Vs Leeds away. (Matchday thread).

Rev

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolute woeful 1st half, hardly been able to pass to our own players which has resulted in long balls up to Marriott who has no chance against their centre backs. When we do get the ball we are way too slow to use it.

Carson should have caught the ball from that corner, no reason at all to punch it then Bryson beat way too easily.

Luckily we got away with the peno decision and its still 1-0.  Looked abit better last 5-10mins when Holmes came more central. Id bring Waghorn on for Bryson

Our issue right now is we are struggling to transition out from the back. None if the midfield are doing enough to get on the ball and help transition, with only Holmes really looking for the ball to help get us some where. This isn't helped at all that by both full backs panicking every time they get the ball and every time Carson gets the ball him kicking out of play. 

We either need to shift the midfield around to get on the ball more, bring on Waghorn/Nuge to help fight for the aimless balls up front or both. 

This could be a good hiding.

Our full backs are key to how we play and Leeds have completely dominated us in these areas. There is no wide outlet for the midfield. Change in tactics needed by Lampard.

Mount and Evan's have not been in the game. I feel that the calm head of tom huddlestone may help us retain possession and mount some attacks. Waghorn for mount and move Holmes into midfield if mount can't get into the game 2nd half. 

Well that was as bad as you’ll play without getting hammered by half time. Getting a bit fed up of the same old problems, defensive organisation is all over the show and we just panic and lump it. Like watching a poo allardyce side who’ve just watched the conjuring and are pooping themselves. Not the first time I’ve seen us play like this either. Have to sort out cause we’re  making no progress at the moment, a proper midfield without Bryson and Evans would be a start so we can actually pass. 

Huddlestone on for now mind, that’s all we can do, get the actual decent passer on

It's hard to watch them give us another lesson in pressing and passing. We can't keep the ball, have we put 6 passes together yet? I think not. They press so fast, then break with accuracy. I hate Leeds, always have always will. 

Archived