Forest away moved

WystonRam

1 hour ago, DcfcJB said:

Just putting it out there Monday night games aren't that bad for the vast majority of fans, most are used to rushing back from work for midweek games. Also they have given us the best part of 2 months to organise ourselves, its not unfair for the amount of money they plough into football for them to get a say on when the games are played. Friday would have been better but what a way to cure the back to work Monday feeling than looking forward to smashing forest in their back yard.

A completely true and fair statement but I’m not sure that anyone on here will let that get in the way of a good moan.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

A completely true and fair statement but I’m not sure that anyone on here will let that get in the way of a good moan.

Why would we moan? Just because thousands of shift workers are forced to miss a game so that people with no real interest in either club get to watch it shouldn't upset anybody. 

52 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-46760669

Police call for weekday only derby matches in Sheffield

My contacts in the Derby constabulary would disagree with this approach - But could just be the Nottingham police having asked for the move? If they thought it created an easier to manage atmosphere at the last game?

I doubt Sky would televise it just on Notts police say so!

Sky want it, Sky move it.  Only then do the police may their plans accordingly.

If it was moved to Monday night (or any other day/time) and NOT on Sky, then you could assume it was down to the police, but not in this instance.

34 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

What’s a train? Why would anyone catch one?

In Landon, we get a black cab.. Or fly up.

39 minutes ago, ossieram said:

Why would we moan? Just because thousands of shift workers are forced to miss a game so that people with no real interest in either club get to watch it shouldn't upset anybody. 

I think 100s would have been an exaggeration never mind 1000s.

At the end of the day are broadcasting games all weekend and thats where they we fit within their schedule. 

If anything they have given derby fans as a whole more opportunity to watch and enjoy the game here are the options... 

1) the match it’s self 

2) pubs across the country 

3) comfort of your own home 

4) sky go app anywhere in the uk 

5) I’m not sure on this one but as it’s midweek we might have it on Ramstv

On top of that you have 2 months to organise yourself in a way that allows you to watch the game. 

3 hours ago, DcfcJB said:

Just putting it out there Monday night games aren't that bad for the vast majority of fans, most are used to rushing back from work for midweek games. Also they have given us the best part of 2 months to organise ourselves, its not unfair for the amount of money they plough into football for them to get a say on when the games are played. Friday would have been better but what a way to cure the back to work Monday feeling than looking forward to smashing forest in their back yard.

Yes, Sky have ploughed so much money into football that they've made it so much better for the armchair fan. Get those slippers on JB.

5 hours ago, DcfcJB said:

I give in, I really do. The games has ducking gone 

2 hours ago, DcfcJB said:

At the end of the day are broadcasting games all weekend and thats where they we fit within their schedule. 

If anything they have given derby fans as a whole more opportunity to watch and enjoy the game here are the options... 

1) the match it’s self 

On top of that you have 2 months to organise yourself in a way that allows you to watch the game. 

You are Jeff Stelling and I claim my £5.

2 hours ago, DcfcJB said:

1) the match it’s self 

Derby is an engineering city with 1000's working shifts at places like Rolls Royes, Bombardier and Toyota along with all the smaller companies like the one I work for that support the big companies. And it must be nice to work somewhere that lets as many people book any days off that they need without having a limit. 

5 hours ago, DcfcJB said:

As unpopular as this is going to be, its not unfair. They have given you the best part of 2 months to organise yourself around that and they have given many Derby fans that wouldn't be able to make the game a platform to watch it on. You might not like it but I think its reasonable that sky can chose when to broadcast their games so long as they are paying for the rights to do so. 

It is unfortunate that you will be unable to attend but the same could be said if they moved it to any other time/date across the weekend, some people will always miss out. 

I don't disagree necessarily but the last Monday night game was not enjoyable. Crowd was flat, teams were flat, and it was a really dull game played in a non-existent atmosphere. I doubt the first part of that would have been the same if the game was on a Saturday (whatever time) but if course it doesn't mean to say the second two wouldn't have happened. But if the crowd were up for it, it might have helped the players (and vice versa).

Nothing wrong with Monday night games but not for the big ones. 

Just a thought.

Just wait until next year after we get promoted, we are going to play about 2 games on a Saturday at 3:00.

Porbably get some great Monday night games away at Palace and Southampton, the odd Friday fixture away at Norwich and Cardiff and then maybe a Saturday morning game away at Everton or Arsenal. 

51 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Just wait until next year after we get promoted, we are going to play about 2 games on a Saturday at 3:00.

Porbably get some great Monday night games away at Palace and Southampton, the odd Friday fixture away at Norwich and Cardiff and then maybe a Saturday morning game away at Everton or Arsenal. 

I don't think you've had enough. Pour yourself another drink @MuespachRam

Archived