Vs Leeds away. (Matchday thread).

Rev

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

I've not seen Mason Mount put in a performance since he played Chelsea with a knock.

Am I being overally harsh?

One problem is that he is all on his own in the midfield in terms of creativity, it must be so difficult for a teenager to carry a whole midfield in that aspect. You see him end up on the wings because we have wingers that like to cut inside and don't like to track back, so he and whoever the defensive midfielder is are playing as left backs and right backs quite often.

Also think our expectations of youthful midfielders has been exaggerated by just how excellent hughsey was at such a young age. Other young players such as Mascarell struggled at times but has now played 3 games in the champions league this year and it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Mount was the same.

Got the talent and gives you plenty of industry but I agree he hasn't been good enough on the ball for a while now, isolated games aside. Is he still suffering from the injury? Not sure but it wouldn't surprise me

That was really poor. No sugar coating it. We've not played well for weeks.

All the talk before the game about getting off to a good start and we never did. Infact, I'm struggling to think of us starting a game well. And I don't mean in the first 10 minutes. For what it's worth. Here's my ratings.

Carson - 5. Distribution poor. Should have caught the first one. Difficult to blame for the 2nd. Maybe should have got more to the ball.

Wisdom - 1. Only played 45 minutes. Should have given a penalty away. Well he did give a penalty away. Got booked for a poor tackle. Everything he touched went wrong. He's been good last few games. But tonight he's made Bogle look like Cafu.

Keogh - 3. Absolute no man's land for that 2nd goal. Watched it 3 times and I have absolutely no idea what he was doing. Couple of poor passes. He's captain. But he's not a leader. We won't get promoted with this bloke at the back.

Tomori - 3. If this lad didn't have pace. He'd be bang in trouble. It gets him out of bad situations. Let Roofe get Infront of him for the first goal. Poor night.

Lowe - 1. Absolutely awful. First half he had 3 basic passes and he put them all out of play. He had his pants down by an 18 year old making his first start. Didn't stop crosses. There's a reason Lampard signed Malone when we had Forsyth and Lowe. He knows Lowe isn't good enough. He didn't look interested tonight.

Evans - 4. Can't really remember him touching the ball. Was part of a midfield that didn't affect the game at all. Booked for a poor tackle.

Bryson - 3. Love him. Absolutely brilliant servant for this football club. I don't like saying it, and this is not just based on this game. But I cannot think of a single game this season in which he has affected the game at all. I come out of games and I just don't know what he's done. Doesn't offer anything. Completely done for that first goal tonight an all. If Rangers want him. Let him go.

Mount - 4. Not in this game at all. For a lad with the ability he has. He has to show more. Needs to be close to Marriott and closer to the box. Because that's where he can affect games.

Holmes - 5. Can't really criticize him too much tonight. The way we played didn't help him. Thought he stuck to his task well.

Lawrence - 2. Sorry. But I can't stand the lad. He was woeful against Southampton and celebrated by sticking his fingers in his ears Infront of the home fans because he scored a great goal. He ain't a good enough player to celebrate like that. He did it at Preston away last season. He gets criticized because his effort isn't there. Half hearted attempts at closing down, tracking back. This was a big season for him. He infuriates me. I said it before. If someone offered near what we paid for him I'd sell him tomorrow and reinvest the money back in the squad.

Marriott - 5. Feel sorry for him. So isolated. Midfield nowhere near him. Wingers don't put crosses in. We put 9 in today. Put a shift in.

Nugent did ok when he came on. Worked hard. Waghorn looked like he cared.

Lampard changed his system second half and we went 2-0 straight away. Maybe we could have got back into it and Leeds may have got nervous the longer it stayed 1-0. 

There might not be a lot of funds available. But we have to bring 2 or 3 players in. If we don't. That collapse will happen. Because these players at the minute are not going to get us in the top 6.

We need a centre back, a different type of striker and a full back who knows how to stop a cross.

