Vets Bills

1 hour ago, StivePesley said:

That big vets on Pride Park is the worst - just a haven of thievery. I'm sure there are plenty of others like it.

Indeed. Certain large corporate vets totally exploit the fact that we love and care for our pets, and animal lovers tend not to want to take risks when it comes to their pet's health. So they say "your pet NEEDS this treatment/medication" and your instinct is to say OK

Now imagine if that was your child? Everyone of us has to fight to save our NHS

The different tiers of insurance annoy me. I’ve got the highest reír now, whichprettty much covers for anything. But the middle tier covers your pet for one condition for a year. So after the year is up, if it’s an ongoing condition and you can’t afford the treatment, you have to make the conscious decision to say ‘nope, love you to bits cat,  but the vet just put a price on your life, and it’s a price I can’t afford, so it’s off to the big farm in the sky for you.’

Must be horrible to live without the nhs and have to make similar decisions about humans. 

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used to get flea treatment  and worming tablets, for my dog Hector,  from Scarsdale but the costs are extortionate. I shopped around and you can get comparable flea treatment from Poundland (as Boycie said) and I get worming tablets from Wilkos- all at a fraction of the price. My dog’s insurance is £20 pm with Animals Friends insurance which I think is reasonable as it has no restriction on visits but has a cap of £7k on each condition treated.

2 hours ago, Bigfella said:

I used to get flea treatment  and worming tablets, for my dog Hector,  from Scarsdale but the costs are extortionate. I shopped around and you can get comparable flea treatment from Poundland (as Boycie said) and I get worming tablets from Wilkos- all at a fraction of the price. My dog’s insurance is £20 pm with Animals Friends insurance which I think is reasonable as it has no restriction on visits but has a cap of £7k on each condition treated.

By the look of the Basingstoke Wilkos, you'd be more likely to get worms.....?

Archived