New Contracts

cheron85

Best case (my opinion) 

Roos gets a contract to be number 1- he continues to prove his worth for a few years 

Carson settles into a role as the best backup until his playing career comes to a close. He can work on his coaching credentials  along the way.

Whether it’s Roos or another keeper on the team, having Carson push them week in week out will make for a solid shot stopping department. 

To note: love Carson. But im ok with that spot being earned by someone else...as of today, Roos has earned that spot. 

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scott is capable of another 2 or 3 years of first team football yet.

the problem is, surrounded by all these fresh faced sprogs, he looks a bit like a Dad at a disco 

It might be time for him to go somewhere like Birmingham

It's brilliant to see Kelle Roos get a run of games. I've been speaking out in support of him and singing his praises for years. But I think Scott Carson is the better keeper and will regain his place at some stage when fit. But if these are our two next season, the one not playing in league matches should play in both cups.

It may be Roos has already been offered a new contract. It may be Derby have an option for an extension the club can activate. It may be Kelle has decided he wants to focus on his football now he's in the team and not have distractions of contract negotiations. Or perhaps Roos wants guarantees of first team football before signing (which would be understandable after so long in the shadows) and the club isn't prepared to offer them at this point.

Whatever's going on, I'm pleased he's had a chance and shown we didn't need to sign someone else to be backup to Carson. Love him to keep clean sheets from now through to the end of the campaign!

Regarding Roos, he has been playing brilliantly recently. Although at this current moment he has earned the number 1 spot, i'm not sure right now we can guarantee him that next season. His recent performances probably mean that in the summer he is sure to be snapped up by at least a league one club on a free to be a number 1. I also saw we were linked to another keeper today. If Kelle is more motivated by playing first team minutes and being a number one, rather than a number 2 at a bigger club, he could well being refusing to sign a contract with us in the hope of getting the former next season. 

15 minutes ago, Shuff264 said:

Contract negotiations quite simple for Roos, make me first choice or I'm off. 

I'm sure plenty of championship and league 1 clubs need a good young keeper 

Doesn't need to be in the English leagues either. I'm sure plenty of European clubs would be interested too. And unlike most of our squad, he'll still be able to ply his trade in Europe next season. 

32 minutes ago, Shuff264 said:

Contract negotiations quite simple for Roos, make me first choice or I'm off. 

I'm sure plenty of championship and league 1 clubs need a good young keeper 

wouldn't want to lose him for nothing.  I guess you can't insist on always being a starter though so I guess all we can offer is a substantial pay rise

Archived