Ikechi Anya

LB_DCFC

1 hour ago, Zag zig said:

Kind of makes me wonder how he feels? Imagine when one of your family asks in the future, what did you do?

Well I was having a reasonable career, even played for my country, this bloke called Pearson signed me, I played a few times for a few other Managers too but generally got paid a lot of money for doing exercises and keeping fit. Set me up for life though.

Bit sad all round.

The conversation should be a bit different- what job do you do ? Well actually I am employed by a football club! - you are a professional footballer when you actually play 

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Parsnip said:

He probably won't word it like that. He'll probably say something like:

Won the Championship, played in the Premier League, played for my country, scored in a world cup qualifier game, scored in a Euro cup qualifier game, made an absolute fortune...

Sounds alright to me.

To be fair he’s played 311 domestic games and 28 international. Scoring a few goals at all levels. He’s had a decent career, me personally, whatever money he’s earning I’d be real frustrated I’ve not played more.

Dont envy him, just think his football career seems to be ending rather tamely, when as a professional athlete I’d want to play more and do the best I could to fulfill that. From the outside, that doesn’t appear the case but it’s his life choice and yes, you can spin the yarn I put up much more positively.

Still be sad myself how my career seems to be tailing off, each to their own.

good post and what do you for a job

On 04/01/2019 at 15:30, 'Rambe33 said:

Not meaning to open a can of worms but someone told me that he has had loan offers throughout the summer to go but because they wouldn't match his wages didn't move. 

Even made it clear he didn't have to play in Under 23's was happy to train and pick up pay without match action. 

Yes he seems a likeable chap but generally seems not arsed about actually playing football from what I was told. Sad really  

On 12/01/2019 at 12:16, Sparkle said:

The conversation should be a bit different- what job do you do ? Well actually I am employed by a football club! - you are a professional footballer when you actually play 

good post what do you do for a jobg

On 04/01/2019 at 15:30, 'Rambe33 said:

Not meaning to open a can of worms but someone told me that he has had loan offers throughout the summer to go but because they wouldn't match his wages didn't move

He would still be paid the same, we would have top up his wages.

Archived