Vs Leeds away. (Matchday thread).

Rev

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No complaints about the score, we were easily beaten.

Lampard seriously needs to look at the tactics of starting with Marriott as a lone striker and Holmes is not the new messiah.

But let just one person come on and defend the officials tonight! The ref was shocking for both sides and the linesman cancelled out the one correct decision he did make when he awarded them a penalty at the start of the match.

If the dirty lids keeper does not get at least a 4 games ban for the kick to the face of Holmes, something is seriously wrong.

Now I need more beer washed down with a few whiskys.

Easily the worst performance of the season IMO. It wasn't 1 of them, it wasn't 2 of them, it was all of them. Second to every ball, lost every individual battle, and were completely run ragged.

Leeds had a great game plan, and I feel for us to have got anything out the game, we needed to be physical.. and unfortunately, Bryson, Evans and Mount aren't those players. The whole game was like watching a fat kid getting bullied by 11 lads and not being able to stop them.

I'm glad it's over; I really hope we bring in a couple new faces to inspire us, but judging by recent comments, I struggle to see us doing anything really significant.

Lightweight performance against a good Leeds side.

Myopic officials didn't help either team, I mean who misses three stonewall penalties including an obvious red card offence? Mr Magoo could've done a better job.

Lawrence is a waste of space when the going gets tough.  Fancy flicks in our defensive third seemed to be his finest offering tonight.

Max Lowe, well sorry kid but you were well and truly owned tonight.

Too hacked off to keep trying to type with fat fingers on a phone keypad.

Message ends.

Imagine if that was a Rowett team. Up their with Wolves and Fulham away. Just a no contest, 1200 Rams fans didn’t deserve that. I can take being beaten by a better team, which we were, but that Derby performance was rank. 

Worrying that Frank hasn’t got a clue what his best team is still. I don’t think I do. Musical full backs. Is Evans really the answer? Reminded me of De Sart. Bryson and Mount anonymous again. Defence all over the shop. Carson at fault. 

Thank god for our 500k not good enough for Sunderland, centre mid turned winger turned right back Duane Holmes. The only bright spark. Felt sorry for Marriott. Nuge battled. 

Leeds were very good, took the initiative after the spy talk which I was expecting us to do. No doubt the best team we’ve faced, twice now. 

Sooner we can put this to bed the better, we’re not getting any better and that needs to change. 

They are top of the league for a reason, and although we were very poor, they played brilliantly and even if we had played well they still would have beat us imo. Can't blame Frank for the performance, only a few came out with credit. We need to sort out full backs, every game we're getting punished. I'm all for giving the young uns a chance but I don't think Lowe is good enough yet.

Evening Rams (first post - go easy ?)

Really poor tonight, second to every ball but was always going to be tough at Elland Road. Still in the play-offs but need greater consistency. Annoying to lose to a team that employ underhand tactics too... 

3 minutes ago, LB_DCFC said:

We just lost 2-0 against top of the league. Come on man, it was bad but it was hardly embarrassing 

Not embarrassing? We didn’t have a single shot on goal against a team that lost its last 3 games! These are not ducking Wolves last season mate - it was a pathetic performance made worse by Lampards clueless tactical decisions. 

Just now, DCFC1388 said:

Before tonights games in the head to heads between the teams in the top 6 we had the most points

That’s because we’ve played them all early I’d say.....

Archived