Star 6s

rynny

Live on Sky now, replaced the Masters football. International teams - England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland and Rest of the world. 

Few ex Derby players, Bent Saunders and Eanrshaw. 

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 04/01/2019 at 20:02, David said:

That’s not a like Rynny but I’ll take it. If @Lambchop has cheered up yet I could be on to my first none eye rolling reaction from her, she loves a good Rowett post 

The laughing reaction better bloody count towards reputation. I'm assuming the 'cheers', the ram and the clapping hands do too?

On 04/01/2019 at 20:05, rynny said:

Lee Carsley playing as well. 

Is it just me that remembers Lee Carsley as an absolute clogger for us, couldn't pass for toffee or control a bag of cement (I'm not saying I didn't like him!). Then went to the Toffees and became some kind of Messi/Iniesta hybrid??

3 minutes ago, Taribo said:

Is it just me that remembers Lee Carsley as an absolute clogger for us, couldn't pass for toffee or control a bag of cement (I'm not saying I didn't like him!). Then went to the Toffees and became some kind of Messi/Iniesta hybrid??

It must be you, I remember being really disappointed to lose Carsley. One of those under valued players that isn't appreciated until they've left. 

Incidentally, I believe he still plays regular Sunday league football in Brum. A true footballer who plays for the love of the game. 

14 minutes ago, ram59 said:

It must be you, I remember being really disappointed to lose Carsley. One of those under valued players that isn't appreciated until they've left. 

Incidentally, I believe he still plays regular Sunday league football in Brum. A true footballer who plays for the love of the game. 

I agree, a real sense of loss.  Didn't he leave because he had a sick son and he wanted to ensure his future with a big money deal?

1 hour ago, Taribo said:

I am not sure many footballers would be able to either ??

1 hour ago, ram59 said:

He could certainly play, but he was quite young and still pretty raw when he was with us. I wouldn't necessarily have predicted him becoming as good on the ball and with set pieces as he became at Everton. I remember him mainly as an enforcer at Derby. If anyone left something in on one of our dainty foreign lads your could guarantee they'd be upended by Carsley within 5 minutes.

1 hour ago, Taribo said:

First you say he couldn't pass for toffee, then state he went on to play like Messi/Iniesta, which I assume means he made many a successful pass for the Toffees?

Which is it?  You can't have it both ways!   

I prefer fudge.

Archived