Sign in to follow this  
ThePrisoner

Sheffield Wednesday appoint Steve Bruce

3 hours ago, Lambchop said:

I think the reference is to Luhakay, or whatever his name was, banning the players from eating mushrooms. 

Not only does Bruce look like a dinner lady, but he will also herald the welcome return of said shrooms. 

I knew that. But I thought my "fun guy" pun on "fungi" was pretty good (but then I had drank three bottles of Guinness West Indies Stout!)

Good appointment that is. And keeps a good manager away from Stoke or Forest. Wednesday are too far behind to threaten the play offs this season - i bet they'll climb though.

12 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Good appointment that is. And keeps a good manager away from Stoke or Forest. Wednesday are too far behind to threaten the play offs this season - i bet they'll climb though.

Experienced for sure. But good? Not so sure .

14 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Does anyone else think it’s strange that he doesn’t take over until 1st Feb 🤷🏻‍♂️

Surely it must be down to severance pay from Villa 🤷🏻‍♂️

There's a story he's going to watch the england criket team, but i suspect you're right

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Does anyone else think it’s strange that he doesn’t take over until 1st Feb 🤷🏻‍♂️

It’s due to family reasons. I believe his parents have been ill or something like that. 

Edited by ThePrisoner

2 hours ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

When does the transfer window shut?

Wednesday are under FFP,perhaps if he avoids the window it solves any problem?

6 hours ago, coneheadjohn said:

When does the transfer window shut?

Wednesday are under FFP,perhaps if he avoids the window it solves any problem?

Well he's proven to be useless when he's had cash so perhaps he will do better trying to coax a performance out of the criminal forestieri and that big donkey Lucas joao 😂

2 hours ago, HantsRam said:

Well he's proven to be useless when he's had cash so perhaps he will do better trying to coax a performance out of the criminal forestieri and that big donkey Lucas joao 😂

Managers like Bruce tend to have gone into management with a decent budget to spend and not had to motivate a team with good man management and tactical nous. Then they think they can buy the same team coherence and realise its not that easy.

Team players are a strange bunch because they are often not as good technically as some but they knit the side together better.

We had a brief glimpse of that with John Eustace, Brian Clough won three League titles and a couple of cups with John McGovern  as his CDM who would nullify the danger from the opposition. Most teams at the time weren't trying to sign him....

Managers like Bruce tend to think you can just buy a player and fit him in but forget its a team game where not every player has to be like Ronaldo.

Or is it our fault as we don't give managers time to build teams because we expect instant success?

As a Derby fan I like to think we will give managers time if we are seen to be building and giving youngsters a chance.

He'll be doing well if he can motivate that lot. Everyone who goes there seems to lose their ability overnight. Hillsborough is like a black hole for talent. 

8 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

He'll be doing well if he can motivate that lot. Everyone who goes there seems to lose their ability overnight. Hillsborough is like a black hole for talent. 

They've still got a couple of players I'd like to see in our squad - Bannan & Reach