Sign in to follow this  
Animal is a Ram

George Thorne - Joined Luton Town on loan

It’s been on the cards I know but when reality strikes it is unbelievable really. 6 years ago future England star, a major coup when we (finally) signed him. Just shows how luck can deal you a sh!tting stick. Good luck George. 

He is a real talent, more talented in terms of keeping play moving and playing it on the ground than any of our current midfielders. I hope it works out for him and he comes back with match fitness to build on. 

2 hours ago, Topram said:

Been sat on a good wedge for a few years gets all the love poor old Keogh should be hoping for a long term injury will be easier on him 🤣

Really strange post.

If GT has not been playing due to him slacking then fair point.

If it's due to the fact he has failed to recover from a career threatening challenge then I think it's a bit harsh. 

Nephew the hatter fan has promised me detailed match reports ... baptism of fire on Saturday away to Sunderland ... talk about a a big introduction 

13 minutes ago, jono said:

Nephew the hatter fan has promised me detailed match reports ... baptism of fire on Saturday away to Sunderland ... talk about a a big introduction 

That would have been one of his last few games? That horrendous 4-1 defeat at home?

8 hours ago, oomarkwright said:

Still blame that pratt Wassall for playing him in that meaningless league game against Ipswich when we were already playing Hull in the play offs! 😠

Wassall’s reasoning was ok but the challenge was utterly dreadful - yes we could and probably should have rested many for that meaningless game but we didn’t and I am sure we wouldn’t have lost that first game against hull never mind 0-3 without that injury and who knows we may even have won the play offs but that’s football and derby county luck 

39 minutes ago, RamontheMoor said:

Reckon GT might be a bit annoyed now as Luton's manager looks like he's going to Stoke.......

I'll be surprised if he goes there. He's got his team in with a decent chance of promotion and playing attractive football.

5 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

I'll be surprised if he goes there. He's got his team in with a decent chance of promotion and playing attractive football.

He'd probably 4x his salary going to Stoke. Big risk though to take on all those Premier league egos. Big risk for Stoke too, only in his first managerial job. For both those reasons I suspect he won't be the one. 

Looks like the Luton manager will be announced as the new snake city manager today - it’s never simple being George Thorne is it 

just a quick thought - maybe the new manager will send us some stoke city money for him at some point?

44 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Looks like the Luton manager will be announced as the new snake city manager today - it’s never simple being George Thorne is it 

just a quick thought - maybe the new manager will send us some stoke city money for him at some point?

If the latest reports are correct then that's Stoke shelling out another million in compo. They'll soon need an annual transfer AND manager compensation budget - couldn't happen to a better club and set of fans.