Sign in to follow this  
cheron85

New Contracts

Just now, NottsRam77 said:

I’m a bit lost with all this tbh 

my intialy thoughts were that come this summer up to 10 odd players a lot of which are on big deals wage wise we’re due to leave us 

am I missing a huge trick in assuming that gives us wriggle room in the market in terms of adding back onto the wage bill or have some of those huge overtop transfer fees really buggered us ?

No one knows for sure. It used to be easier to have a educated guess, but not now.

There does seem to be the impression that the club have been overly optimistic in valuing players, based on assumption, but if they haven't things might be better than we think.

Maybe we could do what Mel suggested and buy Bucko back for £50m, while Burton stump up the same for Johnson!

12 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

No one knows for sure. It used to be easier to have a educated guess, but not now.

There does seem to be the impression that the club have been overly optimistic in valuing players, based on assumption, but if they haven't things might be better than we think.

Maybe we could do what Mel suggested and buy Bucko back for £50m, while Burton stump up the same for Johnson!

I’d pay 50m for bucko 

#mancrush

lol

51 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

I’d pay 50m for bucko 

#mancrush

lol

I'm hoping when he calls it a day he'll start up a gardening round in Nottm.

He'll use a scythe instead of a lawnmower, naturally, and be topless and sweaty while he works.

I'll offer him a cup of refreshing Lemon tea, and he'll knock the glass from hand with disdain, and demand a brown liquid with a foamy head.

"Pansy", he'll shout, while showing me the latest shoot pushing up from the Bucko border.

1 hour ago, NottsRam77 said:

my intialy thoughts were that come this summer up to 10 odd players a lot of which are on big deals wage wise we’re due to leave us 

am I missing a huge trick in assuming that gives us wriggle room in the market in terms of adding back onto the wage bill or have some of those huge overtop transfer fees really buggered us ?

I would assume that if we were screwed financially with no wriggle room surely we wouldn't be offering 38 year old Ashley Cole any amount of money a week, let alone 15k a week if that is the case.

1 hour ago, NottsRam77 said:

If it was my money I would cut back a bit on the wage bill rather than splashing out again. 

32 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I would assume that if we were screwed financially with no wriggle room surely we wouldn't be offering 38 year old Ashley Cole any amount of money a week, let alone 15k a week if that is the case.

I think we are getting players out on loan in order to free up wages to fund our offer to Cole.

ultimately championship clubs operating within FFP can only fund transfers through sales. Our wage bill has become inflated and needs to shrink back, otherwise that also has to be subsidised through sales. The need for sales is undermining whatever progress we might make. 

We are going to become more financially sustainable, but that doesn't mean we can suddenly afford big fees. 

7 minutes ago, RamNut said:

I think we are getting players out on loan in order to free up wages to fund our offer to Cole.

ultimately championship clubs operating within FFP can only fund transfers through sales. Our wage bill has become inflated and needs to shrink back, otherwise that also has to be subsidised through sales. The need for sales is undermining whatever progress we might make. 

We are going to become more financially sustainable, but that doesn't mean we can suddenly afford big fees. 

I think this is the bit the wider public don't get.

Take the interview Frank did with BT after the Southampton game.

They finished off by wishing him luck prising Mel's wallet open for the window, not realising that he's already funding us to the maximum allowed under the rules!

If the rules where different, maybe he would dig down the sofa for more change, maybe he wouldn't, but at this moment in time his hands are tied, and we have to wheel and deal within those limits.

21 hours ago, reveldevil said:

I'm hoping when he calls it a day he'll start up a gardening round in Nottm.

He'll use a scythe instead of a lawnmower, naturally, and be topless and sweaty while he works.

I'll offer him a cup of refreshing Lemon tea, and he'll knock the glass from hand with disdain, and demand a brown liquid with a foamy head.

"Pansy", he'll shout, while showing me the latest shoot pushing up from the Bucko border.

Can I like this more than once lol

Brilliant 

hey your not the only one hoping lol

On 03/01/2019 at 12:11, cheron85 said:

Anyone heard any rumours on the contract situations of the guys out of contract at the end of the season?

By my reckoning it should be:

Huddlestone (option to extend for a year)

Bryson

Johnson

Butterfield (seems to be off)

Ledley

Pearce

Nugent

Olsson

Roos

Was trying to find out about this today. I would imagine the club will extend Huddlestone for a year, maybe Bryson another year or two probably on reduced terms and Roos is doing a good job recently ( will be relatively cheap ).

Expect the club will also try and move on Anya , Martin and Thorne ( Depending on how he gets on at Luton ) .

Along with the loan players returning I expect this will give Frank a bit more scope in the summer.

19 minutes ago, ram1964 said:

Hudds  another yr

Roos  new contract

Pearce  extension 

Bryson another yr.

can't see any reason to keep anyone else,Bryson and Pearce offered less money .

Doubt Pearce will be offered a new deal. He asked to go out on loan so he can get games, it's not like he is going to become 1st choice over the summer.