Vs Leeds away. (Matchday thread).

Rev

Friday 19.45 ? end Road.

The return fixture after a tough lesson in the home game.

Since then both teams have maintained a pretty impressive record, theirs slightly less bumpy than ours, but I'm sure both sets of supporters are happy enough at this moment.

Can we close the gap with a win,for sure it will be interesting to see how the sides match up half a season on from the original fixture, have we got closer to them in the intervening time?

Holmes must start for me after the Saints game, how will we line up at the back in comparison?

A bit like Klopp at Liverpool, it's a shame Leeds have appointed such a likable manager, maybe we could get Jody to kick that bucket from under his arse to celebrate our win!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Doodle said:

Holmes must start as must Wisdom. Really hope Wilson is fit to pair up with mount in the centre, I suspect Lawrence will retain his place. The tricky pick is CDM. Evens wasn’t great today after 2 good games 

In the time recently that Evans has been on the pitch we let one in vs Sheffield United three against Norwich one against Middlesbrough and two vs Southampton so basically he hasn’t stopped he flow of goals against going in 

3 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

In the time recently that Evans has been on the pitch we let one in vs Sheffield United three against Norwich one against Middlesbrough and two vs Southampton so basically he hasn’t stopped he flow of goals against going in 

Played well against Norwich and especially Boro, poor today though. Not many of those goals you mention came from attacks down the middle, both of today’s, boro’s and 2 of Norwich’s came from the flanks ( can’t remember the Shef u one). We could have Kante or the Man City cdm who played against Liverpool ( forgot his name) and those goals are still going in. We need fullbacks who can stop crosses flying in constantly to concede fewer goals 

16 minutes ago, Doodle said:

Played well against Norwich and especially Boro, poor today though. Not many of those goals you mention came from attacks down the middle, both of today’s, boro’s and 2 of Norwich’s came from the flanks ( can’t remember the Shef u one). We could have Kante or the Man City cdm who played against Liverpool ( forgot his name) and those goals are still going in. We need fullbacks who can stop crosses flying in constantly to concede fewer goals 

Probably true, yet people like Bryson and Keogh get criticised- just saying but you are correct we let a lot of crosses into our box 

I would go for the following line up:

Carson

Wisdom Tomori Keogh Lowe

Evans

Mount    Wilson

Lawrence Marriott Holmes 

Holmes and Lawrence should start, and although Lowe was hardly at his best today , Bogle hasn't been good enough recently, his ability to deliver crosses and stop crosses has been very poor most of the time and I would like to see wisdom playing at right back.  I think we will need the mobility Evans provides against Leeds, I fear if Huddlestone starts we will get over run and done on the counter attack.

1 minute ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

I would go for the following line up:

Carson

Wisdom Tomori Keogh Lowe

Evans

Mount    Wilson

Lawrence Marriott Holmes 

Holmes and Lawrence should start, and although Lowe was hardly at his best today , Bogle hasn't been good enough recently, his ability to deliver crosses and stop crosses has been very poor most of the time and I would like to see wisdom playing at right back.  I think we will need the mobility Evans provides against Leeds, I fear if Huddlestone starts we will get over run and done on the counter attack.

I particularly like the switch of Keogh and Tomori... bloomin genius!

Carson

bogle.    Keogh.    Tomori.    Wisdom

.                     Evans

.          Wilson.        Mount 

waghorn.       Marriott.      Holmes

Altho i think wilson will be injured, and therefore lawrence will play 

Right then, we know we can’t defend either way up no matter what we try, so let’s just ducking go for it. This is going to be a very very tough game, I expect defeat if I’m being honest, but let’s make sure it’s not a complete collapse like last time and go out there and play our game. Everyone needs to be at it from the first minute, pressing, making space in attack, positioning themselves right and ffs take the right option with the pass! Team for me is relatively easy to pick..

Carson

Bogle Keogh Tomori Wisdom

Huddlestone

Holmes Mount

Wilson Marriott Lawrence 

No way to change the backline really other than lowe who doesn’t yet deserve his place back, and let’s be frank none of them can organise themselves properly so it’s not gonna make any odds. Evans has been slower and more ponderous than the slow Huddlestone, but without any of the genius passing and getting out of trouble tom has, so he returns. Holmes needs to be centre mid without any doubt. We’ve not played him with mount yet (?) but I think he’ll be the absolute perfect compliment, he’s a bit like Bernardo silva for city in the ground he covers and his ability to carry the ball from defence to attack. He’s the Hughes replacement we’ve been asking for imo, but just didn’t know was there.

Only question is over Wilson’s fitness, Waghorn in naturally if he’s injured.

Archived