Vs Leeds away. (Matchday thread).

Rev

7 minutes ago, RamNut said:

He'd also have been less mobile than Stephen Hawking

Huddlestones composure and speed of decision making more than makes up for his lack of pace. He’s multiple classes above Evans and frankly the rest of our midfield too. Only one with any control, rest are headless chickens

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Huddlestones composure and speed of decision making more than makes up for his lack of pace. He’s multiple classes above Evans and frankly the rest of our midfield too. Only one with any control, rest are headless chickens

He'd have been clobbered. No-one got more than a milli-second on the ball. It needed fast, quick thinkers. Not Tom's game.

And lets not pretend he would have tackled anyone.

Just now, Paul71 said:

As the ref took no action with the challenge by the keeper on holmes i think the league could charge him with dangerous play.

Damning evidence looking at holmes before putting his boot in. Has to be dealt with surely. 

Especially if Johnson was charged for a non bite.

Agree with you completely. Although Johnson did bite, and did deserve the ban, I am amazed that nothing was said or done about the bite mark on Johnson's neck which probably provoked the response.

However, there is very little chance of anything being done against the Leeds keeper, on the basis that he doesn't play for Derby County.

14 minutes ago, RamNut said:

He'd also have been less mobile than Stephen Hawking

Well, you can have headless chickens like Bryson and Evans running around and achieving nothing or you can have a proper footballer who can find his teammates with a pass and can hold a position - something none of his colleagues managed over 90 minutes, including Carson.

Just now, RamNut said:

He'd have been clobbered. No-one got more than a milli-second on the ball. It need fast, quick thinkers. Not Tom's game.

And lets not pretend he would have tackled anyone.

But he makes time on the ball. That’s exactly what we need him for. What you’re saying is exactly why we need tom, and is exactly toms game. He has the uncanny knack of getting the ball, knowing where the opposition is and managing to create space to play the ball. That’s one of the reasons he’s so brilliant. His awareness and speed of thought allows him to create space and play the ball without barely a seconds thought.

Granted the second point he’d have struggled with, but it’s not like Evans won anything without fouling so he couldn’t have been any worse in that department 

3 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Well, you can have headless chickens like Bryson and Evans running around and achieving nothing or you can have a proper footballer who can find his teammates with a pass and can hold a position - something none of his colleagues managed over 90 minutes, including Carson.

If running makes you a headless chicken, then Leeds had at least 8 headless chickens out there.

Sometimes you just have to hold your hands up and accept when you’ve been out though and out fought in all departments. 

Bielsa is a master, there’s no two ways about it. Tactically, he’s got Franks card marked in every single way. He knows exactly how to play against our team.

exploit our vulnerable wingbacks, harass us in numbers and suffocate us every time we play from the back. He knew we would panic and absolutely honed in on it, we looked absolutely terrified for the entire 90 minutes 

dudes a genius 

Im trying to understand what makes Bielsa such a master.

Some of the analyses from folks at the game and watching- all of which I respect greatly as i did neither- are pointing out very rudimentary things.

I watched Frank saying we are going to Elland Road with belief and confidence. 

That seems utterly wrong from what's been written about the game here.

I have no answers. Just nonplussed by it all really....?

39 minutes ago, RamNut said:

If running makes you a headless chicken, then Leeds had at least 8 headless chickens out there.

Never said Leeds players were headless chickens.

Only talking about players eligible to start for Derby. Tom is one of those but we apparently didn’t need his skills because good old earnest endeavour was going to win the day.

28 minutes ago, TimRam said:

That opening few minutes said it all really. We could not get the ball off them!

They started at a high tempo with absolute belief in the way they were playing.You could see the confidence draining away from us. They played well but we gifted them two goals. Otherwise they didn't actually have many attempts on target. There was no coherence about our play and no leadership on the pitch.

58 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Sometimes you just have to hold your hands up and accept when you’ve been out though and out fought in all departments. 

Bielsa is a master, there’s no two ways about it. Tactically, he’s got Franks card marked in every single way. He knows exactly how to play against our team.

exploit our vulnerable wingbacks, harass us in numbers and suffocate us every time we play from the back. He knew we would panic and absolutely honed in on it, we looked absolutely terrified for the entire 90 minutes 

dudes a genius 

People said the same of the Fulham manager last season, he's since been sacked.

To be frank (!) it isn't rocket science to work out how we will play and our weaknesses. Biesla has a pedigree & I'm not going to say he's not a good manager, but he's one of many managers who have got it right against us this season.

Our backs are vulnerable, because they don't get cover on the flanks from our midfielders, who generally prefer to be attacking. It's also arguable that our backs are not good enough defenders anyway.

What midfield cover do Mount, Lawrence, Josefzoon or Wilson provide?

1 hour ago, Derbados said:

dudes a genius 

In which case most Derby fans are geniuses too because I think most of us have known for the last 3 or 4 months that all of our problems are coming from our full backs.

We were poor, unsettled and seemingly not a calm composed head there. I think Huddlestone would have helped and I can't help but feel Bryson kept missing the party. Much work to do.

Regarding the boot to the face on Holmes. Disgusting deliberate action. Now I don't condone Bradleys biting, but that was far more dangerous than a little through the shirt nibble could ever be.

I hate football these days.

5 minutes ago, BondJovi said:

We were poor, unsettled and seemingly not a calm composed head there. I think Huddlestone would have helped and I can't help but feel Bryson kept missing the party. Much work to do.

Regarding the boot to the face on Holmes. Disgusting deliberate action. Now I don't condone Bradleys biting, but that was far more dangerous than a little through the shirt nibble could ever be.

I hate football these days.

What are the chances of anything happening to Peacock-Farrell? Sky picked up on his trangression but the written press seems to have ignored it.

17 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

What we need now is not having 4 of the top 5 in the next 4 games.

Leeds were excellent and clearly highly motivated after 3 losses and a couple returning after injury. They may have won this one, but you can see the spy scandal is going to cause them problems going forward. It clearly seems to have disrupted us too.

We were poor but little point everyone picking a player and saying how awful they were. 6th at this point is decent going and most the best teams done with.

If you haven't realised that our young side is rather inconsistent then you are a little dense. The positive though is we've shown plenty of times this season we can be very good. If Frank can get more of that, and a little less of tonight, we'll be able to try our luck in the playoffs again.

Why is the spy scandal going to cause them problems going forward ?

Archived