Sign in to follow this  
David

NFL 2019 Season

1 hour ago, SaintRam said:

When I was at school/late teens I was fully of the early @David train of thought. What a ridiculous sport. I don't even need to watch it I know it's that terrible. So I sympathize heavily.

Now, sometimes, I prefer it to our (non-Derby) football 😄 

IT'S SO GOOD RYNNY 

I am of the opinion that it isn't rubbish (how can it be when so many people like it), I just haven't got the time to watch games, pick a team etc

41 minutes ago, rynny said:

I am of the opinion that it isn't rubbish (how can it be when so many people like it), I just haven't got the time to watch games, pick a team etc

This is spooky, swear I posted this exact same thing myself a couple years ago, you been trawling through the old topics and coping my posts?

6 minutes ago, David said:

This is spooky, swear I posted this exact same thing myself a couple years ago, you been trawling through the old topics and coping my posts?

To be fair you've still not found the time to pick a team 😜 

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

To be fair you've still not found the time to pick a team 😜 

You can pipe down, you only got with the Saints trying to fit in with your video game friends!

I made the common mistake of feeling the need to pick a team before I went into it, quickly realised my mistake and held up my hands. 

1 minute ago, David said:

You can pipe down, you only got with the Saints trying to fit in with your video game friends!

I made the common mistake of feeling the need to pick a team before I went into it, quickly realised my mistake and held up my hands. 

Hey! 

I've spent plenty of time in New Orleans since 😄 

was also a natural fit with my name ❤️ 

Falcons are definitely a weak team to follow, I do approve of your switch to the Steelers; a much more follow-able team.

6 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Hey! 

I've spent plenty of time in New Orleans since 😄 

was also a natural fit with my name ❤️ 

Falcons are definitely a weak team to follow, I do approve of your switch to the Steelers; a much more follow-able team.

Falcons still got one of the nicest stadiums and best branding in the NFL, just not a fun team to watch

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, David said:

Falcons still got one of the nicest stadiums and best branding in the NFL, just not a fun team to watch

i mean in the sense of the long term. If the Steelers are bad, you know (or at least assume) it's going to be sooner rather than later before they're good again. Falcons are the opposite.

Saints are in limbo right now, no idea if they'll push on after the Brees era and enter the club that teams like the Steelers are in; or return to the depths of mediocrity and join the Falcons. I'll still follow them either way, of course. Just that the Steelers are one of the safer bets.

Edited by SaintRam

New season, and still fun and games with the kicker position at the Vikings.

we've traded a 5th round 2020 pick to the Ravens for kicker/punter Kaare Vedik. Concensus seems to be its to replace Dan Bailey, who’s been really struggling in training camp.

5th round seems a bit steep for a kicker, but it’s been a massive problem for us for what seems like forever.

Posted (edited)

I got annoyed with GamePass last year, cos so many Saints "flex" games were on Sky - really wasn't getting value.

This year, I didn't get the warning E-mail before they started charging me again, which irritated me further. After an E-mail they've cancelled my subscription and refunded me.

Edited by SaintRam

13 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

New season, and still fun and games with the kicker position at the Vikings.

we've traded a 5th round 2020 pick to the Ravens for kicker/punter Kaare Vedik. Concensus seems to be its to replace Dan Bailey, who’s been really struggling in training camp.

5th round seems a bit steep for a kicker, but it’s been a massive problem for us for what seems like forever.

He's a punter too, so can do both for you which would be incredibly valuable.

Ravens turning yet another undrafted kicker into gold... Justin Tucker, then Will Lutz and now Kaare Vedvik. Would have traded him last year but he got attacked so ended up out injured. 

Noise from camp was although he played well in the first game that he actually hadn't done great so we cashed in now rather than risking the value.

Plus side for Vikings is they have a genuine Norwegian playing for them now.

3 minutes ago, Srg said:

Plus side for Vikings is they have a genuine Norwegian playing for them now.

I figured from the name he was of Scandinavian decent, didn’t realise he was actually Norwegian born though, that is kind of cool.