Vs Leeds away. (Matchday thread).

Rev

2 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

My viewing of this game tonight has been somewhat disrupted by my 19 month old deciding to start being sick 10 mins before kick off. But from what I saw, we’ve just seen the best performance from any team in the championship this season, even better than they were at pp. We didn’t play well but seriously let’s not pull everything apart. Leeds were awesome. I’m listening to some of the comments into radio derby and I’m astounded at the negativity. 

Leeds are going to win the league. We’re in a battle for top 6 and now have a run of games to pick up some points.

I get so pissed-off by comments like this. We were rubbish. We are too lightweight. We have the team balance wrong. We have too many players not producing on a regular basis. Its meaningless pap saying the opposition are so good when we were so poor.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, KCG said:

I get so pissed-off by comments like this. We were rubbish. We are too lightweight. We have the team balance wrong. We have too many players not producing on a regular basis. Its meaningless pap saying the opposition are so good when we were so poor.

And I get pissed off by negativity like this so touché! Not played well - but you have to credit good teams. 

2 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

I've not seen Mason Mount put in a performance since he played Chelsea with a knock.

Am I being overally harsh?

No. He wound me up massively tonight. Bryson is a yard too slow for Championship football, but at least he tries. Mount hid tonight. He's been hiding for a while.

1 minute ago, reveldevil said:

I've not seen Mason Mount put in a performance since he played Chelsea with a knock.

Am I being overally harsh?

I suspect he’s realised that he’s the virtually the sole “player” in midfield and has lost his edge accordingly. 

As poo as that was, I have to respect how good Leeds are and understand that we're not going to have that every single week. Some labelling it the worst performance of the season - arguably so, but away to the league leaders is likely to be one of the hardest games of the season too.

I'm still a fan of Lampard and what he's trying to do here, even though he got it wrong today and has done a few times this season, but I'm not sure there's much that could've been done to change the result of that game, I always felt Leeds had a couple more gears ready to move into should we have given them a closer game. We need to look at the negatives and improve but Leeds are different to any other side this season, we aren't going to face the same levels of pressing and control from another side. In reality we're probably the sort of team that this Leeds side thrive against. We're not a backs against the wall kind of team who can defend valiantly for 89 minutes and score one goal to win the game.

Positives moving forward is our upcoming fixture list. No game is easy in this league, but looking at our previous five games against our next five, I know what I'd choose.

Reading, Preston, Hull, Ipswich and Wigan. Five games where taken in isolation, you'd expect to win. It's a real opportunity to build up some momentum for the latter part of the season and cement a top-six place which would be a great achievement for our squad and our new coaching staff.

I know funds are tight and FL has been pessimistic in terms of incomings this month, but games like this could be a nudge to convince another loanee or two to come in which could give us that little bit extra, because as we all saw, we've still got a lot of room for improvement.

I really don't like posting negative comments, just as much as I don't like reading them, but I'm afraid it's all part and parcel of following the Rams.  We didn't play well tonight, the inconsistency is almost unbearable, I get that, but the positives that I cling onto is the fact that we have a very inexperienced manager in his very first season in the role.  Don't get me wrong, I'm chuffed to bits that we have Frank Lampard as our manager, just as I'm chuffed that Rowett left and is now unemployed.  We have some young inexperienced players who are learning their trade too.  I guess all I'm saying is yes, results/performances like the one tonight are disappointing, to put it mildly, but given time we will get to where we need to be.  Good competitive teams take time to build and I'm confident that under the current management team we will get there....DTID.

Archived