Sign in to follow this  
David

NFL 2019 Season

4 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

Remind me again who you support as I need to remember to give you grief when you lose!

Jerry Jones' band of merry men. 

@SaintRam- after having another look last night I really think you guys can win with Bridgewater - at least for a few games.

He hasn't had any meaningful play in 4-years and considering that, he did a sound job imho.

I realise it's impossible to know how his injury affect him (especially his running ability), but he was a pro-bowler prior to that.

Off the top of my head and without looking it up, I cannot think of a backup QB who's better. 

He must surely know the system by now and it's interesting that he turned down a starting job in Miami. I wonder if that means he thinks Brees will retire sooner rather than later and he'll have a shot in New Orleans at starting on a far better team?

Brees is an all-time great and I hope he bounces back as strong, but this will test Sean Payton and if he can pull a rabbit out of the hat and stay in contention is what is not a strong division - then he deserves that 5-year extension.

Will it hurt your seeding in the playoffs? Quite possibly. But the playoffs are the playoffs and it's getting there that matters. I think, and genuinely hope, you will still do.

20 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

@SaintRam- after having another look last night I really think you guys can win with Bridgewater - at least for a few games.

He hasn't had any meaningful play in 4-years and considering that, he did a sound job imho.

I realise it's impossible to know how his injury affect him (especially his running ability), but he was a pro-bowler prior to that.

Off the top of my head and without looking it up, I cannot think of a backup QB who's better. 

He must surely know the system by now and it's interesting that he turned down a starting job in Miami. I wonder if that means he thinks Brees will retire sooner rather than later and he'll have a shot in New Orleans at starting on a far better team?

Brees is an all-time great and I hope he bounces back as strong, but this will test Sean Payton and if he can pull a rabbit out of the hat and stay in contention is what is not a strong division - then he deserves that 5-year extension.

Will it hurt your seeding in the playoffs? Quite possibly. But the playoffs are the playoffs and it's getting there that matters. I think, and genuinely hope, you will still do.

Don't know what's going to happen; to be honest I could reasonably see 12-4 season, or a 6-10 season, and anything in between. NFC South seems really competitive this season if Brees is going to be out for more than a few weeks. I'm sure Teddy will find a rhythm at some point if he starts every game; but I'm curious how patient Payton will be with him considering how highly he seems to think of Taysom Hill.

I think we'll be looking to draft a QB high this year, regardless of Brees situation. Talk about Joe Burrow at LSU as a matter of fact, as he's being coached by Joe Brady - who is very close with Payton and apprenticed under him for the last two years at the Saints.

Edited by SaintRam

19 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Don't know what's going to happen; to be honest I could reasonably see 12-4 season, or a 6-10 season, and anything in between. NFC South seems really competitive this season if Brees is going to be out for more than a few weeks. I'm sure Teddy will find a rhythm at some point if he starts every game; but I'm curious how patient Payton will be with him considering how highly he seems to think of Taysom Hill.

I think we'll be looking to draft a QB high this year, regardless of Brees situation. Talk about Joe Burrow at LSU as a matter of fact, as he's being coached by Joe Brady - who is very close with Payton and apprenticed under him for the last two years at the Saints.

We will trade you Kirk 👀

Brees needs surgery 😔

Initial estimate is 6 weeks though; so theoretically we can lose every game he's absent for and still make the playoffs. Shame we don't have an early bye week though.

Edited by SaintRam

2 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Jerry Jones' band of merry men. 

2 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

Remind me again who you support as I need to remember to give you grief when you lose!

spacer.png

See you week 14.

30 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Big Ben out for the year too. What a weird/disappointing start to a season.

Just seen that. Gutted. My other main fantasy team I have a really strong team but never picked up a back up QB. Left with a choice between Stafford or Dalton now 😬

1 minute ago, jimbo jones said:

Just seen that. Gutted. My other main fantasy team I have a really strong team but never picked up a back up QB. Left with a choice between Stafford or Dalton now 😬

Stafford's doing well tbf. I've been impressed when I've seen him.

Also Daniel Jones is about to be the Giants starter. And Bridgewater or Hill at Saints 😄 

3 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Stafford's doing well tbf. I've been impressed when I've seen him.

Also Daniel Jones is about to be the Giants starter. And Bridgewater or Hill at Saints 😄 

Going with Stafford, I’m expecting the Lions to be annoyingly competitive this year. Which is the last thing we need in the North 😂

2 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

I'm guessing you also support the New York Yankees and have a strange urge to check Man Utd results too. Am I right? 

No, Padres for me. 

Fingers in pies though, I know what you're saying. I think it's his company that's just negotiated the new sponsorship deal for your stadium too, the largest to date after ours with AT&T.

I love seeing Gregg Williams getting dunked on.

Defensive Coordinater, asked about an opposing offensive player: "Who?"

OBJ goes for 161 yards and a TD. 

Not a great look, Gregg. Ya scumbag.

22 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I love seeing Gregg Williams getting dunked on.

Defensive Coordinater, asked about an opposing offensive player: "Who?"

OBJ goes for 161 yards and a TD. 

Not a great look, Gregg. Ya scumbag.

Blokes a Bamford

So much talent, watching him in his last year for LSU alongside Landry, catching passes from Mettenberger. What a season that was 😄 The only thing holding him back is he often can't maintain the effort. 

Had nothing but crappy QB/WR play at LSU since, until this season it seems. Very watchable again.