Sign in to follow this  
ronnieronalde

Best Premier League Player EVER!!

Just now, MuespachRam said:

Nope It wasn’t. It was just RENAMED then. Big difference. 

Right, but the thread is talking about in PREMIER LEAGUE history, and no point is it claimed football was invented in 92. There’s a whole generation of fans now that will only known footballs top tier to be the Premier League. Have a day off Meldrew, the cat pissed in your pool again?

42 minutes ago, David said:

Right, but the thread is talking about in PREMIER LEAGUE history, and no point is it claimed football was invented in 92. There’s a whole generation of fans now that will only known footballs top tier to be the Premier League. Have a day off Meldrew, the cat pissed in your pool again?

Just because a snickers is called a snickers doesn’t mean it’s not a marathon. 

Just now, MuespachRam said:

Just because a snickers is called a snickers doesn’t mean it’s not a marathon. 

Bet you still take your ration book to the 7 eleven 🤣

18 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

The first season I ever SAW was our first at Pride Park... that’s when football was invented as far as I’m concerned 😝

Thats why I’ll always defend us whipper snappers and Pride Park, these old farts don’t appreciate that this stadium means as much to younger fans as the BBG did to them back on the day when they knock it, flat pack stadiums on retail parks with a Subway is football. 

Went to a few games at the Baseball Ground but my first season ticket was the first season at Pride Park, white plastic flip wallet thing with the Ram and yellow banner underneath, the days where you tore the stubs out. Took me mum down to the opening, saw the Queens gloved handle waving away out the car as it tootled round the pitch. Memories right there.

The Premier League top flight branding has been around for 27 years now, anyone under 35 Division 1 is where Leeds and Forest were relegated to.

37 next month myself so I’m borderline, can vaguely remembering it launching and having Sky Sports installed. Destroyed football apparently, but without it we wouldn’t have seen as much of Cantona, Bergkamp, Henry, Scholes, Zola, Schmeichel, Ronaldo and co.

Bergkamp is the greatest for me. Hands down. Baiano second.

It’s impossible to really say there’s one because each era is so different.

If you want ‘right place, right time’ then I’d go with Thierry Henry. A master, in the perfect team for him to excel.

Wildcard: Eden Hazard

Thierry Henry for me too. 

Ronaldo took time to develop into anything but a quick feet dancer. He could achieve with 100 stepovers what Ryan Giggs could do without any. Same end product. Well, actually the opportunities Ronaldo used to get in and the number he delivered on were quite separate for a while. Most the excitement came from him having the number 7 shirt. 

Arsenal is still the best team in the PL history to me. They were unbeaten and they did it playing fun football. I remember that team better than most the United sides after Giggs, Beckham, Scholes. 

Having Henry in your team was cheating. Too good.

Henry.

I know hypothetical but Take him out that Arsenal side they maybe don’t have the success they did. 

I fancy that Ferguson would have still took UTD to those titles with/without Ronaldo looking at some of the sides he had winning titles. 

Ronaldo close 2nd mind. Just think Henry had a greater impact.