Sign in to follow this  
AmericanRam

Coaching

Have agreed to coach a youth soccer team this upcoming Spring.My friend runs the league and asked me to coach one of the teams.Colors will be orange and black and called the Falcons and age level is co-ed 7-8 year olds👍

I've coached other sports but never soccer.Anybody else coached youth soccer before? If so,any drills or good tips would be good to know.

Looking forward to it and yes I am saying soccer as I'm a Yank👍

Keep the kids interested and involved at all times by ensuring they have a ball at their feet. If you have never coached football before ensure you are prepared before every session, at that age they are there to learn and have fun, and final tip...beware of the parents

10 hours ago, AmericanRam said:

any drills or good tips would be good to know.

Running round cones is a good one, seen it a few times when the club show snippets of the players training.

18 hours ago, AmericanRam said:

Have agreed to coach a youth soccer team this upcoming Spring.My friend runs the league and asked me to coach one of the teams.Colors will be orange and black and called the Falcons and age level is co-ed 7-8 year olds👍

I've coached other sports but never soccer.Anybody else coached youth soccer before? If so,any drills or good tips would be good to know.

Looking forward to it and yes I am saying soccer as I'm a Yank👍

All you need is some big heavy boots and Heartbreak Hill from that Steve Austin Skull Ranch thing for the lads to run up and down.......

theyll soon realise why the English are not particularly feared as a skilful opponent.....😂

1 minute ago, AmericanRam said:

Thanks for the tips gents. I'm nervous but excited at the same time. Will be a fun and rewarding experience I am sure. Actually just went ahead this morning and designed my team's jersey's.👍 😀  03e80626965dec5edd1b4a8707c2009a_front.jpg.e48261fb3e6a239af3d999c2e83f62d3.jpg

You fell at the first mate...........that's not a jersey.

THIS is a jersey.............😄

5210A-FRONT-1500_2048x.jpg?v=1527149487

25 minutes ago, AmericanRam said:

Thanks for the tips gents. I'm nervous but excited at the same time. Will be a fun and rewarding experience I am sure. Actually just went ahead this morning and designed my team's jersey's.👍 😀  03e80626965dec5edd1b4a8707c2009a_front.jpg.e48261fb3e6a239af3d999c2e83f62d3.jpg

OK, Lets clear this up at it's inception, and not 40 years down the line...

That's an eye, right?  Just a single eye?  Nothing else.  Yes?

6 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

OK, Lets clear this up at it's inception, and not 40 years down the line...

That's an eye, right?  Just a single eye?  Nothing else.  Yes?

Burton, what do you think?

Anything i've seen of 'Soccer' in films or in the MLS, all you need to do is throw a ball on the pitch and let them all run after it. This will basically make you Bob Bradley.