Who will be the new central defender?

ram59

We have just 4 games before the window closes. No need to panic.

Not imminent doesn’t mean no irons in fires which are one phone call away from player on way for medical, could be a case of staying patient for our number 1 at target rather than desperation grabbing anything we can.

Sure we could of held on to Pearce, but would Millwall have been happy to wait, was this a we need you now or we’ll look elsewhere deal?

Lampard clearly says we need a centre back, maximum of 4 games isn’t much to get through, we have Wisdom that has played there and with Lowe back we have a left back again. 

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Deep in the bowels of Mels research facility known only as "the farm" the diabolical results of a sinister project are being given their final assessment.

"crazy... They called me crazy.... But I've succeed.... I am the creator...."

"they said it couldn't be done but I have infused the body of badly Johnson with the footballing skill of Richard Keogh."

31 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Deep in the bowels of Mels research facility known only as "the farm" the diabolical results of a sinister project are being given their final assessment.

"crazy... They called me crazy.... But I've succeed.... I am the creator...."

"they said it couldn't be done but I have infused the body of badly Johnson with the footballing skill of Richard Keogh."

Lol.

.....And created Awful Mawson ?

Only we would leave ourselves absolutely ridiculously short in defence by sending 1 of 3 fit recognised centre backs out on loan without a replacement lined up. 1 of those 3 isn't even our player.

It isn't quite up there with sending Bryson out on loan without a replacement but it ain't far off.

4 games is 12 points, one of those games is against Leeds, we need all players in the building, not 'making do' hoping we don't get an injury.

I bet you if you asked Lampard honestly he wouldn't be too happy with the current transfer situation that is leaving his squad depleted.

Think we’ll get a centre back eventually but could take a while.. can’t imagine first choice is anything but ampadu, reports saying they’ll let him out later in the window. Imo we’re more than one man short in defence though, it isn’t good having so little competition as it allows players to be lax and retain their places, can’t be having that with our already shaky defence. Surprised to see Pearce go unless we bring in at least 2, maybe even 3 imo

i'll do it.  Have nothing much to do until spring.  Am 192cm, can somewhat jump, have big bulging eyes, always blame others for my mistakes and possess zero leadership qualities.  Free fare, food and boarding, plus 500 a week and it's a done deal.  Mel are you reading this?

Darn it, missed it by a hair

Some comedy gold in this thread and disappointing @loweman2's genius photoshop has been removed.

Wisdom was England U21 skipper and centre half for a while. Convinced it's his best position. I think he's a good understudy there, while I'd far rather see Bogle and Lowe on the flanks. But I also thin k Frank will bring someone of stature in during the window.

14 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Some comedy gold in this thread and disappointing @loweman2's genius photoshop has been removed.

Not sure it’s comedy gold, a lot of fans visit this forum looking to see what’s going on with players during transfer windows, fans that are not aware of web inspect tools or know how to verify the tweet is genuine.

Don’t really want to peddle the fake tweet nonsense on here, seen a couple knocking about on Twitter tonight, best leave them over there.

3 minutes ago, David said:

Not sure it’s comedy gold, a lot of fans visit this forum looking to see what’s going on with players during transfer windows, fans that are not aware of web inspect tools or know how to verify the tweet is genuine.

Don’t really want to peddle the fake tweet nonsense on here, seen a couple knocking about on Twitter tonight, best leave them over there.

And as I finish posting this a thread appears in the Transfer Rumours board thinking it’s genuine.

Probably how @uttoxram75 also picked up the Tyrone Mings “rumours”.

Pesky kids!

7E42BF22-07A2-404F-86B0-C04308F8618D.jpeg

Archived