like Frank, always have, but he got it wrong i think, should have played Huddlestone, should have gone 4-4-2 from the start, would have given Marriott some support and forced Adam Forshaw to sit back between the 2 cbs therefore maybe stopping your midfield getting so overrun.

Or maybe its simply Bielsa has Franks number? Some managers just cant beat others. 

Still think you will make top 6.

Need a new cb and dm imo.

Thanks for the responses on this thread?

Don’t understand why Leeds fans are so defensive when pundits are pointing out how bad that high foot from their keeper was... no one is starting their tweets with ‘in the only penalty incident of the match...’ nobody is saying Leeds didn’t have decisions go against them as well as us. They’re merely pointing out that it was an outrageous challenge. 

41 minutes ago, Cjay said:

Waited a day to do this.

For the majority of the game we were 1st to every ball, 1st to every tackle, swarming all over your players winning the ball back at every opportunity, at times your players looked panic stricken.

The panic our pressing caused meant poor Jack Marriott was getting balls fired in his general direction with little or no chance of getting there.

Was surprised Huddlestone didnt play, is he injured? Thought having him in your midfield, someone really good on the ball, able to pick a pass and bring a bit of calmness to your midfield would have helped.

Harry Wilson was a huge loss for you obviously, the gaps we leave behind the full backs is well known and imo he would have exploited it. You didnt really, there were a few balls into the channels but JM was so isolated by the time anyone got near him he'd already been swarmed and lost the ball.

Thought Holmes was your best player, the only one who tried to pick the ball up and carry it forward, was surprised he was put at right back.

Your 2 full backs were very poor, Mason Mount is turning into a bit of a myth, hardly noticed him. Bryson tried hard tbf to him imo, just couldn't impact the game. 

Keogh did ok imo, probably the best of your back 4 but he didnt cover himself in glory for our 2nd. 

Carson at fault for goal 1 not 2 i dont think, the defenders could have done more.

Tom Lawrence had moments of inspiration but given he cost £7mil he should be doing more imo.

Did feel a bit sorry for your full backs, to often they were allowed to be 2 v 1, its no wonder as you guys said you cant stop crosses.

Thought the ref was poor for both sides, 3 penalties missed. I dont know what our goalie was doing, looked deliberate to me and thst shameful. But it seems we have a new goalie arriving on Monday so thats ok.

Credit to Frank Lampard for not blaming "spygate" after the game, i thought he might, he didnt so well done Frank.

Still like Frank, always have, but he got it wrong i think, should have played Huddlestone, should have gone 4-4-2 from the start, would have given Marriott some support and forced Adam Forshaw to sit back between the 2 cbs therefore maybe stopping your midfield getting so overrun.

Or maybe its simply Bielsa has Franks number? Some managers just cant beat others. 

Most of the anger is with our performance tbh 

That and how it was that a number on here called accurately how you guys would set out to play and yet we seemed to set up to counter something completely different. 

So not the defeat or even your level of performance, but the total lack of us to give you a sterner test.

Ah well we're a work in progress- We just haven't made as much as we'd hoped.

Good luck with the rest of the season.

44 minutes ago, Cjay said:

For the majority of the game we were 1st to every ball, 1st to every tackle, 

Possibly the only bit I’d take you up on. Thought we competed and won tackles equally but the difference here was we gave it away with misplaced passes or as you said being harried off the ball by your players swarming over us. Nowhere near as slick at passing as we should be.

Other than that, probably the most balanced and insightful post I’ve read by an opposition fan.

8 hours ago, Cjay said:

Waited a day to do this.

Hi Cjay. Thanks for you balanced contributions to your thread. And thanks for crediting Frank for not using spygate a an excuse. He could justifiably have done so, because it did have an impact. The spy was only spotted on the Thursday when all our training, planning and practicing routines was almost complete. The ;players were taken off the training ground, leaving us with no chance to come up with an alternative, so all our plans to surprise you were now in the bin, It is no surprise that you knew exactly how to play, how to stop us and how to exploit our weaknesses. And it was no surprise that we went onto the pitch already beaten in our minds - hence our poor showing. It has also come to light that the same thing happened for the match at Pride Park as well, so it is also no surprise that Bielsa seems to have Frank's number.

