Marriott the ultimate clone

MackworthRamIsGod

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, StivePesley said:

Yes - he reminds me of some of our all time greats

In particular, the last kick of the game yesterday from him when staring at the  open goal was PURE Conor Sammon

Never in all of his games for us did Sammon strike a ball well enough for it to go that high.

At his peak and with his best connection the ball would just be arriving at the goal line in the next hour or so. 

I think we should prepare ourselves for a January bid for him. Has scored against multiple Premier League clubs already and is an absolutely deadly finisher. I’d argue he is better than the first choice striker of 4-6 clubs in the top flight. It may sounds premature but it wouldn’t surprise me one bit.

When Marriott receives the ball he is one of only a handful of Derby players I have seen who immediately tries to figure out the most direct way to goal. This is not only through his finishing, but his crossing and the timing of passes which are always forward and direct. The question mark is over his general technique, which is raw and often rushed. This makes me think that he will be an "Earnshaw" - an elite Championship player but a poor Premier League one.  

I’ve started thinking to myself while watching numerous players dilly dally on the ball in front of goal “Marriott would have hit that first time”

He’s admitted he likes to do this on Ramstv , and if he passes he ”secret” to the dressing room then we may have a better goal difference.

18 minutes ago, Boycie said:

I’ve started thinking to myself while watching numerous players dilly dally on the ball in front of goal “Marriott would have hit that first time”

He’s admitted he likes to do this on Ramstv , and if he passes he ”secret” to the dressing room then we may have a better goal difference.

It's strange, there was a couple of times I thought he should've hit it earlier. 

On 06/01/2019 at 15:40, Boycie said:

Damn!

I was going to post that if someone replied saying I was talking like a fool.

?

Ok, Ok... I'll do it...

As if anyone would ever post anything like that in response to one of your posts, Boycie!  Never gonna happen!

Archived