26 game comparison season by season

admira

14 minutes ago, Harrowram said:

Defeats against Bolton,  Rotherham  and Millwall were disappointing and could make the difference between a successful and unsuccessful season. However I can't see us losing to them at home.

You may be right but wins at Norwich and West Brom were equally unexpected given our respective league positions so, it may balance out to an extent. 

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, RamNut said:

So we're in the top 6 for the number of shots per game

and we are the worst of the those 6 in terms of conversion rate

In fact we are 14th in terms of strike efficiency.

Seems to support the point i made really. 

A high percentage of our shots are from outside the area, therefore much more likely to have a lower conversion rate

We’ll get out act together now push on and finish second. We’re yet to put together any sort of winning streak. We usually ‘bottle it’ after xmas / jan but just got a feeling after xmas we’ll kick on. 

The seven games after leeds are all winnable after villa the run of next nine looks relatively easy we’ll win 7 out of 9  

2 hours ago, RamNut said:

So we're in the top 6 for the number of shots per game

and we are the worst of the those 6 in terms of conversion rate

In fact we are 14th in terms of strike efficiency.

Seems to support the point i made really. 

Last season we were ruthlessly efficient though. And that masked our true nature. Once normality kicked in, and we started missing some of the few chances we created (and it’s expected you’ll miss a few, scoring the majority is an anomaly), then we all started realising that we’re actually a bit poo. 

If we keep creating the chances, some of them will fly in. We’re not relying on a deadly Vydra. 

Archived