Sheffield Wednesday appoint Steve Bruce

ThePrisoner

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Does anyone else think it’s strange that he doesn’t take over until 1st Feb ??‍♂️

Surely it must be down to severance pay from Villa ??‍♂️

It’s due to family reasons. I believe his parents have been ill or something like that. 

2 hours ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Does anyone else think it’s strange that he doesn’t take over until 1st Feb ??‍♂️

Surely it must be down to severance pay from Villa ??‍♂️

When does the transfer window shut?

Wednesday are under FFP,perhaps if he avoids the window it solves any problem?

2 hours ago, HantsRam said:

Well he's proven to be useless when he's had cash so perhaps he will do better trying to coax a performance out of the criminal forestieri and that big donkey Lucas joao ?

Managers like Bruce tend to have gone into management with a decent budget to spend and not had to motivate a team with good man management and tactical nous. Then they think they can buy the same team coherence and realise its not that easy.

Team players are a strange bunch because they are often not as good technically as some but they knit the side together better.

We had a brief glimpse of that with John Eustace, Brian Clough won three League titles and a couple of cups with John McGovern  as his CDM who would nullify the danger from the opposition. Most teams at the time weren't trying to sign him....

Managers like Bruce tend to think you can just buy a player and fit him in but forget its a team game where not every player has to be like Ronaldo.

Or is it our fault as we don't give managers time to build teams because we expect instant success?

As a Derby fan I like to think we will give managers time if we are seen to be building and giving youngsters a chance.

8 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

He'll be doing well if he can motivate that lot. Everyone who goes there seems to lose their ability overnight. Hillsborough is like a black hole for talent. 

They've still got a couple of players I'd like to see in our squad - Bannan & Reach

2 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

They've still got a couple of players I'd like to see in our squad - Bannan & Reach

Yes, it's not that they sign bad players, it's just that they don't seem to perform when they get there. 

What on earth happened with Jordan Rhodes? Didn't they sign him for something like £12 million, and then not even put him in the squad... and then give him to Norwich?

21 hours ago, ThePrisoner said:

It’s due to family reasons. I believe his parents have been ill or something like that. 

I think both his mum and dad died last year. Ans he got sacked from his job. 

He's probably glad to see the back of 2018.

Wendies at work telling me Brucie will have a bonus as Chansiri has sold the ground which has freed up cash for transfers and to get out of FFP?

I’m not saying that’s not true but when I asked them what sort of jeb end would buy Hillsborough?

His brother has bought it??

Surely that can neither be true or allowed under the rules?

2 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

Wendies at work telling me Brucie will have a bonus as Chansiri has sold the ground which has freed up cash for transfers and to get out of FFP?

I’m not saying that’s not true but when I asked them what sort of jeb end would buy Hillsborough?

Good idea. So we just need Mel to sell Pride Park to Mrs Mel and we're sorted!

1 hour ago, coneheadjohn said:

Think they need to get rid of the deadwood and then rebuild rather than finding transfer funds.

One thing with Bruce is he likes to the cash when it needs someone who’s got a 3/4 year plan to go in and clear the deadwood out, invest in the youth and buy smart. Bruce feels a bit ‘out of the frying pan and into the fire’ to me. I actually like Bruce, but I do t think he’s the man for the job they need

17 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Think they need to get rid of the deadwood and then rebuild rather than finding transfer funds.

One thing with Bruce is he likes to the cash when it needs someone who’s got a 3/4 year plan to go in and clear the deadwood out, invest in the youth and buy smart. Bruce feels a bit ‘out of the frying pan and into the fire’ to me. I actually like Bruce, but I do t think he’s the man for the job they need

Can’t see them generating much cash.

I agree that would better,Chansiri wants out though.

Lots of players out of contract at the end of the year on big wages and I think their wages are higher than ours(allegedly).

Fletcher,Foristieri etc 40k?

On 05/01/2019 at 20:48, coneheadjohn said:

Can’t see them generating much cash.

I agree that would better,Chansiri wants out though.

Lots of players out of contract at the end of the year on big wages and I think their wages are higher than ours(allegedly).

Fletcher,Foristieri etc 40k?

Wouldn’t surprise me re: wages, they’ve made some shocking decisions with the players they’ve brought in to try and get promoted.

I kept tabs on the fans forum they had the other week and how the chairman was speaking about being happy with the season and the reaction was pretty funny. 

There are one of a few champ clubs, that also includes Forest, that wants promotion any means possible. They put little in place to achieve it and put no back up plan in place for when it falls apart. They just expect a money man to come in and save them. Problem is now if no one comes in I can’t see then getting out the mess. It’ll be interesting to see their squad at the start of next season

Archived