Sign in to follow this  
LB_DCFC

Ikechi Anya

They can only sign him on loan. 18 months left on contract. So only a temporary thing. Plus they can only pay £10k a week of his wages. Bet he's on more than that given the fee we paid for him and that he came from the Prem. So we'll be making up the difference

1 minute ago, Inglorius said:

If you could only sign one player on loan for the rest of the season surely you'd choose someone other then Anya.... 

They can only pay 10k I bet he’s on 20/25k 

1 minute ago, Topram said:

They can only pay 10k I bet he’s on 20/25k 

And the rest. I can think of a hundred better players you could get on loan if you were only allowed one player in.

Think his wages are more than they can pay, would hold out for someone who’ll take him permanently or at least pay all his wages. He’s not a bad player but he’s got no role anymore, doesn’t really have enough quality. Poor transfer really, too big a fee and too long a contract for someone his age.

Any contribution towards his wages would be better than nothing?

He’s not playing at all, I could use him for a few days and pay something to the club.😃

I hope he’s not lost his desire to play regularly and not just prepared to sit out his deal.

But I guess it’s his prerogative, nobody forced Derby to sign him?

15 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Anya would be a good signing for almost any championship team. 

I would suggest he was an awful signing for us so why would he be better elsewhere?

(Other than the fact that he wouldn't be our player anymore.)

Four year contract on god knows how much a week and I dread to think what fee. About sums up some of the appalling business we have conducted in recent years.

I'm sure he's a great bloke and all that but not at all part of our future, I hope.