Who will be the new central defender?

ram59

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Wisdom is being done abit of a dis-service here, he has played plenty of games at CB and deems it his strongest position. I wouldnt be shocked to see him start at CB tomorrow vs Southampton to see how he gets on.

I dont think there is too much to panic about just yet as we have enough cover and we will get a CB in, like previously mentioned, probably waiting for our main target to be available.

RB - Bogle Wisdom Tomori

CB - Keogh Tomori Wisdom Evans Huddlestone

LB - Lowe Wisdom Bird Johnson

Malone wont be too far away either and even Ledley has played LB before.

56 minutes ago, David said:

Not sure it’s comedy gold, a lot of fans visit this forum looking to see what’s going on with players during transfer windows, fans that are not aware of web inspect tools or know how to verify the tweet is genuine.

Don’t really want to peddle the fake tweet nonsense on here, seen a couple knocking about on Twitter tonight, best leave them over there.

I conflated the two bits, soz. "Comedy gold" referred to all the people at least claiming to panic because we've released a reserve centre half who never plays. If they're serious it's pretty funny.

54 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

I think Wisdom is being done abit of a dis-service here, he has played plenty of games at CB and deems it his strongest position. I wouldnt be shocked to see him start at CB tomorrow vs Southampton to see how he gets on.

I dont think there is too much to panic about just yet as we have enough cover and we will get a CB in, like previously mentioned, probably waiting for our main target to be available.

RB - Bogle Wisdom Tomori

CB - Keogh Tomori Wisdom Evans Huddlestone

LB - Lowe Wisdom Bird Johnson

Malone wont be too far away either and even Ledley has played LB before.

16 Austrian Bundesliga games with Salzburg and 2 Europa League games, also played CB for Liverpool one game in the Europa.

Not a position that’s alien to him, just one we haven’t seen him in at Derby.

#Stats

We once played rookie midfielder Dave Langan at right back because we'd run out of right backs, and he turned out to be arguably the best right back we ever had.

Wiz is doing great at left back.

If it aint broken......

Just looking into Wisdoms time at Salzburg as you do at 11.30pm on a Friday night, Wisdom played in 16 Austrian Bundesliga games, 13 of which are down on record as playing CB for 90 minutes, with 3 games which he played 1, 12 and 18 minutes in his position was not listed.

P16 W13 D1 L2

In those 16 games Salzburg conceded just 6 goals.

2 hours ago, Harrowram said:

I can't believe there is no replacement centre half particularly as Keogh has been identified as a weak link.

Identified by who? I’ve watched the rams for over 20 years and personally think he’s one of the best players to wear the shirt? 

3 minutes ago, David said:

Just looking into Wisdoms time at Salzburg as you do at 11.30pm on a Friday night, Wisdom played in 16 Austrian Bundesliga games, 13 of which are down on record as playing CB for 90 minutes, with 3 games which he played 1, 12 and 18 minutes in his position was not listed.

P16 W13 D1 L2

Pretty sure I remember him saying when he joined for the 2nd time, that the Salzburg season was when he was playing his best football and he thought CB was his best position. Him and Tomori as a centre half pairing would be a bit of a powerhouse duo, good balance of pace and tackling ability

3 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

Pretty sure I remember him saying when he joined for the 2nd time, that the Salzburg season was when he was playing his best football and he thought CB was his best position. Him and Tomori as a centre half pairing would be a bit of a powerhouse duo, good balance of pace and tackling ability

I seem to remember reading something saying he didn’t want to be a CB though and preferred the position of RB? 

1 hour ago, Grimbeard said:

bucko1.jpg

Bucko? Putting the cat amongst the pigeons, the QPR goal was the fault of Bucko, Fozzy and Keogh, but I'd put 80% of the blame on Bucko.

Sad for a player who bled Derby blood, but when there's a minute left before extra time against 10 men, you keep the ball so you can play another half hour and get the win. You don't gift it to the opposition to allow them their one opportunity to defeat you. But if you do gift it to them, when you get the chance you put the ball into row Z rather than take huge risks to try to keep the ball alive, hoping you might score in the next 30 seconds instead of giving yourselves another 30 minutes.

Disastrous "defending". 

8 hours ago, VulcanRam said:

Well we nearly got to the bottom of page 2...

I was hoping someone had inside information as to who the replacement is. At present we have Andre Wisdom as cover for the right back , centre half and left back positions, which suggests he is multi-tasker!

Tyrone Mings might fit the bill as he is young,tall and quick. I don't know what happened to him at Bournemouth.

Frank doesn't give much away. As far as I can see he didn't allude to the departure of Pearce and the potential departures of Thorne,,Anya and Butterfield. It those transactions are concluded I guess he won't be drawn as to who he wants to come in.

8 hours ago, David said:

P16 W13 D1 L2

Maybe we should look to sign their goalkeeper he must be really good! ?

12 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

New central defender will be wisdom Pearce Huddlestone Hunt in that order but I do expect us to bring one in but if we can’t lets go with it 

I think you mean Wisdom Evans Huddlestone Hunt

11 hours ago, RamNut said:

We once played rookie midfielder Dave Langan at right back because we'd run out of right backs, and he turned out to be arguably the best right back we ever had.

Wiz is doing great at left back.

If it aint broken......

Hail hail to that - David Langan was an absolute legend who literally ran his body into the ground for this club. 

Both John Wark and Dion Dublin enjoyed success later in their careers dropping back into the centre half position. Got to be enough in that thought for the Chris Martin lovers to take at least six pages of this thread to raise conjecture over

I'm joking btw - step back from the rolling eyes emoji, it's just a bit of NY bants.

15 hours ago, Parsnip said:

This is Harry Redknapp's nephew we're talking about. 

Pinch o' salt mate.

Hmmmmm... we will see. It is a bit odd though to let a fit CB go one more injury then what.

That said clearing out some wage bill is the only way anything will come in. The moneybank is clearly empty....

Archived