Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
LB_DCFC

Ikechi Anya

Recommended Posts

Never thought he was that bad a player never to even get on the bench!! Surely someone must agree?

Why not put wisdom back at rb with bogles form/if he needs a rest(though he hasn't done that badly, never back to his playoff season form)

Happy for him to get a move now and off.our books, but still think he could do a good attacking job on our left and maybe exactly what we need right now until others are fit.

Good luck to him and would just like to see him off our books now

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, RIMBAUD said:

I would suggest he was an awful signing for us so why would he be better elsewhere?

(Other than the fact that he wouldn't be our player anymore.)

Four year contract on god knows how much a week and I dread to think what fee. About sums up some of the appalling business we have conducted in recent years.

I'm sure he's a great bloke and all that but not at all part of our future, I hope.

I’d say Paul was saying that firmly with tongue in cheek, hoping to convince people he’d be a good signing to get rid of him!

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

I’d say Paul was saying that firmly with tongue in cheek, hoping to convince people he’d be a good signing to get rid of him!

phew... feels like a big clear out might be starting.

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, RIMBAUD said:

I would suggest he was an awful signing for us so why would he be better elsewhere?

(Other than the fact that he wouldn't be our player anymore.)

Four year contract on god knows how much a week and I dread to think what fee. About sums up some of the appalling business we have conducted in recent years.

I'm sure he's a great bloke and all that but not at all part of our future, I hope.

 

7 hours ago, Ramarena said:

I’d say Paul was saying that firmly with tongue in cheek, hoping to convince people he’d be a good signing to get rid of him!

Its not tongue in cheek. I think hes a decent championship level player.

I am not suggesting for a minute we did a good deal to get him, clearly the financials were totally wrong. He has been a victim of this certainly, not being played because of costing extra money etc.

For us its good business for him to go of course it is, and for him.

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, Topram said:

They can only pay 10k I bet he’s on 20/25k 

Still makes us 10k a month better off. Alternatively he could just stay where he is a we pay the speculative 20/25k

Share this post


Link to post

I actually rate Anya, just don't think he's had a fair crack of the whip. He must have a super high appearance fee (and) or if he plays ex amount of games, we have to pay Watford more money. Thats the only reason I can imagine him not playing at all, because he is a handy player

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, BathRam72 said:

Still makes us 10k a month better off. Alternatively he could just stay where he is a we pay the speculative 20/25k

Excatly I don’t see many others coming in for him 

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, SK47 said:

I actually rate Anya, just don't think he's had a fair crack of the whip. He must have a super high appearance fee (and) or if he plays ex amount of games, we have to pay Watford more money. Thats the only reason I can imagine him not playing at all, because he is a handy player

I agree, I remember him playing for Scotland at left back and being their best player. OK, not saying much but still it does mean there is more there than we saw. His back story is an interesting one as well, he travelled and played his way through so all this suggestion of him somehow getting fat on the contract just doesn't seem to gel with that.

But, in life you are either in or you are out - Anya is clearly out so it's best for all to get him out and give both sides to get on with life without him here.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

I agree, I remember him playing for Scotland at left back and being their best player. OK, not saying much but still it does mean there is more there than we saw. His back story is an interesting one as well, he travelled and played his way through so all this suggestion of him somehow getting fat on the contract just doesn't seem to gel with that.

But, in life you are either in or you are out - Anya is clearly out so it's best for all to get him out and give both sides to get on with life without him here.

Would have to agree with you @BaaLocks 

He has always given 100% whenever he has been called upon. Maybe there is something is these rumours and sadly he is suffering for some poor negotiating on our part. 

I hope he gets a move whether it’s permanent or a loan, no one likes being left out no matter how much you are alleged to be receiving as a salary.  

Edited by Ted McMinn Football Genius

Share this post


Link to post

Not about in/out.     Just that we have to pay whoever we bought him from more money if we play him ??  Not his fault...….. or Thornes...…... that they have been in this stupid position.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.