Public Health England

FindernRam

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

I asked a question to do with my blood cancer at a forum and got shot down. I take a medication which keeps it under control but i said i was cynical and thought thats what the drug company wanted, keep it under control at a cost of 40k a year or give you a pill to cure it. Which do they genuinely want? 

You’re right to ask questions, I would have done the same thing. Never be afraid to ask questions. In their eyes by asking questions means you’re going against the system. Don’t want to turn this into a conspiracy thread but we can go to the moon, send technology to other planets and create atomic weapons but not a cure for these illnesses and diseases? Yeah right. Unfortunately money is the way of the world, many of the rich would rather see people die than help out I.e like the building of the football stadiums in Qatar and the slave labour leading to the eventual deaths of the workers. It disgusts me.

P.s I’m sorry to hear about your blood cancer, I hope your recovery is going well

Impossible to cure cancer for a couple of reasons. it is contolled by genetic switches.

when you are nowt but a ball of cells the switches are ON to create a massive profileration of basic cells which will later become specialized by turning on other genetic switches. This is how a large multi-cellular animal is created. Therefore the mechanism has to exist, but is switched OFF after the relevant process has completed.

in cancer, the relevant switches are accidentally turned back ON by mutation, the influence of a virus, or something called methylation, which basically enables or disables gene function.

We will eventually crack the mysteries of the genetic code, but how you prevent DNA in every cell in your body from going 'rogue' is another problem entirely.

3 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Impossible to cure cancer for a couple of reasons. it is contolled by genetic switches.

when you are nowt but a ball of cells the switches are ON to create a massive profileration of basic cells which will later become specialized by turning on other genetic switches. This is how a large multi-cellular animal is created. Therefore the mechanism has to exist, but is switched OFF after the relevant process has completed.

in cancer, the relevant switches are accidentally turned back ON by mutation, the influence of a virus, or something called methylation, which basically enables or disables gene function.

We will eventually crack the mysteries of the genetic code, but how you prevent DNA in every cell in your body from going 'rogue' is another problem entirely.

That's what I was thinking.

17 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

3 days and counting... ?

Check this graphic out...

brands.thumb.jpeg.df0bbdf32cb650c474d648b132b5f747.jpeg

These are the 10 food companies that basically own everything we eat and drink. They are mega rich. They make billions in profit. And to sustain that profit they invest heavily in everything from politics to pharmaceutical research.  

If you wonder why there are cakes and chocolate represented on the food pyramid you were shown at school, it's because the research used to make that pyramid was paid for by these companies. 

They're in it together and they're making billions. 

If you eat clean you probably won't get cancer or anything else. But that's no good to Big Pharma or Big Food's bottom lines.

There's no money in salad.

Ballcocks probably.

My mother in law never put a single carcinogen in her body her whole life, no booze, never smoked, everything cooked fresh with no ready meals ever, breast cancer appeared as soon as she retired, and metamorphosed into lung and brain cancer after a decade long struggle to keep it at bay.

My own mother mind has smoked and drank her entire life, big fan of bacon and all processed meat, and has recently celebrated her 83rd birthday with a seemingly never ending piss up around the British Isles and Ireland.

So far genetically I've picked up a blood clotting disorder, a bipedal vein system, a fierce temper and a tiny penis.

I'm not holding out much hope that longevity will have made it onto the list, but you never know!

32 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

i was cynical and thought thats what the drug company wanted, keep it under control at a cost of 40k a year or give you a pill to cure it. Which do they genuinely want? 

Sorry to hear about your blood cancer Paul! Hope all is going well?

It seems to me that they definitely don't want is people trying too hard to prevent illnesses. Isn't there some law that prohibits any research into cancer treatment unless it's pharmaceutical?

3 hours ago, McLovin said:

You’re awake, well done son. Expect to get a knock on your door by men in Black if you dig any deeper.

Jokes on all of you! Read this and I bet you won’t be able to sleep at night ?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/Thetruthishere/comments/8h8m5e/my_encounter_with_the_men_in_black/#ampf=undefined

feel free to remove if too scary

28 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Do you think if people altered their lifestyles then it could be better prevented?

For example, until the last century people were generally meat eating fat burners. Very little carbohydrate in the diet. Is a 'fat burning' human body less prone to inflammations and mutations than a 'carbohydrate burning' human body?

If so then surely the food pyramid is upside down? How did that happen?

2 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Do you think if people altered their lifestyles then it could be better prevented?

For example, until the last century people were generally meat eating fat burners. Very little carbohydrate in the diet. Is a 'fat burning' human body less prone to inflammations and mutations than a 'carbohydrate burning' human body?

If so then surely the food pyramid is upside down? How did that happen?

Ironically i suspect a high protein red meat diet is probably damaging because the bi-product of protein digestion is ammonia. It seems to me that you get a bowel or bladder laced with bleach, which causes cellular damage, cellular regeneration and therefore a risk of mutation. 

10 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Ironically i suspect a high protein red meat diet is probably damaging because the bi-product of protein digestion is ammonia. It seems to me that you get a bowel or bladder laced with bleach, which causes cellular damage, cellular regeneration and therefore a risk of mutation. 

I tried high protein and felt terrible. I went veggie but ended up eating my own bodyweight in cheese. I reckon my constant experimentations with food will eventually kill me.

Maybe I'll try vegan for a bit. I had a greggs vegan sausage roll yesterday and it was alright.

1 hour ago, Parsnip said:

Sorry to hear about your blood cancer Paul! Hope all is going well?

It seems to me that they definitely don't want is people trying too hard to prevent illnesses. Isn't there some law that prohibits any research into cancer treatment unless it's pharmaceutical?

I'm sure there are reasons this doesn't happen - but I can't think of any ....

If the words best genetic scientists are spread out creating drugs for various pharmaceutical  companies at which point a new drug is created and said company charges the earth to supposedly cover development costs and make large profits is there not a simple answer .

The worlds richer nations could surely get all these scientists on the payroll and get them working together to create drugs quicker, better and far cheaper so there is better access for everyone .  When I see NASA wasting  4 billion on more pictures of Pluto we all saw with Voyager 30 years ago it makes my piss boil.

1 hour ago, Parsnip said:

I tried high protein and felt terrible. I went veggie but ended up eating my own bodyweight in cheese. I reckon my constant experimentations with food will eventually kill me.

Maybe I'll try vegan for a bit. I had a greggs vegan sausage roll yesterday and it was alright.

Thats probably the healthiest.

Vegetarian or Vegan.....not greggs ?

Anyway good health to you, Paul and The Reverend El diablo. Hope you all have a healthy and happy 2019.

Archived