Jump to content

NFL 2019 Season


David
 Share

Recommended Posts

This is the biggest choke I’ve seen since 2005 when my brother and I played Madden NFL.

As the Eagles, he went 16-0 in the regular season and cruised through the post-season. Winning the Super Bowl was supposed to be his crowning moment. Unbearably smug he was, running around the room screaming ‘Get those t-shirts printed!’

While I - as the Patriots -  got battered from pillar to post early in the season, somehow clawed my way into the post season and then to the Super Bowl to be the ‘sacrificial lamb’.

Wanna see my ring? 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Kyle Shanahan, 2016 season (OC); 18 point lead going into the 4th quarter of the SB. Lost.

2019 season; 10 point lead going into the 4th quarter of the SB. Lost. Oof.


Didn't watch the game mind, will watch it back sometime this week. Happy for Andy Reid, is that his first SB? He seems (cos you never really know nowadays) like one of the good guys.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SaintRam said:

Kyle Shanahan, 2016 season (OC); 18 point lead going into the 4th quarter of the SB. Lost.

2019 season; 10 point lead going into the 4th quarter of the SB. Lost. Oof.


Didn't watch the game mind, will watch it back sometime this week. Happy for Andy Reid, is that his first SB? He seems (cos you never really know nowadays) like one of the good guys.

Yeah it’s Reids first Super Bowl. He deserves it for his record as a coach.

i got to half time and went to bed...no stamina.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Went to bed at 10-10, just before 1am sat there staring at the screen even as a neutral unable to even care about picking a team to get behind for the night.

Been a crap season, more deflating than the Patriots balls, paying over £100 to watch Mason flipping Rudolph and Duck Hodges Chuckle Brothers impersonation. With no picks till the 4th round and question marks over Big Ben’s return it’s going to be a long wait for September 2021 😫

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, David said:

Went to bed at 10-10, just before 1am sat there staring at the screen even as a neutral unable to even care about picking a team to get behind for the night.

Been a crap season, more deflating than the Patriots balls, paying over £100 to watch Mason flipping Rudolph and Duck Hodges Chuckle Brothers impersonation. With no picks till the 4th round and question marks over Big Ben’s return it’s going to be a long wait for September 2021 😫

I feel that.

I pay for gamepass every year because I hate not watching Saints games - but due to really struggling to get into NFL when the Saints aren't involved I will almost always end the season feeling like I've wasted it to some degree. Obviously, this year and the last couple (regular seasons) have been superb so I can't moan - but before that it was rough and also I feel like the play-offs are mostly what I'm paying for and I end up hardly watching any of it 😄 

At some point our regular seasons are probably gonna get poo again too; cos that's how the NFL is - at that point it starts getting really tricky to justify.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I really enjoyed the game - it was an imperfect game for a number of reasons which allowed for it to be a better spectacle. It was even more enjoyable for the fact that Chiefs won and Big Red got his ring! 

I hope the Niners have a really bad Super Bowl hangover and fade away back in to their obscurity, probably won't, but we can only hope.  I'm still really in my infancy of getting into the sport so really enjoy games - regardless of whether the Rams are part of it or not!  

I'm feeling it today though! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Mr Tibbs said:

They need to make the Monday after Super Bowl Sunday a public holiday in the US because today absolutely sucked.
 

Well done Chiefs. Now to watch the second half again as I have no recollection of it. 

Other than tradition, it makes literally no sense why it isn't on the Saturday.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Srg said:

Other than tradition, it makes literally no sense why it isn't on the Saturday.

I think I read somewhere that they'd done research a couple of times and found that the TV audience was way bigger on Sunday nights than it would be on Saturday nights.
The additional foreign audience (that don't already take time off to watch) would not make-up for the loss of US audience who only actually watch the Superbowl because its the only thing to do.

Something like that, anyway.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

I think I read somewhere that they'd done research a couple of times and found that the TV audience was way bigger on Sunday nights than it would be on Saturday nights.
The additional foreign audience (that don't already take time off to watch) would not make-up for the loss of US audience who only actually watch the Superbowl because its the only thing to do.

Something like that, anyway.

Think of the national productivity levels though! Must be so many holidays, sick days and people who turn up and do nothing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Srg said:

Think of the national productivity levels though! Must be so many holidays, sick days and people who turn up and do nothing.

Only the latter I suspect; the US is a bit backwards when it comes to holidays and sick days.

And while you're absolutely right; I'm not sure the NFL gives a crap about that - they want to maximise their money and that's literally all they care about. They'd make the ball a giant foam cube if it would double their profits.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, SaintRam said:

Only the latter I suspect; the US is a bit backwards when it comes to holidays and sick days.

And while you're absolutely right; I'm not sure the NFL gives a crap about that - they want to maximise their money and that's literally all they care about. They'd make the ball a giant foam cube if it would double their profits.

Don't they have double the amount of public holidays we have as well??

If it was against other teams that 4th quarter performance would have me seething til the middle of next week, but as it was the Chiefs and their coach & QB are so likable, it's been easier to take.  Highlight of the evening was having my tweet read out on BBC coverage, even if it did turn out to be completely wrong...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

Don't they have double the amount of public holidays we have as well??

If it was against other teams that 4th quarter performance would have me seething til the middle of next week, but as it was the Chiefs and their coach & QB are so likable, it's been easier to take.  Highlight of the evening was having my tweet read out on BBC coverage, even if it did turn out to be completely wrong...

They have 10 public holidays; we have 8. 

As far as I'm aware, could vary by state of course, workers are not entitled to any paid holiday either; its at the digression of employers. But it averages 10 per year. Some of them just choose to pay their workers for the public holiday days and offer nothing else. Some do neither.

Similarly, only in a limited number of states and cities (outside of those states) are entitled to paid sick leave. All of the places that do have entitlement to it are different, but most are stingy. 

Sure one of the Americans on here can offer more informed input if I'm missing the mark.

Edited by SaintRam
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SaintRam said:

They have 10 public holidays; we have 8. 

As far as I'm aware, could vary by state of course, workers are not entitled to any paid holiday either; its at the digression of employers. But it averages 10 per year. Some of them just choose to pay their workers for the public holiday days and offer nothing else. Some do neither.

Similarly, only in a limited number of states and cities (outside of those states) are entitled to paid sick leave. All of the places that do have entitlement to it are different, but most are stingy. 

Sure one of the Americans on here can offer more informed input if I'm missing the mark.

Very strange bunch them Yanks...  Actively complaining about Shakira & J-Lo's appearance at half time.  I've re-watched several times to try and understand their points, but can't see anything untoward...

Flirty Reaction GIF

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.