This is in no way an excuse for losing, we lost simply because you were better than us on the day. I still don't like your diving, whinging to the ref, dirty tricks either. You didn't need them when they were conceived under Don Revie, and you still don't need them now. You are way better than that. 

Best wishes for the rest of the season, you should win the league, or at least go up automatically.

1 hour ago, DavesaRam said:

Hi Cjay. Thanks for you balanced contributions to your thread. And thanks for crediting Frank for not using spygate a an excuse. He could justifiably have done so, because it did have an impact. The spy was only spotted on the Thursday when all our training, planning and practicing routines was almost complete. The ;players were taken off the training ground, leaving us with no chance to come up with an alternative, so all our plans to surprise you were now in the bin, It is no surprise that you knew exactly how to play, how to stop us and how to exploit our weaknesses. And it was no surprise that we went onto the pitch already beaten in our minds - hence our poor showing. It has also come to light that the same thing happened for the match at Pride Park as well, so it is also no surprise that Bielsa seems to have Frank's number.

This is in no way an excuse for losing, we lost simply because you were better than us on the day. I still don't like your diving, whinging to the ref, dirty tricks either. You didn't need them when they were conceived under Don Revie, and you still don't need them now. You are way better than that. 

Best wishes for the rest of the season, you should win the league, or at least go up automatically.

I'm sorry, but this argument is plainly nonsense.

The players and staff had been through a whole hour, maybe one and a half hours of training when they were informed they'd been spied on, which probably means it was noon at the latest.

FL-

"Sorry lads, but it seems we've wasted a morning, and all our preparation has gone to waste, but nevermind there's nothing we can do about it now, unless you lads would like to have a light lunch while myself and my expensively assembled backroom team come up with a new plan?"

Players - 

"I'd love to boss, but I've got a snooker table booked at 2/ I'm meeting my mates down the bookies/ I'm picking the kids up from school, so no can do."

16 hours ago, DavesaRam said:

Thanks?

I understand how the "spy" could be disruptive but the media frenzy could have been disruptive for both sides. Frank was clearly rattled whereas Bielsa was as cool as a cucumber.

Frank had time to sort out a new plan if he wanted, but i doubt he has been thinking straight.

Tbh mate if it was the other way around and our players were already beaten in there minds before kick off because some bloke had seen them from over a fence then id be questioning there mentality, there will to win, everything.

Id be questioning Frank to, as Liverpool fans pointed out anyone can watch them at Melwood, doesnt seem to have bothered Liverpool down the years.

While i understand why it has upset some people if thats all it takes to upset Frank Lampard then maybe he isnt cut out for management.

Far to rattled, when a a manager is rattled it radiates down through the players. Frank could have used it to galvanise the players, he didnt.

Thanks for the response, just got to hope this is our year?

I suspect frank is rattled at the moment.

snapping is usually a sign of stress.

we've had a series of mixed results and i suspect we are missing out on transfer targets due to the finances being buggered.

21 minutes ago, RamNut said:

I suspect frank is rattled at the moment.

snapping is usually a sign of stress.

we've had a series of mixed results and i suspect we are missing out on transfer targets due to the finances being buggered.

What with Spygate and all, should that last bit read “due to telephones being bugged”?

2 hours ago, Cjay said:

While i understand why it has upset some people if thats all it takes to upset Frank Lampard then maybe he isnt cut out for management.

It is cheating, and not done in this country.  Don't even roll out that he is cultrally use to carry out cheating, it doesn't wash. Cross the road, not with a crossing, wull get you locked up in some countries, and saying you are British and do it in your country and people are fine with it, won't get you off the fine.

Brian Clough called it right back then, seems like little has changed.

You didn't rattle us. We are blowing hot and cold, and for most of the last five games, definatly more cold.  You where the better team, you got 2 soft goals.

8 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

It is cheating, and not done in this country.  Don't even roll out that he is cultrally use to carry out cheating, it doesn't wash. Cross the road, not with a crossing, wull get you locked up in some countries, and saying you are British and do it in your country and people are fine with it, won't get you off the fine.

