Forest away moved

WystonRam

Just now, BurtonRam7 said:

I'm a brand now. To change my name to ManchesterRam7 would be like Derby changing to Derwent FC. More accurate based on current location but not the original name of the entity that we've all grown to know and love.

FruityRam is still available

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just putting it out there Monday night games aren't that bad for the vast majority of fans, most are used to rushing back from work for midweek games. Also they have given us the best part of 2 months to organise ourselves, its not unfair for the amount of money they plough into football for them to get a say on when the games are played. Friday would have been better but what a way to cure the back to work Monday feeling than looking forward to smashing forest in their back yard.

9 minutes ago, DcfcJB said:

Just putting it out there Monday night games aren't that bad for the vast majority of fans, most are used to rushing back from work for midweek games. Also they have given us the best part of 2 months to organise ourselves, its not unfair for the amount of money they plough into football for them to get a say on when the games are played. Friday would have been better but what a way to cure the back to work Monday feeling than looking forward to smashing forest in their back yard.

It's unfair to the thousands around Derby like myself that do shift work and will be at work on the Monday night.

2 minutes ago, ossieram said:

It's unfair to the thousands around Derby like myself that do shift work and will be at work on the Monday night.

Same here going to miss this now, but attending  Derby winter beer festival on the Saturday will soften the blow.

2 hours ago, Duracell said:

@BurtonRam7 you were technically correct first time round.

Don’t let the older fans kill your vibe. 

1EAA1BED-D607-4779-8812-F318839AB4E5.png

Just seen this apologies Duracell. Because the four main companies at grouping had their HQ in London it was always termed as ‘You come up to me’ normally with the curly finger.... I’ll get me coat 

As unpopular as this is going to be, its not unfair. They have given you the best part of 2 months to organise yourself around that and they have given many Derby fans that wouldn't be able to make the game a platform to watch it on. You might not like it but I think its reasonable that sky can chose when to broadcast their games so long as they are paying for the rights to do so. 

It is unfortunate that you will be unable to attend but the same could be said if they moved it to any other time/date across the weekend, some people will always miss out. 

2 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-46760669

Police call for weekday only derby matches in Sheffield

My contacts in the Derby constabulary would disagree with this approach - But could just be the Nottingham police having asked for the move? If they thought it created an easier to manage atmosphere at the last game?

Aye this is exactly what I was saying earlier. Didn’t we have zero arrests at our home tie?

Whilst I have no real issue with what happened inn Sheffield, it always was going to have consequences for everyone else 

6 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Thought it was, but Rynny’s proved me wrong again. ?

Literally every duckst fan I knew had "And Forest have smashed 5 against Derby" from the Radio Nottingham commentary as their ringtone for a good while afterwards.

Yet one day it completely disappeared, never to be heard again.

I dunno why!

No idea how duckst came about.

33 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

My contacts in the Derby constabulary would disagree with this approach - But could just be the Nottingham police having asked for the move? If they thought it created an easier to manage atmosphere at the last game?

If you link the trouble to alcohol it makes sense.

By moving a game to a earlier kick off time on a Saturday, all you’re doing is serving vodka on cornflakes. 

We’re Brits, we drink alcohol at airports at 4am because we’re on holiday!

Week games at night, most will just have enough time to get home, changed and eaten before arriving at the ground. 

Not saying it’s right to move the games, but I can understand the thought process behind it.

Sure some will take a day off and make the most of it still, but those numbers would be much smaller than a weekend game. 

10 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Thought it was, but Rynny’s proved me wrong again. ?

Sorry ?

40 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Joke of the day? 

South Yorkshire Police said they had to balance policing matches "while maintaining our high levels of service for the public whom we serve".

3 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Literally every duckst fan I knew had "And Forest have smashed 5 against Derby" from the Radio Nottingham commentary as their ringtone for a good while afterwards.

Yet one day it completely disappeared, never to be heard again.

I dunno why!

No idea how duckst came about.

Was it over shadowed by the Hawaii 5-0 theme ring tune.

Archived