Sign in to follow this  
reveldevil

Vs Leeds away. (Matchday thread).

58 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Sometimes you just have to hold your hands up and accept when you’ve been out though and out fought in all departments. 

Bielsa is a master, there’s no two ways about it. Tactically, he’s got Franks card marked in every single way. He knows exactly how to play against our team.

exploit our vulnerable wingbacks, harass us in numbers and suffocate us every time we play from the back. He knew we would panic and absolutely honed in on it, we looked absolutely terrified for the entire 90 minutes 

dudes a genius 

People said the same of the Fulham manager last season, he's since been sacked.

To be frank (!) it isn't rocket science to work out how we will play and our weaknesses. Biesla has a pedigree & I'm not going to say he's not a good manager, but he's one of many managers who have got it right against us this season.

Our backs are vulnerable, because they don't get cover on the flanks from our midfielders, who generally prefer to be attacking. It's also arguable that our backs are not good enough defenders anyway.

What midfield cover do Mount, Lawrence, Josefzoon or Wilson provide?

1 hour ago, Derbados said:

Sometimes you just have to hold your hands up and accept when you’ve been out though and out fought in all departments. 

Bielsa is a master, there’s no two ways about it. Tactically, he’s got Franks card marked in every single way. He knows exactly how to play against our team.

exploit our vulnerable wingbacks, harass us in numbers and suffocate us every time we play from the back. He knew we would panic and absolutely honed in on it, we looked absolutely terrified for the entire 90 minutes 

dudes a genius 

In which case most Derby fans are geniuses too because I think most of us have known for the last 3 or 4 months that all of our problems are coming from our full backs.

We were poor, unsettled and seemingly not a calm composed head there. I think Huddlestone would have helped and I can't help but feel Bryson kept missing the party. Much work to do.

Regarding the boot to the face on Holmes. Disgusting deliberate action. Now I don't condone Bradleys biting, but that was far more dangerous than a little through the shirt nibble could ever be.

I hate football these days.

5 minutes ago, BondJovi said:

We were poor, unsettled and seemingly not a calm composed head there. I think Huddlestone would have helped and I can't help but feel Bryson kept missing the party. Much work to do.

Regarding the boot to the face on Holmes. Disgusting deliberate action. Now I don't condone Bradleys biting, but that was far more dangerous than a little through the shirt nibble could ever be.

I hate football these days.

What are the chances of anything happening to Peacock-Farrell? Sky picked up on his trangression but the written press seems to have ignored it.

17 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

What we need now is not having 4 of the top 5 in the next 4 games.

Leeds were excellent and clearly highly motivated after 3 losses and a couple returning after injury. They may have won this one, but you can see the spy scandal is going to cause them problems going forward. It clearly seems to have disrupted us too.

We were poor but little point everyone picking a player and saying how awful they were. 6th at this point is decent going and most the best teams done with.

If you haven't realised that our young side is rather inconsistent then you are a little dense. The positive though is we've shown plenty of times this season we can be very good. If Frank can get more of that, and a little less of tonight, we'll be able to try our luck in the playoffs again.

Why is the spy scandal going to cause them problems going forward ?

51 minutes ago, bigbadbob said:

Why is the spy scandal going to cause them problems going forward ?

Points could be docked, which is probably why their owner was quick to apologise. Their goalkeeper should also be suspended for dangerous play.

I didn’t think Leeds could improve on that 4-1 drubbing they gave us, last night they did, they were better than us everywhere, tactically, physically, and mentally 

5 hours ago, coneheadjohn said:

It was a straight red as the keeper looked at Holmes before he kicked him.

To balance it though(despite the fact we were awful) they should have had 2 penalties,Wisdom was close to going and even if they had to play with 10 outfield players and no keeper we wouldn’t have scored.

What happened re your drugs search,if you don’t mind me asking?

I still haven't looked at any match footage - don't think I will bother! On the first penalty appeal the linesman had his flag up for offside straight away and I totally agreed with him in real time. I understand the player wasn't offside but that was a really difficult one to get right in real time.

It wasn’t me with the drug search, it was B4. There was a sniffer dog and he wouldn't leave B4 alone - he was therefore taken aside for a thorough search. It looked pretty intrusive , I was in the queue for the female body search at the time ( that was also totally over the top, hence the queue).

Afterwards chatting with him and his dad he said you start to worry if someone has planted something as you're standing there. Anyway, all was well eventually and they both got into the game.

1 minute ago, RamNut said:

.....and i thought those sniffer dogs were meant to be foolproof.

perhaps they thought he'd got a bonio on him.

image.thumb.jpeg.9790a36c441208899cd94de6eb7dc102.jpeg

Well,  I know the family own a dog but as you say, they shouldn't react to that.

The dog was sniffing around B4's foot, maybe something to do with the medication he uses for his bad feet. Who knows? 

2 hours ago, Harrowram said:

What are the chances of anything happening to Peacock-Farrell? Sky picked up on his trangression but the written press seems to have ignored it.

None. Can you just imagine the press if it had been Carson?