The Replay

rammieib

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, angieram said:

Derby have confirmed it will be on the Wednesday, meaning I can go. Brilliant!

Sorry, BurtonRam - one of us was going to be disappointed either way.

Haha?You are one of very few people I'd let take the mick out of me for not being able to attend an away game!

I dream that one day we'll win the FA Cup and that I'll be able to say I went to every game along the way. 

Oh, and I can just see it now. We'll beat Southampton and first dibs for Accrington away tickets will go to those who made it down to the South Coast! Punished for being a half-fan/having an exam the next day!

3 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Haha?You are one of very few people I'd let take the mick out of me for not being able to attend an away game!

I dream that one day we'll win the FA Cup and that I'll be able to say I went to every game along the way. 

Oh, and I can just see it now. We'll beat Southampton and first dibs for Accrington away tickets will go to those who made it down to the South Coast! Punished for being a half-fan/having an exam the next day!

I admire your professionalism. I've got three meetings the next day, which I will be sleep-walking through.

I'll give the lads a cheer from you.

6 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Couldn't you just ring the exam board and get the date changed?

Afterall, once you have stopped sponging, and start working, B4 will be suggesting you just change your shifts, so this would be good practice.

Go on... call 'em... they can only say no!

Really tempted to go after seeing the prices ?

Ticket prices are as follows:

Adults (Season Ticket Holders): £10
Adults (Non-Season Ticket Holders): £12
Seniors (65+): £8
Under 22s (18-21): £8
Under 18s (11-17)*: £5
Under 11s (2-10)*: £5

Further info at: https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2019/01/ticket-information-confirmed-for-fa-cup-replay-against-southampton

1 minute ago, B4ev6is said:

To the person what time does exam start.

I haven’t checked but it doesn’t really matter. There are no trains back to Manchester on the night and the Roadrider would only take me to Derby, meaning I’d have to stay overnight in Burton and get the train up to uni on about 3 hours worth of sleep. If it was a commitment that didn’t require much brain capacity I’d go in a heartbeat, but I really want to do well in the exam.

Rest assured, I will feel guilty watching it from my armchair and will have mixed feelings if we score. I hope you enjoy it mate.

2 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

I haven’t checked but it doesn’t really matter. There are no trains back to Manchester on the night and the Roadrider would only take me to Derby, meaning I’d have to stay overnight in Burton and get the train up to uni on about 3 hours worth of sleep. If it was a commitment that didn’t require much brain capacity I’d go in a heartbeat, but I really want to do well in the exam.

Rest assured, I will feel guilty watching it from my armchair and will have mixed feelings if we score. I hope you enjoy it mate.

Watch out for my BurtonRam half-fan poster on the TV

3 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Well if your exam in the morning you can still do it.

At least that way you could do some studying while traveling up there simples.

32 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

such a half-fan mate. you should pitch a tent outside the airport after the game and grab a flight to manchester in the morning...

image.thumb.png.7295beab382cfd340faef09a180fded4.png

36 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I got work next day but still going

Mate, if I had work the next day I’d go - that’s something that I could get through and it’s only one out of many identical working days.

I have two exams in the next two weeks, one of which is the day after the game. It’s not a case of not being able to revise - I’ve done plenty of that already. For the exam, I need to be able to perform to my peak, but instead I’d be on about 4 hours worth of sleep with a cider-addled brain. I would perform terribly.

Trust me, I’m absolutely gutted not to be going. I simply don’t enjoy watching us on TV anymore because it means I’m missing out on my favourite thing in life. Try and bring back the win so I can join you at Accrington.

P.S. I’ll be there on Friday.

5 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Mate, if I had work the next day I’d go - that’s something that I could get through and it’s only one out of many identical working days.

I have two exams in the next two weeks, one of which is the day after the game. It’s not a case of not being able to revise - I’ve done plenty of that already. For the exam, I need to be able to perform to my peak, but instead I’d be on about 4 hours worth of sleep with a cider-addled brain. I would perform terribly.

Trust me, I’m absolutely gutted not to be going. I simply don’t enjoy watching us on TV anymore because it means I’m missing out on my favourite thing in life. Try and bring back the win so I can join you at Accrington.

P.S. I’ll be there on Friday.

I get that mate

But u find more stress about it will make perform when I use to take I knew it until I went Into the room my mind use go blank.

But good luck.

Archived