Vs Leeds away. (Matchday thread).

Rev

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

They qualify for the Europa league groups and Englands 7th best team dont.......doesn't say much for teams 8 to 92.

Im biased granted, but Ive seen Lowe stand upto better teams than he's playing tonight. 

Irrespective, the slagging Lowe is getting off people tonight is OTT. 

TBF Lowe was poor on his first game back and so was probably low on confidence. His next game is against a rampant Leeds side and he just wasn’t up to it. But he was not alone in that. Wisdom after a few good games at left back suddenly can’t remember how to play in his more natural position. Bryson, Evans and Mount completely overrun by their midfield. Tomori still can’t defend after half a season.

The whole team played passes so utterly predictable and lacklustre that Leeds were able to pick them off like a lizard zapping flies.

I can forgive the youngsters because youth football doesn’t prepare you for nights like tonight but the whole team froze and that’s scary.

Leeds are better than us and that I can accept. We were always favourites to lose. The manner of the surrender is of greater concern tonight.

4 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Carson - 4

Wisdom - 3

Keogh - 5

Tomori - 5

Lowe - 3

Evans - 4

Mount - 4

Bryson - 4 (running around doesn't give us anything)

Lawrence - 4

Holmes - 6

Marriott - 4 

Nugent - 5

Joz - 5

Waghorn - 4

Lampard - 4 

Far too generous for at least 6 of em. 

4 minutes ago, Sasha said:

IMG-20190111-WA0001.jpg

A still image is basically the antithesis of in real time. 

I know he got kicked in the face, I saw the replays.

My viewing of this game tonight has been somewhat disrupted by my 19 month old deciding to start being sick 10 mins before kick off. But from what I saw, we’ve just seen the best performance from any team in the championship this season, even better than they were at pp. We didn’t play well but seriously let’s not pull everything apart. Leeds were awesome. I’m listening to some of the comments into radio derby and I’m astounded at the negativity. 

Leeds are going to win the league. We’re in a battle for top 6 and now have a run of games to pick up some points.

6 minutes ago, Sasha said:

IMG-20190111-WA0001.jpg

I don't blame the ref for missing it because in real time barely anyone noticed anything untoward. If you watch the replay you can see the sly ducker looks down once he has the ball and then extends his leg to connect with Holmes. I hope we send the footage for the league to review, although this guy is so crap it might hurt Leeds more if he's available to play.

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

The two teams qualify by playing in a league with no real competition. Unlike the Prem or even the Championship. 

Apart from Aberdeen finishing 2nd for 4 seasons in a row, Hibs finishing within 3 points of Rangers and Kilmarnock 2 points behind now. Looks like competition to me. 

No point arguing, I think the standard in England is overhyped, and the standard in Scotland underplayed. The truths probobly somewhere in the middle. 

1 minute ago, TuffLuff said:

Hope their keeper gets retrospective action 

Just seen it again. He was clearly looking at Holmes and deliberately studded him in the face. He should be ashamed of himself, as should the ref for ignoring it. Probably making up for his earlier mistakes 

11 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Carson - 4

Wisdom - 3

Keogh - 5

Tomori - 5

Lowe - 3

Evans - 4

Mount - 4

Bryson - 4 (running around doesn't give us anything)

Lawrence - 4

Holmes - 6

Marriott - 4 

Nugent - 5

Joz - 5

Waghorn - 4

Lampard - 4 

I assume these are minus scores ?

Knocked out in Play Offs would be a good season for the Rams. Rebuilding needs to continue. I do not understand FFP but it does seem that we have no cash for signings. Loan signings OK for me. We are good enough for 6th to 8th place. I would settle for 6th now. COYR

42 minutes ago, ramtique said:

Thought Lowe was dire on Saturday against Saints and couldn’t believe he’d be selected again for this match! All these rave reviews he’s been getting upnin Aberdeen just shows the chasm in class between Scots Prem and the top two leagues in England... 

Not that I’m blamIng Lowe alone for this embarrassment. We’ve been murdered twice by Leeds now ... as someone else said, men against boys. Big questions over Frank tactically... doesn’t matter how great a player you were, he’s still got an awful lot to learn. Still glad he’s ours though! ?

First half we had no hunger for the fight. Very glad that Frank is our manager; however, Leeds had far more desire throughout and we were ragged from the start. Our midfield is like a layer of tissue paper in a  windy rain storm:  after 10 minutes our engine room was soggy and ripped to shreds. 0-2 flattered us really. Not sure apart from Nugent what the subs were about tactically. We need more beef away from home. Leeds are a very good unit - we are at best 11 individuals with no shape. 

6 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

TBF Lowe was poor on his first game back and so was probably low on confidence. His next game is against a rampant Leeds side and he just wasn’t up to it. But he was not alone in that. Wisdom after a few good games at left back suddenly can’t remember how to play in his more natural position. Bryson, Evans and Mount completely overrun by their midfield. Tomori still can’t defend after half a season.

The whole team played passes so utterly predictable and lacklustre that Leeds were able to pick them off like a lizard zapping flies.

I can forgive the youngsters because youth football doesn’t prepare you for nights like tonight but the whole team froze and that’s scary.

Leeds are better than us and that I can accept. We were always favourites to lose. The manner of the surrender is of greater concern tonight.

Once the dust settles Ill post a summery of Lowe's loan up North. Where he struggled and where he flourished. 

Archived