NFL 2019 Season

David

1 hour ago, SaintRam said:

Aye - a real shame, but expected. Ingram's going to be out there looking for RB1 money and we can't justify that. One of my fav players, I'll miss him.

Latavius Murray is a downgrade but the deal that's being mentioned is pretty good value for him.

A bit disappointed, but not surprised to see the Tay Train move on. 

We have managed to keep Anthony Barr, despite the Jets offering him more money. Murray, Sendejo & Remmers all going, plus Everson Griffen reportedly restructuring seems to have paid for it. Meanwhile Sheldon Richardson looks set for the Browns...was expected if we did keep one it would be Richardson.

Kyle Rudolph could also restructure to free up some cap space, but Thielen is expected to get a pay day, as he’s massively underpaid at the moment.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've let Cole Beasley go, signing for the Bills. 

Bit of a cult hero but was asking for too much money for a player who's output doesn't match. Hope he does well in Buffalo though and he's got his pay day at least!

Some cracking moments in the few years I've been following the Cowboys involving him, the hail mary this year was class but this nameplate catch was pretty good too. 

spacer.png

Bills fans must be livid mind, this time last week they thought they might be nabbing AB. Now they've ended up with the wrong Brown and Beasley. ?

NFL Free Agency is officially the best transfer window of any sport.

Would honestly feel sick if I was a Giants fan, Landon Collins and now Odell...

Stocking up on picks to trade with us for #1 and Kyler Murray, you’d think? I guess Kyler and Saquon is a bit of a disgusting, game breaking, smash your controller on Madden combination.

6 hours ago, Leicester Ram said:

NFL Free Agency is officially the best transfer window of any sport.

Would honestly feel sick if I was a Giants fan, Landon Collins and now Odell...

Stocking up on picks to trade with us for #1 and Kyler Murray, you’d think? I guess Kyler and Saquon is a bit of a disgusting, game breaking, smash your controller on Madden combination.

Imagine being a Giants fan...? I’m finding it really hard to root for the team at the minute. Garbage compensation for OBJ too. We will not trade up in the draft, not how Gettleman rolls, 95% certain of that. We should tear it all down right now.

8 minutes ago, r4derby said:

Imagine being a Giants fan...? I’m finding it really hard to root for the team at the minute. Garbage compensation for OBJ too. We will not trade up in the draft, not how Gettleman rolls, 95% certain of that. We should tear it all down right now.

Not all bad, you’ve still got Eli Manning

very funny lol GIF

Hard to look past the Browns for the AFC North now, on paper. Might even be considered dark horses for the Championship at this stage - which is crazy considering how recently they were still, well, the Browns. I do love that aspect of the NFL. A poo team can become highly competitive in no time at all, if the decision making is good.

Been a very interesting FA so far this year.

55 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Hard to look past the Browns for the AFC North now, on paper. Might even be considered dark horses for the Championship at this stage - which is crazy considering how recently they were still, well, the Browns. I do love that aspect of the NFL. A poo team can become highly competitive in no time at all, if the decision making is good.

Been a very interesting FA so far this year.

14/1 if you dare, be interesting to know what the odds were before last night.

I won't be wasting my money on the hype.

12 minutes ago, David said:

To win the SB? Hell naw. I don't place bets on near-sure things, let alone "might be considered dark horses".

I'd be pretty confident in the Browns winning the AFC North though, at this time.

2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

To win the SB? Hell naw. I don't place bets on near-sure things, let alone "might be considered dark horses".

I'd be pretty confident in the Browns winning the AFC North though, at this time.

Free agency deals haven't officially gone through yet and you want to confidently call the AFC North already?

Don't get me wrong, Browns have pulled off an unbelievable trade for OBJ, but both Steelers and Ravens have yet to make any real moves. 

It's going to be more competitive, if we ignore the Bengals over in the corner just looking to survive. 

Be a huge surprise if Browns don't make the play offs at this point. Bengals should be more competitive with Mixon and AJ Green, there's always a chance. Will be very intriguing.

We are trying to get of cap hell clearly, which we were in as a result of constantly restructuring contracts, such as Jimmy Smith's and his suspensions, and dead money left from the likes of the Ray Rice incident. So we have more cap room this year than we've had in a long while, but doesn't look like we're going to throw anything daft around at the moment, because our room could be over $100m next year.

That said, the way the first couple of days of this have transpired, it has been very Ravens not to be involved. We draft and develop, then let players walk to get over paid vastly by other teams - Ellerbe, Kruger and McPhee, just to name but three. They're never as good elsewhere, and get disguised in our complex defense. Won't surprise me whatsoever when Suggs and Weddle have limited impacts and roles this season, and Moseley isn't as good as he was here (crazy contract, no wonder we didn't pay it).

We highly value compensatory picks and at the moment, we are scheduled for the most you can get - two 3rd round, one 4th and a 5th. Not being involved in this stage of free agency allows us to keep all them. I imagine, we will dabble when it comes down to cap casualties when teams start cutting players down to 53, as you can pick up much bigger bargains and they don't negatively affect the comp pick formula.

5 minutes ago, Srg said:

Made a huge post about being Ravens like as normal... then we go and get Earl a Thomas and Mark Ingram!

I'm gonna miss him. He was a below average 2nd year player when I started watching the Saints, his progress has been remarkable of late.

Alvin Kamara's tweets have been adorable ? 

On 13/03/2019 at 08:57, David said:

I might stick a tenner on it.  Mayfield, OBJ, Landry, Hunt.  That's scary offence.  With the right play calling they could score for fun next season...

Archived