Coaching

AmericanRam

Have agreed to coach a youth soccer team this upcoming Spring.My friend runs the league and asked me to coach one of the teams.Colors will be orange and black and called the Falcons and age level is co-ed 7-8 year olds?

I've coached other sports but never soccer.Anybody else coached youth soccer before? If so,any drills or good tips would be good to know.

Looking forward to it and yes I am saying soccer as I'm a Yank?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keep the kids interested and involved at all times by ensuring they have a ball at their feet. If you have never coached football before ensure you are prepared before every session, at that age they are there to learn and have fun, and final tip...beware of the parents

18 hours ago, AmericanRam said:

Have agreed to coach a youth soccer team this upcoming Spring.My friend runs the league and asked me to coach one of the teams.Colors will be orange and black and called the Falcons and age level is co-ed 7-8 year olds?

I've coached other sports but never soccer.Anybody else coached youth soccer before? If so,any drills or good tips would be good to know.

Looking forward to it and yes I am saying soccer as I'm a Yank?

All you need is some big heavy boots and Heartbreak Hill from that Steve Austin Skull Ranch thing for the lads to run up and down.......

theyll soon realise why the English are not particularly feared as a skilful opponent.....?

25 minutes ago, AmericanRam said:

Thanks for the tips gents. I'm nervous but excited at the same time. Will be a fun and rewarding experience I am sure. Actually just went ahead this morning and designed my team's jersey's.? ?  03e80626965dec5edd1b4a8707c2009a_front.jpg.e48261fb3e6a239af3d999c2e83f62d3.jpg

OK, Lets clear this up at it's inception, and not 40 years down the line...

That's an eye, right?  Just a single eye?  Nothing else.  Yes?

15 minutes ago, Smyth_18 said:

Anything i've seen of 'Soccer' in films or in the MLS, all you need to do is throw a ball on the pitch and let them all run after it. This will basically make you Bob Bradley.

And shout Let's Go all the time

On 11/01/2019 at 14:45, AmericanRam said:

Thanks for the tips gents. I'm nervous but excited at the same time. Will be a fun and rewarding experience I am sure. Actually just went ahead this morning and designed my team's jersey's.? ?  03e80626965dec5edd1b4a8707c2009a_front.jpg.e48261fb3e6a239af3d999c2e83f62d3.jpg

Never heard of your shirt sponsor "1". What do they do?

Archived