New Contracts

cheron85

21 hours ago, reveldevil said:

I'm hoping when he calls it a day he'll start up a gardening round in Nottm.

He'll use a scythe instead of a lawnmower, naturally, and be topless and sweaty while he works.

I'll offer him a cup of refreshing Lemon tea, and he'll knock the glass from hand with disdain, and demand a brown liquid with a foamy head.

"Pansy", he'll shout, while showing me the latest shoot pushing up from the Bucko border.

Can I like this more than once lol

Brilliant 

hey your not the only one hoping lol

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 03/01/2019 at 12:11, cheron85 said:

Anyone heard any rumours on the contract situations of the guys out of contract at the end of the season?

By my reckoning it should be:

Huddlestone (option to extend for a year)

Bryson

Johnson

Butterfield (seems to be off)

Ledley

Pearce

Nugent

Olsson

Roos

Was trying to find out about this today. I would imagine the club will extend Huddlestone for a year, maybe Bryson another year or two probably on reduced terms and Roos is doing a good job recently ( will be relatively cheap ).

Expect the club will also try and move on Anya , Martin and Thorne ( Depending on how he gets on at Luton ) .

Along with the loan players returning I expect this will give Frank a bit more scope in the summer.

19 minutes ago, ram1964 said:

Hudds  another yr

Roos  new contract

Pearce  extension 

Bryson another yr.

can't see any reason to keep anyone else,Bryson and Pearce offered less money .

Doubt Pearce will be offered a new deal. He asked to go out on loan so he can get games, it's not like he is going to become 1st choice over the summer. 

4 hours ago, rynny said:

Doubt Pearce will be offered a new deal. He asked to go out on loan so he can get games, it's not like he is going to become 1st choice over the summer. 

Fair point ,would certainly be useful to have behind the scenes if we needed him.Sure we could offer him a reduced contract 

1 hour ago, ram1964 said:

Fair point ,would certainly be useful to have behind the scenes if we needed him.Sure we could offer him a reduced contract 

I reckon Pearce is on a surprising around to be honest. 

He signed his last contract at Reading whilst they were in the Premier League and six months after he was a title winning captain and we gave him a better deal than Reading were offering when we signed him on a free. 

Kelle Roos has been offered a new contract some time ago, but he hasn't decided yet weather he wants to renew it.

"TOEKOMSTPLANNEN

Het contract van de Brabander loopt aan het einde van dit seizoen af. Hij weet nog niet waar hij komend jaar actief zal zijn. "Derby County heeft me een nieuw aanbod gedaan en de club wil graag dat ik blijf. Samen met mijn zaakwaarnemer houd ik echter wel alle opties open. Ik zit bij een fantastische club en heb de aanbieding momenteel in beraad. Binnenkort moet ik de keuze gaan maken wat voor mijn ontwikkeling de beste stap is. Als ik vertrek, moet ik wel minuten gaan maken bij een eventuele nieuwe club. We bekijken eerst rustig alle mogelijkheden in binnen- en buitenland."

FUTURE PLANS
The contract of the Brabander expires at the end of this season. He does not know yet, where he will be active next year. "Derby County has made me a new offer and the club would like me to stay. Together with my agent I am keeping all the options open. I am at the fantastic club and I am currently considering the offer. Shortly, I will have to make a decision what is the best step for my development. If I leave, I will need to get playing time at the new club. We are looking calmly at all the possibilities at home and abroad. "

Source:

http://www.elfvoetbal.nl/article/275165/Interview-Kelle-Roos-Met-Derby-County-naar-de-Premier-League?utm_source=RSS&utm_medium=RSS&utm_campaign=RSS ELF Voetbal

For me I would offer Bryso, Roos and Pearce (if in champ) new deals.

Bryso for me is worth it because he knows the club and still has alot to offer. Players such as these are crucial regardless of league. Look at the likes of Bournemouth, Leicester etc, they keep certain players that get the club as the benefits are worth it. Said it time and time again, its not all about having the technically best 11 or 16 in a squad. A decent football squad doesnt work like that.

Roos has proven he can perform. Dont think he will stay though. He wont imho dislodge Carson in either league we are in next season and cant blame him for wanting first team football at his age. Mitchell is a few years behind Roos and will become backup. Think we rated him a couple of seasons ago.

Pearce. Strange one. Probably will go as will want first team football.

Clearly all the others, apart from Huddlestone, have offered nothing this season so will be let go. Thats pretty obvious and doesnt really need discussing.

On 17/02/2019 at 09:08, Rampant said:

Get Roos signed up sharpish. He's clearly good enough and could be our #1 for many years given his age.

I see no reason why he shouldn't remain our number one for the rest of the season and then go into next season as that. He's growing with each game he plays. He is calm and has the stature of a top quality keeper. Some of the positions he takes up when making a save have really impressed me. They have been perfect and sometimes no matter what you do the ball ends up in the net. That inspires confidence. 

This save for example. 

Roos now has an opportunity here, but will kick himself if he starts next season as number two. Its probably easier for another club to convince him that he would be no1. Big decision. 

At least he finally made the grade. 

Not so sure about mitchell. 

Archived