NFL 2019 Season

David

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, David said:

Where as the Ravens were still going for it on 4th down despite the Dolphins being buried

Hell would freeze over before Zimmer did that. Especially annoying when you have Thielen on your fantasy team ?

Cousins 8/10 for 98 yards and a touchdown, so it’s not like the passing game wasn’t working when it was used

It wasn't an easy match for the Rams tonight, certainly closer than I was hoping for. I didn't really factor in that it was a match that was being played at 10am for the Rams players, body clock wise, plus away from home in intense heat. Nevertheless, they showed why they're good for a deep run into the play-offs. 

Goff, he wasn't on it tonight. He's played zero* minutes in pre-season, I believe so it's no surprise he looked rusty. Brown and Gurley ate up a decent amount of rushing yards, although I expected Gurley to be the redzone back, but he seemed to play most of his snaps in our own half. He was integral to getting us over the line in Q4. The OL didn't look as cohesive as last year, although I think that was going to be expected, nevertheless it stood up fairly well. Not outstanding, but good enough. Kupp & Woods looked good. Higbee with a clutch TD that won the game. The defence was definitely the major positive, albeit with an unusually quiet Donald barely laying a glove on Cam, but plenty of others stepping up to the plate - Littleton being the major reason we won. 

Not perfect, but a solid start. The next game should be interesting! 

Kyler Murray started his NFL career by getting sacked by his own O-Line, who appeared to lose sight of him.

Since then, he has done very little. 

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

It wasn't an easy match for the Rams tonight, certainly closer than I was hoping for. I didn't really factor in that it was a match that was being played at 10am for the Rams players, body clock wise, plus away from home in intense heat. Nevertheless, they showed why they're good for a deep run into the play-offs. 

Goff, he wasn't on it tonight. He's played zero* minutes in pre-season, I believe so it's no surprise he looked rusty. Brown and Gurley ate up a decent amount of rushing yards, although I expected Gurley to be the redzone back, but he seemed to play most of his snaps in our own half. He was integral to getting us over the line in Q4. The OL didn't look as cohesive as last year, although I think that was going to be expected, nevertheless it stood up fairly well. Not outstanding, but good enough. Kupp & Woods looked good. Higbee with a clutch TD that won the game. The defence was definitely the major positive, albeit with an unusually quiet Donald barely laying a glove on Cam, but plenty of others stepping up to the plate - Littleton being the major reason we won. 

Not perfect, but a solid start. The next game should be interesting! 

I thought Noteboom did well today, which is encouraging for the Oline. 

McVay did a really great job of utilizing Gurley. He let Brown (who would start for many teams) pound them and then let the Gurley dog loose when their D was gassed.

Kupp is Goff's security blanket and he missed him a LOT the end of last season. I love that guy.

The D is very much bend and not break. They tackled poorly at times today, but they did enough. They will get better, I'm sure.

It was brutally, brutally hot and I think that played a huge part in the game.

It was the kind of grinding win you need and I'll take it.Next week is going to be a different ball game though.

Our achilles heel is being run at up the middle and I bet @SaintRam is licking his chops. at seeing Kamara have a go at doing what McCaffery did.

Good signs early for the Ravens and Cowboys, but need to see if they can recreate it against a real team; could be really entertaining teams this year if they can.

4 hours ago, SaintRam said:

Good signs early for the Ravens and Cowboys, but need to see if they can recreate it against a real team; could be really entertaining teams this year if they can.

You've got to fancy the Cowboys, they've got a ridiculous amount of talent not to be having a deep run in the play-offs. Unfortunately for them, Saints & Rams also have a similar amount of talent. I would be surprised if it's not one of them three who represents the NFC in the Superbowl. 

I've really enjoyed the Saints playing late on opening weekend. Got to really enjoy the games. If we lay an egg tonight I've got time to get over the disappointment before there's any more games.

Have taken tomorrow off work to watch this live, though, so fingers crossed it's not a complete poo show.

Archived