Ikechi Anya

LB_DCFC

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
10 hours ago, RIMBAUD said:

I would suggest he was an awful signing for us so why would he be better elsewhere?

(Other than the fact that he wouldn't be our player anymore.)

Four year contract on god knows how much a week and I dread to think what fee. About sums up some of the appalling business we have conducted in recent years.

I'm sure he's a great bloke and all that but not at all part of our future, I hope.

7 hours ago, Ramarena said:

I’d say Paul was saying that firmly with tongue in cheek, hoping to convince people he’d be a good signing to get rid of him!

Its not tongue in cheek. I think hes a decent championship level player.

I am not suggesting for a minute we did a good deal to get him, clearly the financials were totally wrong. He has been a victim of this certainly, not being played because of costing extra money etc.

For us its good business for him to go of course it is, and for him.

I actually rate Anya, just don't think he's had a fair crack of the whip. He must have a super high appearance fee (and) or if he plays ex amount of games, we have to pay Watford more money. Thats the only reason I can imagine him not playing at all, because he is a handy player

12 minutes ago, SK47 said:

I actually rate Anya, just don't think he's had a fair crack of the whip. He must have a super high appearance fee (and) or if he plays ex amount of games, we have to pay Watford more money. Thats the only reason I can imagine him not playing at all, because he is a handy player

I agree, I remember him playing for Scotland at left back and being their best player. OK, not saying much but still it does mean there is more there than we saw. His back story is an interesting one as well, he travelled and played his way through so all this suggestion of him somehow getting fat on the contract just doesn't seem to gel with that.

But, in life you are either in or you are out - Anya is clearly out so it's best for all to get him out and give both sides to get on with life without him here.

8 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

I agree, I remember him playing for Scotland at left back and being their best player. OK, not saying much but still it does mean there is more there than we saw. His back story is an interesting one as well, he travelled and played his way through so all this suggestion of him somehow getting fat on the contract just doesn't seem to gel with that.

But, in life you are either in or you are out - Anya is clearly out so it's best for all to get him out and give both sides to get on with life without him here.

Would have to agree with you @BaaLocks 

He has always given 100% whenever he has been called upon. Maybe there is something is these rumours and sadly he is suffering for some poor negotiating on our part. 

I hope he gets a move whether it’s permanent or a loan, no one likes being left out no matter how much you are alleged to be receiving as a salary.  

1 hour ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Would have to agree with you @BaaLocks 

He has always given 100% whenever he has been called upon. Maybe there is something is these rumours and sadly he is suffering for some poor negotiating on our part. 

I hope he gets a move whether it’s permanent or a loan, no one likes being left out no matter how much you are alleged to be receiving as a salary.  

Surely not!

Lampard said Anya and Butterfield have interest but not close to anything, I like how he said it’s up to them to see if they have the desire to go and play football, he doesn’t want them sitting on the club’s wage budget 

18 minutes ago, Topram said:

Lampard said Anya and Butterfield have interest but not close to anything, I like how he said it’s up to them to see if they have the desire to go and play football, he doesn’t want them sitting on the club’s wage budget 

Yep. No mixed messages there. He's telling them both to piss off and find clubs.

5 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Yep. No mixed messages there. He's telling them both to piss off and find clubs.

We’ve had to many given big contracts and just take the p*ss seeing them out, hopefully lessons are learnt now! 

1 hour ago, Topram said:

We’ve had to many given big contracts and just take the p*ss seeing them out, hopefully lessons are learnt now! 

Why is he taking the p derby signed him and gave him the contract he has a right to see it out or they could pay him off.

5 minutes ago, debletina said:

Why is he taking the p derby signed him and gave him the contract he has a right to see it out or they could pay him off.

I’m not saying Anya specifically, its our mistake giving them the long contract big wages etc but when they say they just want to play it’s a short career you’d think they’d want to play football 

3 minutes ago, Topram said:

I’m not saying Anya specifically, its our mistake giving them the long contract big wages etc but when they say they just want to play it’s a short career you’d think they’d want to play football 

Ok if I had 2 years left on my contract at 20k per week and was offered a 3 year contract at 5k I think I know what I would do.

Archived