Ikechi Anya

LB_DCFC

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They can only sign him on loan. 18 months left on contract. So only a temporary thing. Plus they can only pay £10k a week of his wages. Bet he's on more than that given the fee we paid for him and that he came from the Prem. So we'll be making up the difference

Think his wages are more than they can pay, would hold out for someone who’ll take him permanently or at least pay all his wages. He’s not a bad player but he’s got no role anymore, doesn’t really have enough quality. Poor transfer really, too big a fee and too long a contract for someone his age.

Any contribution towards his wages would be better than nothing?

He’s not playing at all, I could use him for a few days and pay something to the club.?

I hope he’s not lost his desire to play regularly and not just prepared to sit out his deal.

But I guess it’s his prerogative, nobody forced Derby to sign him?

15 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Anya would be a good signing for almost any championship team. 

I would suggest he was an awful signing for us so why would he be better elsewhere?

(Other than the fact that he wouldn't be our player anymore.)

Four year contract on god knows how much a week and I dread to think what fee. About sums up some of the appalling business we have conducted in recent years.

I'm sure he's a great bloke and all that but not at all part of our future, I hope.

Never thought he was that bad a player never to even get on the bench!! Surely someone must agree?

Why not put wisdom back at rb with bogles form/if he needs a rest(though he hasn't done that badly, never back to his playoff season form)

Happy for him to get a move now and off.our books, but still think he could do a good attacking job on our left and maybe exactly what we need right now until others are fit.

Good luck to him and would just like to see him off our books now

2 hours ago, RIMBAUD said:

I would suggest he was an awful signing for us so why would he be better elsewhere?

(Other than the fact that he wouldn't be our player anymore.)

Four year contract on god knows how much a week and I dread to think what fee. About sums up some of the appalling business we have conducted in recent years.

I'm sure he's a great bloke and all that but not at all part of our future, I hope.

I’d say Paul was saying that firmly with tongue in cheek, hoping to convince people he’d be a good signing to get rid of him!

Archived