Could also be time to look at another system?

Fact is I didn't expect anything this season. Lampards first season. I said top half, top 10 would be good as long as we are showing signs. 

1 win in 7 isn't good enough and we'll be out the play offs before we know it.

Next 6 league games are huge. 

Well, my comment on Lampard tonight is there is a significant opportunity for learning here.

He let dirty tricks get into his head and into the teams mentality. If he's going to make it to the top at as a manager he's going to face and overcome these things.

I think the selection was wrong, and would've kept bogel in with wisdom left back wher he's having a Gary teale like renaissance, been brave enough to ply Holmes in mifdielf and Waghorn, but anyway, the team wasn't working and he did change it, all the subs kind of worked if you don't blame Holmes for their second. We went from being destroyed to merely being well beaten.

I won't take anything away from Leeds who on that performance would probably have still beaten us, but I don't think we're that much behind, we just contrived to hand them the ball just as everyone had run up the pitch.

Basically, we lost that one before a ball was kicked, and because we believed that, we played that way.

Lampard is clearly still learning and overall we're not as good as the top of the table but there will be brighter days on the horizon.

27 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

I hope now that this puts to bed all the crass "we can still make the Top 2" threads primarily perpetuated by B4

The best two posters on this forum by a million miles are B4 for his/her enthusiasm and Angie Ram for common sense,  crass comments come from judge n jury folk who slag other posters off.

5 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

All the talk before the game about getting off to a good start and we never did. Infact, I'm struggling to think of us starting a game well. And I don't mean in the first 10 minutes. For what it's worth. Here's my ratings.

Carson - 5. Distribution poor. Should have caught the first one. Difficult to blame for the 2nd. Maybe should have got more to the ball.

Wisdom - 1. Only played 45 minutes. Should have given a penalty away. Well he did give a penalty away. Got booked for a poor tackle. Everything he touched went wrong. He's been good last few games. But tonight he's made Bogle look like Cafu.

Keogh - 3. Absolute no man's land for that 2nd game. Watched it 3 times and I have absolutely no idea what he was doing. Couple of poor passes. He's captain. But he's not a leader. We won't get promoted with this bloke at the back.

Tomori - 3. If this lad didn't have pace. He'd be bang in trouble. It gets him out of bad situations. Let Roofe get Infront of him for the first goal. Poor night.

Lowe - 1. Absolutely awful. First half he had 3 basic passes and he put them all out of play. He had his pants down by an 18 year old making his first start. Didn't stop crosses. There's a reason Lampard signed Malone when we had Forsyth and Lowe. He knows Lowe isn't good enough. He didn't look interested tonight.

Evans - 4. Can't really remember him touching the ball. Was part of a midfield that didn't affect the game at all. Booked for a poor tackle.

Bryson - 3. Love him. Absolutely brilliant servant for this football club. I don't like saying it, and this is not just based on this game. But I cannot think of a single game this season in which he had affected the game at all. I come out of games and I just don't know what he's done. Doesn't offer anything. Completely done got that first goal tonight an all. If Rangers want him. Let him go.

Mount - 4. Not in this game at all. For a lad with the ability he has. He has to show more. Needs to be close to Marriott and closer to the box. Because that's where he can affect games.

Holmes - 5. Can't really criticize him too much tonight. The way we played didn't help him. Thought he stuck go his task well.

Lawrence - 2. Sorry. But I can't stand the lad. He was woeful against Southampton and celebrated by sticking his fingers in his ears Infront of the home fans because he scored a great goal. He ain't a good enough player to celebrate like that. He did it at Preston away last season. He gets criticized because his effort isn't there. Half hearted attempts at closing down, tracking back. This was a big season for him. He infuriates me. I said it before. If someone offered near what we paid for him I'd sell him tomorrow and reinvest the money back in the squad.

