Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
AmericanRam

Coaching

Recommended Posts

Have agreed to coach a youth soccer team this upcoming Spring.My friend runs the league and asked me to coach one of the teams.Colors will be orange and black and called the Falcons and age level is co-ed 7-8 year olds👍

I've coached other sports but never soccer.Anybody else coached youth soccer before? If so,any drills or good tips would be good to know.

Looking forward to it and yes I am saying soccer as I'm a Yank👍

Share this post


Link to post

Keep the kids interested and involved at all times by ensuring they have a ball at their feet. If you have never coached football before ensure you are prepared before every session, at that age they are there to learn and have fun, and final tip...beware of the parents

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, AmericanRam said:

any drills or good tips would be good to know.

Running round cones is a good one, seen it a few times when the club show snippets of the players training.

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, AmericanRam said:

Have agreed to coach a youth soccer team this upcoming Spring.My friend runs the league and asked me to coach one of the teams.Colors will be orange and black and called the Falcons and age level is co-ed 7-8 year olds👍

I've coached other sports but never soccer.Anybody else coached youth soccer before? If so,any drills or good tips would be good to know.

Looking forward to it and yes I am saying soccer as I'm a Yank👍

All you need is some big heavy boots and Heartbreak Hill from that Steve Austin Skull Ranch thing for the lads to run up and down.......

 

theyll soon realise why the English are not particularly feared as a skilful opponent.....😂

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, AmericanRam said:

Thanks for the tips gents. I'm nervous but excited at the same time. Will be a fun and rewarding experience I am sure. Actually just went ahead this morning and designed my team's jersey's.👍 😀  03e80626965dec5edd1b4a8707c2009a_front.jpg.e48261fb3e6a239af3d999c2e83f62d3.jpg

You fell at the first mate...........that's not a jersey.

 

THIS is a jersey.............😄

5210A-FRONT-1500_2048x.jpg?v=1527149487

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, AmericanRam said:

Thanks for the tips gents. I'm nervous but excited at the same time. Will be a fun and rewarding experience I am sure. Actually just went ahead this morning and designed my team's jersey's.👍 😀  03e80626965dec5edd1b4a8707c2009a_front.jpg.e48261fb3e6a239af3d999c2e83f62d3.jpg

OK, Lets clear this up at it's inception, and not 40 years down the line...

 

That's an eye, right?  Just a single eye?  Nothing else.  Yes?

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

OK, Lets clear this up at it's inception, and not 40 years down the line...

 

That's an eye, right?  Just a single eye?  Nothing else.  Yes?

Burton, what do you think?

Share this post


Link to post

Anything i've seen of 'Soccer' in films or in the MLS, all you need to do is throw a ball on the pitch and let them all run after it. This will basically make you Bob Bradley.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.