Ikechi Anya

LB_DCFC

Not meaning to open a can of worms but someone told me that he has had loan offers throughout the summer to go but because they wouldn't match his wages didn't move. 

Even made it clear he didn't have to play in Under 23's was happy to train and pick up pay without match action. 

Yes he seems a likeable chap but generally seems not arsed about actually playing football from what I was told. Sad really  

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, 'Rambe33 said:

Not meaning to open a can of worms but someone told me that he has had loan offers throughout the summer to go but because they wouldn't match his wages didn't move. 

Even made it clear he didn't have to play in Under 23's was happy to train and pick up pay without match action. 

Yes he seems a likeable chap but generally seems not arsed about actually playing football from what I was told. Sad really  

I think it was on twitter (think, not sure) there was something a little while ago along the lines of "you guys have ruined a good player, he doesn't want to play for scotland or nothing anymore" seeming to indicate he's given up on the game due to his not playing situation and the reality he'd be far richer just doing what he's doing now than finding a new club. I think he's very church orientated as well which i would've thought would've been all protestant work ethic.

25 minutes ago, 'Rambe33 said:

If there were loan offers he would get 100% of his wages regardless so not sure how true this is

2 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I think it was on twitter (think, not sure) there was something a little while ago along the lines of "you guys have ruined a good player, he doesn't want to play for scotland or nothing anymore" seeming to indicate he's given up on the game due to his not playing situation and the reality he'd be far richer just doing what he's doing now than finding a new club. I think he's very church orientated as well which i would've thought would've been all protestant work ethic.

His attitude while in the 23's has always looked good to me.

There's no doubt he's a very intelligent man too, I think I read somewhere he's likely to take his bar exam at some point and become a fully qualified solicitor/lawyer.

It seems to me he's one of those players who realise you're a long time retired as a footballer, and has started looking to a future outside the game, and possibly doesn't want to jeopardize that future by making another wrong move, like he must feel joining us was.

It's a shame, I still feel he could offer us a viable option even as back up, but I don't blame a man for putting his whole future ahead of a temporary commitment to an employer who's not exactly welcomed him into the ranks since he joined.

40 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

It's a shame, I still feel he could offer us a viable option even as back up, but I don't blame a man for putting his whole future ahead of a temporary commitment to an employer who's not exactly welcomed him into the ranks since he joined.

Pearson totally failed and he never seemed to really fit anytime after that, it must be disheartening, I recall mac2 didn't rate him then rowett only as a last resort. £4m was to much and the wrong player at wrong time for the wrong reasons (no one wanted to sign for Pearson that summer and he spent his whole time trying to get rid of the previous three seasons top scorer, so needed numbers in and he's a bit quick...)

17 minutes ago, DJFern94 said:

Hate to say it, but I can honestly see Anya just sitting out his contract and never playing football again. 

Kind of makes me wonder how he feels? Imagine when one of your family asks in the future, what did you do?

Well I was having a reasonable career, even played for my country, this bloke called Pearson signed me, I played a few times for a few other Managers too but generally got paid a lot of money for doing exercises and keeping fit. Set me up for life though.

Bit sad all round.

9 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Kind of makes me wonder how he feels? Imagine when one of your family asks in the future, what did you do?

Well I was having a reasonable career, even played for my country, this bloke called Pearson signed me, I played a few times for a few other Managers too but generally got paid a lot of money for doing exercises and keeping fit. Set me up for life though.

Bit sad all round.

He probably won't word it like that. He'll probably say something like:

Won the Championship, played in the Premier League, played for my country, scored in a world cup qualifier game, scored in a Euro cup qualifier game, made an absolute fortune...

Sounds alright to me.

58 minutes ago, DJFern94 said:

Hate to say it, but I can honestly see Anya just sitting out his contract and never playing football again. 

Up to him. He can go and play somewhere if he wants. If he chooses not to play again for financial or whatever reason then that's his choice. Rather than bemoaning where he's at, I'd say he's found himself in a highly enviable situation. 

Archived