Vs Leeds away. (Matchday thread).

Rev

4 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

It was totally glossed over and ignored. Technically definitely a sending off and a penalty. Bizarrely the “referee” gave a drop ball 15 yards further back! and instructed Nugent to roll it back to the keeper.

The keeper had gathered the ball but then once the ball was secured totally needlessly raised his right leg up to Holmes’ face and his studs were drawn down Holmes’s face. 

Another example of a very poor piece of refereeing that happens all too often. 

Expect a 5 game ban for Holmes for simulation

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, angieram said:

Thanks. I just wondered why it isn't being mentioned. BBC too busy commenting on the spygate thingy and the penalty Leeds should have had. Obviously, can't spotlight too much controversy in one match.

I take it that we were already a well beaten side by then but it looked a bad one to me.

It was and my shouting at the TV didn’t change a thing. I felt completely frustrated and helpless all night. I hate watching games on TV.

Some of our tackles were piss poor. More of ours than theirs. They should have had a penalty too.

Waghorn's tackle at the end was bad. Lawrence got away with 2 or 3. Bryson, Holmes and Evans all with "clever" tackles. 

And I saw someone say something about Cooper pulling shirts on corners. Did you see us? And Ayling didn't complain I don't think. 

In fact I don't think they complained much at all. 

As for players going down easy or Alioski making a meal of a tackle... Harry Wilson! He's a right cheat!! 

We still need the balance. When Wilson is not in the team, we need one of Holmes, Mount or Lawrence to be creative. I don’t think Holmes is good enough to do it - Lawrence is very hit and miss, and Mount has been off form for a while now - so we had no creators in the team. This is largely just poor luck and poor form - which will change. 

What worries me more is we have no destructive element to our team. Johnson is the closest thing we have - and can’t make the 11. This is the next thing I would be addressing if I was Frank.

The BBC reports are normally written by a journalist or fan based in the home team's town. Hence they are generally biased and this one is no exception. As you rightly say a meal is made of Wisdom's challenge on Alioski early in the game bit there is no mention of their goalkeeper's foot in the face challenge later in the game which reminded me of Darinkwa's foot in the chest challenge when we played Forest. Both challenges merited a red card.

The Leeds journalist reports that Leeds outclassed us. They played at a high tempo, were relentless, determined and ruthless, kept possession, passed to each other,their defenders defended and their wingers ensured their crosses reached our penalty box. In short they have a good team ethic and did the simple things very well. However they aren't Brazil and they scored because we gifted them 2 goals.

8 hours ago, Topram said:

Worries me that Lampard just doesn’t look happy, jan budget hasn’t helped, hope we stick and he sticks he won’t fail we are lucky to have him 

I wonder whether the budget issue is to do with FFP or perhaps Mel wants to sell and to do that he needs to get the finances in shape?

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Having been at the match last night and having seen no press or tv coverage apart from the BBC report, which doesn't even mention it, was anything said about this at the time? I have only seen the video of the challenge on twitter, which looks dreadful and dangerous. 

Where was the referee?  Did he judge it as accidental? Was it?

It was a straight red as the keeper looked at Holmes before he kicked him.

To balance it though(despite the fact we were awful) they should have had 2 penalties,Wisdom was close to going and even if they had to play with 10 outfield players and no keeper we wouldn’t have scored.

What happened re your drugs search,if you don’t mind me asking?

52 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Some of our tackles were piss poor. More of ours than theirs. They should have had a penalty too.

Waghorn's tackle at the end was bad. Lawrence got away with 2 or 3. Bryson, Holmes and Evans all with "clever" tackles. 

And I saw someone say something about Cooper pulling shirts on corners. Did you see us? And Ayling didn't complain I don't think. 

In fact I don't think they complained much at all. 

As for players going down easy or Alioski making a meal of a tackle... Harry Wilson! He's a right cheat!! 

Are you actually a Derby County supporter? I get all this not seeing .things through rose coloured spectacles and all that, but you make me wonder.

54 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

I am inclined to agree about Lawrence I’m afraid. Total enigma; but doesn’t make my first XI and not a £7m footballer for me. Sorry Tom. 

The only reason Lawrence is a 7 million pound player is because we paid that transfer fee, the connection doesn't follow that he was or is actually worth the amount of money we spent on him.

Another example of poor Derby transfer dealings by paying inflated transfer fees for players simply not worth that amount of money.

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Having been at the match last night and having seen no press or tv coverage apart from the BBC report, which doesn't even mention it, was anything said about this at the time? I have only seen the video of the challenge on twitter, which looks dreadful and dangerous. 

Where was the referee?  Did he judge it as accidental? Was it?

The keeper looked at Holmes as he kicked him, he new what he was doing. It was talked about in length in the sky post match analysis. The pundits called it disgusting and couldn’t believe the ref didn’t see it. 

They say it evened things up, but, to be fair, the peno decision at the start should’ve been offside earlier in the move, so an all round bad show from the lino, and the peno shout later on, Benty said it’s not often you see them given for an accidental step on the toe, it would be harsh. So compared to a malicious stud in the face, I think we’ve got more reason to be aggrieved there. 

Having said that, if it had have lead to us eventually equalising, we would’ve stolen one. But still. Worth a grumble. 

56 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

I am inclined to agree about Lawrence I’m afraid. Total enigma; but doesn’t make my first XI and not a £7m footballer for me. Sorry Tom. 

He's also absolutely brain-dead. Gives stupid free kicks with his petulance. Even last night he had a kick out at one of the Leeds players who had got away from him. Luckily didn't make contact. But the ref had a word. 

Also should have given a penalty away.

He's not worth £7 million. Infact if anyone offered £7 million for him I'd take it and reinvest it in the squad.

1 hour ago, nottingram said:

Expect a 5 game ban for Holmes for simulation

He could’ve done with some stud marks in his face by the end of it, and an eyeball hanging down his cheek. Would’ve been fairly undeniable then. 

Wonder whatvthe ref would’ve done in that sort of situation though, cos he didn’t blow for a foul in the first place, but stopped the game for a head injury. If it’s obvious that head injury was caused by studs, then it’s irefutable that a foul was committed, the only debate is if it’s accidental or not. Would he be able to take it back to the peno? Or would the game have moved on by then and it’s too late?

Even bacon eggs sausages and mushrooms haven’t improved this Saturday morning. 

I’ll be back Monday / Tuesday when wounds have been licked. Nothing to say except the obvious we were out played for 80 odd minutes with a brief spark when Nuge came on. 

Glum today and it’s just about to start raining and I can’t  even manage a rousing chorus of somewhere over the rainbow

57 minutes ago, Harrowram said:

I wonder whether the budget issue is to do with FFP or perhaps Mel wants to sell and to do that he needs to get the finances in shape?

Mel will be wary of what’s happened over the last few years, I’m fine with him getting the finances in shape etc as long as he keeps his finger of the button and gives Frank time 

Archived