4th round draw - Accrington Stanley (A)

Mafiabob

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Great draw, when was the last time we played them?!

Believe the last time was in the 1956/7 season, March 16th 57, home at the Baseball Ground, 2-2 draw, with Paddy Ryan and Albert Mays scoring.

The record book reminds me I was amongst the 24,472 attendees as we headed for the Third Division title, losing just once in the final 13 games, dropping just 6 points, scoring 33 goals and conceding 11, and finishing with a season's  total of 111 goals.

14 minutes ago, Dordogne-Ram said:

Believe the last time was in the 1956/7 season, March 16th 57, home at the Baseball Ground, 2-2 draw, with Paddy Ryan and Albert Mays scoring.

The record book reminds me I was amongst the 24,472 attendees as we headed for the Third Division title, losing just once in the final 13 games, dropping just 6 points, scoring 33 goals and conceding 11, and finishing with a season's  total of 111 goals.

Was all Grandpa Keoghs fault.....?

10 minutes ago, irobinson said:

Ffs so much for getting a glamour London  tie where 6000 of us could have got pissed and had a good day out 

Must be a new type of shandy.

1 hour ago, Simon Bradley said:

Accrington

1 hour ago, RamontheMoor said:

Accrington Stanley...who are they ??

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

Accrington Stanley? Who are they?

1 hour ago, JoetheRam said:

Who are they?

1 hour ago, Remy the hare said:

But who are they?

Is there an echo in here?

9 hours ago, Grimbeard said:

Them Accies supporters must be raite fed up with all this "who are they" type cobblers.

Oh I don't know.  It's lighthearted banter.  I suspect some may even revel in their "fame".

Hopefully we get through, and our fans spend the whole 90 mins singing "Who are yer, who are yer"!!  :-)

Anyway, It's gotta be better than:

Fo*est - "Living in the past".

Liverpool - "Bin-Dippers" (Amongst many other things!).

Manure - "All hail from That London".

Norwich - "Illiterate, but excellent operators of farm machinery".

Millwall - "For being Millwall".

DYS - "For being Dirty Yorkshire Scum".

Anon - "Worst team in history".

10 hours ago, Grimbeard said:

Them Accies supporters must be raite fed up with all this "who are they" type cobblers.

The irony is that pretty much everyone, in this country at least, knows who they are. It's like they're famous for not being famous. I think we have Accy to blame for the Kardashians, Kylie jenner and all that poo - they all based their 'business model' on Accy it would seem. 

Archived