Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
David

NFL 2019 Season

Recommended Posts

Rams have made their first move of the off season...

Rumours that Gary Rowett was part of the front office when getting this deal over the line are yet to be confirmed. We know how much he likes signing veterans to the Rams. 

It seems like a good fit, but a 34 year old safety raises red flags to me. He was at least more productive than Joyner last season, so hopefully he can keep at that level. I'm sure Johnson will only get better. 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Rams have made their first move of the off season...

Rumours that Gary Rowett was part of the front office when getting this deal over the line are yet to be confirmed. We know how much he likes signing veterans to the Rams. 

It seems like a good fit, but a 34 year old safety raises red flags to me. He was at least more productive than Joyner last season, so hopefully he can keep at that level. I'm sure Johnson will only get better. 

Would have taken Weddle at the Vikings even at 34.

Share this post


Link to post
22 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

@David mate has finally found his new home....

37E75DB3-7662-4FD0-863D-E3E1DB2647CA.jpeg

I want to say I’m glad it’s over but will wait until it’s gone through. Steelers local press are running stories they could still back out, unlikely but given how this has played out nothing would surprise me now.

3rd and 5th for the best WR shows how much he tanked his value on social media, his Bills reaction reportedly turned a couple more teams off.

Are the Raiders much better than the Bills? 

Wonder what’s happened to the 49ers painting he had done. What a tool.

Share this post


Link to post
On 09/03/2019 at 02:41, Ambitious said:

Rams have made their first move of the off season...

Rumours that Gary Rowett was part of the front office when getting this deal over the line are yet to be confirmed. We know how much he likes signing veterans to the Rams. 

It seems like a good fit, but a 34 year old safety raises red flags to me. He was at least more productive than Joyner last season, so hopefully he can keep at that level. I'm sure Johnson will only get better. 

Excellent pre-snap, good at getting everyone where they need to be and disguising looks... last season, however, as soon as the ball was snapped he was really lacking. Athleticism and speed had gone. His production from 2 years ago to last year fell off a cliff. And that's in our very good defense.

Share this post


Link to post

Met Tyrann Mathieu while I was in NOLA - Soon after my return to England I see that he's gotten a monster deal at the Chiefs. Fair play to him. Good money and good chance at a ring.

Share this post


Link to post

So we have now lost Suggs and CJ Moseley too, to add to Weddle.

Weddle and Suggs were good leaders and very smart, but their skills were both majorly on the decline and we can easily upgrade their talent level as things stand. It remains to be seen how big of an effect the intangibles will have. Overall, it's a shame Suggs couldn't have finished his career here but i don't expect him to do much in Arizona. 

Moseley will be a miss as he is the shot-caller of the defense and is in his prime. There are a couple of comforts to him leaving... firstly $17m per year is absolutely insane and isn't worth it for what skillset he has. Secondly, that skillset limits him to being primarily a run stuffer, which is isn't too sort after in the game these days and he has always been spotty in coverage at best. Again, replaceable for that price, as much as I'd have kept him. We do have a couple of good young linebackers behind him, but expect us to try finding another either in FA or the draft.

De Costa certainly hasn't had an easy start to being GM, but these are headline losses without necessarily being too impactful overall - other than CJ. I expect us to be in on Amos (hails from Baltimore) or Tayshaun Gipson at safety, and maybe a very un-Ravenlike splashy move for Le'Veon Bell, who would massively help out Lamar Jackson and prove Bell a chance to have a go at the Steelers twice a year.

Share this post


Link to post
34 minutes ago, Srg said:

So we have now lost Suggs and CJ Moseley too, to add to Weddle.

Weddle and Suggs were good leaders and very smart, but their skills were both majorly on the decline and we can easily upgrade their talent level as things stand. It remains to be seen how big of an effect the intangibles will have. Overall, it's a shame Suggs couldn't have finished his career here but i don't expect him to do much in Arizona. 

Moseley will be a miss as he is the shot-caller of the defense and is in his prime. There are a couple of comforts to him leaving... firstly $17m per year is absolutely insane and isn't worth it for what skillset he has. Secondly, that skillset limits him to being primarily a run stuffer, which is isn't too sort after in the game these days and he has always been spotty in coverage at best. Again, replaceable for that price, as much as I'd have kept him. We do have a couple of good young linebackers behind him, but expect us to try finding another either in FA or the draft.

De Costa certainly hasn't had an easy start to being GM, but these are headline losses without necessarily being too impactful overall - other than CJ. I expect us to be in on Amos (hails from Baltimore) or Tayshaun Gipson at safety, and maybe a very un-Ravenlike splashy move for Le'Veon Bell, who would massively help out Lamar Jackson and prove Bell a chance to have a go at the Steelers twice a year.

Read all that but see....

231E9A56-0185-44B1-B34B-0B3D03459A71.png

Share this post


Link to post

The best, most consitently challenging teams often don't make any kind of splashy free agency signings - Pats, Packers, Steelers, Ourselves etc. 

It's almost as drafting and developing, then letting your players walk to get overpaid elsewhere is the better route for team building. A lot of these signings will look daft next year, as they always do.

Share this post


Link to post
22 minutes ago, Srg said:

The best, most consitently challenging teams often don't make any kind of splashy free agency signings - Pats, Packers, Steelers, Ourselves etc. 

It's almost as drafting and developing, then letting your players walk to get overpaid elsewhere is the better route for team building. A lot of these signings will look daft next year, as they always do.

I see you looking at Redskins when you’re posting this

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, David said:

I see you looking at Redskins when you’re posting this

Redskins are one of the prime examples of roster construction to create consistently competitive teams done wrongly.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

Teddy Bridgewater apparently turning down a better deal at Dolphins (you'd assume to start?) to stay at Saints. Can't say I'm bothered either way but good to see players are happy.

Edited by SaintRam

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, SaintRam said:

Teddy Bridgewater apparently turning down a better deal at Dolphins (you'd assume to start?) to stay at Saints. Can't say I'm bothered either way but good to see players are happy.

Ingram off though, bringing in Latavious Murray

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, David said:

Ingram off though, bringing in Latavious Murray

Aye - a real shame, but expected. Ingram's going to be out there looking for RB1 money and we can't justify that. One of my fav players, I'll miss him.

Latavius Murray is a downgrade but the deal that's being mentioned is pretty good value for him.

Edited by SaintRam

Share this post


Link to post

Le'Veon Bell apparently going to announce where he is off at midnight, a cryptic tweet from Akbar Gbaja-Biamila suggests he's off to Ravens, where as others say that after Barr has turned his back on the Jets they have more money to up their offer for him.

Ingram Ravens starting to trickle through on the Twitterfeed.

John Brown another to leave the Ravens, off to Bills, not a surprise with Lamar Gump unwilling to throw deep

 

Share this post


Link to post

Every time I go back on Twitter someone else has got a multi million dollar contract, I love how the journalists announce it, players go to congratulate them for their agents work whilst the teams say nothing.

It's bonkers this game but I love it.

What I don't love though is players refusing to sign franchise tags when one contract should be enough to set them up for life, I understand all this if I get injured and without a team, but we're talking about players earning like $10m+ a year, like I'm not being funny but that's plenty to take a year out with an ACL.  

Give me $10m and I'll prove that you can live comfortably and set your future generations up nicely, just means I would have to do it without dripping in gold and diamonds but I'm sure I will survive.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.