Brian Clough called it right back then, seems like little has changed.

You didn't rattle us. We are blowing hot and cold, and for most of the last five games, definatly more cold.  You where the better team, you got 2 soft goals.

But it has been done in this country as plenty of players have said, your own manager has benefited from the exact same practice. 

Ferguson used to do it as did Jose, Fergie had a helicopter spy on Manchester City.

I dont care what Brian Clough said tbh mate, i wasnt born. 

We shall agree to disagree on that last point, all about opinions. 

Good luck for the rest of the season. 

3 minutes ago, Cjay said:

But it has been done in this country as plenty of players have said, your own manager has benefited from the exact same practice. 

And it should be punished, don't care who you are, and if Frank knew about the spying at Chelsea, he is a hypocrite and he has to live with that.

Your lot cheated, even sending the guy in tooled up.  If I found out the Derby carried out these I would not be defendig them, like some of the muppets on social media are.  I would be embarassed to be supporter, and I would expect the FA to punish the club.

2 hours ago, Cjay said:

Thanks?

I understand how the "spy" could be disruptive but the media frenzy could have been disruptive for both sides. Frank was clearly rattled whereas Bielsa was as cool as a cucumber.

Frank had time to sort out a new plan if he wanted, but i doubt he has been thinking straight.

Tbh mate if it was the other way around and our players were already beaten in there minds before kick off because some bloke had seen them from over a fence then id be questioning there mentality, there will to win, everything.

Id be questioning Frank to, as Liverpool fans pointed out anyone can watch them at Melwood, doesnt seem to have bothered Liverpool down the years.

Far to rattled, when a a manager is rattled it radiates down through the players. Frank could have used it to galvanise the players, he didnt.

Thanks for the response, just got to hope this is our year?

I agree that we shouldn't have been rattled, but disagree about him having time to come up with something else. The incident cracked off right at the end of the Thursday training session, which was cut short. From there it would be off to the team coach to travel up to Leeds, so if they had been working on new corner and free-kick routines, which everybody does, then there simply wouldn't be time to practice anything else. The best he could do is present his ideas verbally. But no time to try them out, and definitely not to perfect anything.

We already knew that it was going to be a tough match, but to go out onto the ;pitch knowing that your opponents knew everything about how you were going to play, including all the new, "top secret" ideas we could surprise you with, then it can be  demoralising. On top of that, we know we haven't been playing at our best for a few weeks, despite the fairly good results against the top 6 teams we've been playing recently. It shouldn't have happened, but our players obviously let their heads go down. They shouldn't have, but it happens from time to time to most players.

Even so, you were still the better side, and probably would have won anyway.

Once again, best wishes for the rest of the season.

20 hours ago, McRamFan said:

And it should be punished, don't care who you are, and if Frank knew about the spying at Chelsea, he is a hypocrite and he has to live with that.

Your lot cheated, even sending the guy in tooled up.  If I found out the Derby carried out these I would not be defendig them, like some of the muppets on social media are.  I would be embarassed to be supporter, and I would expect the FA to punish the club.

That bit is my main issue.

I dont believe a man as high up the footballing ladder as Frank wouldn't have known.

Its public knowledge.

So for him to accuse Bielsa of "cheating" when he himself has knowingly cheated to gain an advantage is total hypocrisy.

Every time he scored a penalty someone dived for, everytime he stayed down a little longer to get someone booked, when Jose snuck into the Chelsea dressing room to deliver a message, Frank knew that was illegal. 

If you are going to call someone a cheat then he should be willing to acknowledge his own integrity issues.

Lampard is no saint, so to have the front to call Bielsa a cheat and question his integrity when Frank was part of a group of Chelsea players who mocked grieving 9/11 relatives weeks after the event is laughable.

The way Lampard is portrayed as this saint "good old Frank".

Rubbish, he himself has cheated illegally  (something Bielsa hasnt, theres no law broken here).

He has mocked grieving relatives.

If your going to question someone elses integrity you better be squeaky clean.

Lampard isnt.

My main issue is Lampard and the way the media have jumped to his defence.

Derby fans being upset i get.

Lampard taking the moral high ground, pull the other one.

Archived