Vs Leeds away. (Matchday thread).

Rev

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Chester40 said:

Really reminded me of the Ashes Test where we went in with hope more than belief and Harmison sent the first ball shovelling down to third slip and we  just immediately deflated.  

Watching Wisdom awkwardly try and side foot the ball whilst Leeds swarmed all over him; then clumsily try and rectify the situation seemed equally symbolic. Slow, half hearted, lacking in confidence and commitment... 1min in and we were already on the back foot.

Fresh start tomorrow.  Game consigned to mental history. 

We aren't a million miles away. Next game is massive. 

I’m afraid that looking at last night, amongst other games, we ARE a million miles away ?

1 minute ago, B4ev6is said:

I think formation was the probleam last night. 443 leaves to exposed but 352 would been better could have had Marriott and waghorn up front togather and Holmes sitting just behind them feeding them through balls to them.

You don't want 352 v wingers mate, thats what happened v villa. Three goals conceded in 10 minutes?

1 hour ago, TimRam said:

Did we miss Wilson? Even a freekick from him could have resulted in a goal. Possible game changer.

Harry wilson makes us tick.

8 hours ago, TimRam said:

Did we miss Wilson? Even a freekick from him could have resulted in a goal. Possible game changer.

We didn't get near enough to their goal to win a dangerous free kick. Our forward players were isolated and we played too deep giving their back 4 at least 40% of the pitch to play it around to each other.

12 hours ago, RamNut said:

One thing we might take from the game is their tactic at corners.

they either had no players in the 6yd box or just one (roofe)

the other players - 5 or 6 of them - charged in from the edge of the box attacking the ball that was dropped into the 6yd box.

very difficult to defend.

no idea how many goals they have scored off corners but it looked dangerous.

Fair point but most teams have a keeper who will come off his line and catch the ball.

11 hours ago, Roboram said:

I’m afraid that looking at last night, amongst other games, we ARE a million miles away ?

That would be correct if the Leeds performance was typical.... sadly we are inconsistent. But results like Norwich away show we can do much better.

17 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

What a bizarre week. First we have a spy at the training ground and now B4 is a suspected drugs mule. You just couldn't make it up. Thankfully it was all a big mix up with B4. He was just telling his dad that @angieram was his heroine and the police completely misunderstood the situation. 

........then we all had to suffer Ramspotting 2 on the grass........Choose DCFC and watch history repeating itself.

22 hours ago, reveldevil said:

Friday night games really put a downer on the whole weekend, if the performance/result is like last night's.

For some reason this one feels extra bad, and I can't explain why.

I haven't felt so low about a result since the play off final, which I know is stupid.

Hey, I know exactly what you mean @reveldevil Strange how much we invest emotionally into our teams. You’ll be “rayt” in a couple of days just in time for the Southampton replay. Then who knows - Madame football will be off again with her Wiley Ways...hope you feel better soon. ? #Ramkindtogetheragaingstthecheatin’Leefsbastuds

23 hours ago, DavesaRam said:

I am pretty sure that the spygate thing did affect us. I don't know what time of day it was when the guy was spotted, or what time and how long the training sessions last, but I know that the players were all taken off the training ground as the police arrived.

But if it was towards the end of training, then all of Frank and the teams training, and all the practicing of routines went in the bin, with no time at all to come up with alternatives. I would find that pretty demoralising. It is no surprise that Leeds had an answer for everything we tried to do, and knew exactly what to do to stop us from playing. It might have been better psychologically if we hadn't have found out what they were up to, then we wouldn't have gone into the match with our heads already drooping down.

In addition Frank said in his pre-match interviews about the spying that another guy was caught sneaking around the training ground for the Pride Park match at the start of the season. Bielsa has admitted to doing it, so it is definitely worth doing, and may be a reason why they are seemingly so far ahead of any other team in the Championship, apart from a couple of "off" games just recently.

I don't think it would have changed the result last night, (or the home match result) because Leeds played really well. However, without the issue, we would more likely have made a fight of it and given them a game.

AS  said earlier i this thread, I would hope for sever censure for what they have been doing, as well as a huge ban for their keeper, but I doubt whether either will happen because (a) it is Leeds United and (b) it isn't Derby County. ?

I don't think the spy farce is an excuse for players not putting up a fight. If anything, it should have fired them up. Too many Rams players hide when the opposition get at them. It's a familiar theme over the past few seasons. 

17 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

I keep saying this, but when’s the cut off point for the league to announce retrospective action? If that boot to Holmes by the keeper goes unpunished then its disgraceful 

It looks like they’ve turned a blind eye to it, a bit like Holmes almost did. 

Archived