Marriott - 5. Feel sorry for him. So isolated. Midfield nowhere near him. Wingers don't put crosses in. We put 9 in today. Put a shift in.

Lampard changed his system second half and we went 2-0 straight away. Maybe we could have got back into it and Leeds may have got nervous the longer it stayed 1-0. 

There might not be a lot of funds available. But we have to bring 2 or 3 players in. If we don't. That collapse will happen. Because these players at the minute are not going to get us in the top 6.

We need a centre back, a different type of striker and a full back who knows how to stop a cross.

Fact is I didn't expect anything this season. Lampards first season. I said top half, top 10 would be good as long as we are showing signs. 

Think you’ve got it spot on here. Echoes my thoughts exactly 

9 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Keogh - 3. Absolute no man's land for that 2nd goal. Watched it 3 times and I have absolutely no idea what he was doing. Couple of poor passes. He's captain. But he's not a leader. We won't get promoted with this bloke at the back.

Bryson - 3. Love him. Absolutely brilliant servant for this football club. I don't like saying it, and this is not just based on this game. But I cannot think of a single game this season in which he has affected the game at all. I come out of games and I just don't know what he's done. Doesn't offer anything. Completely done for that first goal tonight an all. If Rangers want him. Let him go.

Holmes - 5. Can't really criticize him too much tonight. The way we played didn't help him. Thought he stuck to his task well.

These ratings are shockingly low and the worst part is I think you've been too generous. I agree that Bryson was completely ineffective, but I don't see how Mount or Evans can score higher than him. If anything they were even worse. Carson deserves less too. His error for the first is so bad. Not a Leeds player near him and he chooses to punch, except he doesn't punch, he flaps. With such a young team and some youngsters in defence we really need our experienced 'keeper to be far more composed.

1 minute ago, Steve How Hard? said:

If you don't buy a ticket then you don't win the lottery. It hurts keep being the nearly men but it's gotta be better than mid table mediocrity right? 

It is mediocrity!

2 minutes ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

What strikes me most about this team is how we are outmuscled by everyone. Absolutely everyone. It's the most lightweight Derby team I can remember.

Glad I’m not the only one that’s noticed it... It’s no wonder we always concede Possesion and can’t win headers... Duane Holmes is our strongest player! He’s about 4 foot ffs!

8 minutes ago, FrostedRam said:

Think you’ve got it spot on here. Echoes my thoughts exactly 

We are crying out for a quality central midfielder who can dominate and give us some control. Our midfield didn't get a kick today. I really don't think all the blame can be placed on the defence. I would also say all the hype about Leeds was over the top. The likes of Ipswich, Rotherham and Bolton would have beaten us tonight with that performance....

21 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I'd like to give you some stick for being so harsh but, I really can't argue with any of your ratings.

Having said that, perhaps I shouldn't comment. I found it so painful to watch I abandoned it a couple of times (to put the kettle on and then to empty the dishwasher - yes it really was that bad) in the hope that when I continued watching, by some miracle, Derby might have scored in my absence. 

I have not read what anybody else has put 

carson - massive contribution to both goals

wisdom - dreadful first half which is a shame as he did ok at left back 

Keogh- actually our best player on the night 

tomori- he is a lot worse with lowe at left back

lowe - sorry he is just not a left back, he is out of position constantly,doesn’t attempt to stop any crosses and doesn’t look where he is kicking the ball

evans - I have seen nothing yet to encourage me at all

mount - tried to get into the game but couldn’t 

bryson - tried to get into the game but couldn’t 

holmes - strange night for him

lawrence - we know he doesn’t track back very well but little going forward for anyone

marriott - no service at all 

subs - not a great deal

our composure was non existent- the Leeds goalkeeper should be charged by the FA because that was totally deliberate studs in the face of Holmes 

we deserved nothing in the game but what I see of Leeds should not be considered as automatic contenders and currently we won’t be around the play offs long because a lot of basics are not being done 

Archived